Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY 2006 Baseball Thread!!  (Read 37000 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The ONE and ONLY 2006 Baseball Thread!!
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2006, 08:26:22 am »
Quote from: antbach
this thread needs to be bumped, not cos I have anything constructive to say, but 12 days between posts on the baseball thread is unheard of. to keep it baseball though:

whats the deal with the met\'s guy getting 50 games? his translator was unable to tell him that drugs are bad in MLB?

also, the greatest rivalry in sports makes its 06 debut tomorrow at Fenway, do you think the fans will give Damon a standing ovation or boo him? Will he get a video montage? And there will be .info representation in attendance Tuesday night in Boston, set your VCRs and tivos kids, I plan on making sportcenter. . .

Are you gonna make a .info/ESPN sign?  Who should we look for in the crowd?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2006, 08:33:28 am »
look for the 2 yankee fans and the 2 red sox fans in section 1. :D

Wolfman

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2006, 09:32:37 am »
Quote from: davepeck

That\'s like the whole crowd.  Looks like we know what Yankee fans we got.  What Red Sox fans we got representing?

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2006, 11:11:49 am »

I\'m jealous, would love to be at this game, I have to miss the begining for class tonight too, very curious to see how the boston crowd reacts to Johnny, he did help them win a world series, so maybe he\'ll get a standing O, but he did go the the evil empire so maybe he\'ll get booed we\'ll see I guess.....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2006, 11:49:45 am »
For the record, the Mets finished April at 16-8 in first place with a six-game lead.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2006, 12:27:07 pm »
from Bostondirtdogs.com
Stand. Because He Delivered.

"I just can\'t imagine anyone wanting to boo Johnny Damon... all he did was hustle here for four years." -- 4.30.06, Peter Gammons

"The right thing to do is a raucous standing ovation... show some class. Show some common sense." -- 4.30.06, The Boston Globe\'s Bob Ryan

“I think he’s gonna get a lot of cheers, you’re gonna have your boo-birds, (but they\'ll) kinda get drowned out by a lot of applause because he\'s done so much for this club.” -- 4.27.06, Red Sox center fielder Coco Crisp

"First time up, standing ovation." -- 4.30.06, The RemDawg

"The ideas emanating from the lunatic fringe of Red Sox Nation — that Damon is a \'traitor,\' that he has gone from \'Jesus to Judas,\' that he should be called \'Demon\' instead of \'Damon\' — are not worthy of serious discussion." -- 4.30.06, Ken Rosenthal, Foxsports.com

"I think the fans will cheer for what we accomplished the last few years, and boo the fact that I\'m a Yankee." -- 4.30.06, Johnny Damon

" \'I think he\'s probably going to get a heavy booing. You go from Red Sox Nation to a big Yankee. I\'m sure there will be a lot people who will cheer him, but I think you\'ll hear pretty loud boos. That\'s just how the fans are... No one ever leaves their job for a job that pays more money,\' Foulke said, his words dripping with sarcasm. \'Why would [fans] understand? We\'re just overpaid, spoiled kids.\' " -- 5.1.06, Keith Foulke Being Keith Foulke
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2006, 12:31:05 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
Are you gonna make a .info/ESPN sign? Who should we look for in the crowd?

Actually, I was planning on starting a fight with Trot Nixon or whoever is playing Right tomorrow :) Is this an ESPN game? If so maybe I will do a Sportcenter is next sign.

Section 87 row G if I remember correct.

I think Damon will get a standing ovation his first at bat to start the game, and maybe another when he takes the field in the bottom of the 1st, but then get BOOed the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 12:31:05 pm by antbach »
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2006, 12:49:45 pm »
of course these guys go into this series lookin like this:

Team         W L PCT GB
NY Yankees 13 10 .565 -
Boston        14 11 .560 -

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2006, 01:24:24 pm »
I was at Yanks/Jays yesterday, and here\'s a few observations from the bleachers

1. Bernie Williams should retire ASAP.  I really like Bernie, and I\'m grateful for all he\'s given the Yanks, but c\'mon.  He was in RF yest. due to the Sheff injury, and he just embarassed himself.  It was sad to watch. He\'s also hitting .220.  I think given the AB\'s Bubba Crosby could hit at least .250, and be adaquete defensively.

2. Jeter will win the batting title this year, write it down.

3. Giambi\'s homer hit the wall of the upper deck with a resounding thud.  He\'s raking to the tune of a 1.400 OPS.  Right now he\'s a strong candidate for MVP.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Wolfman

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2006, 02:02:28 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch
For the record, the Mets finished April at 16-8 in first place with a six-game lead.

Boy are you gonna regret this post in 5 months.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2006, 03:06:01 pm »
Its no fluke wolfman

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2006, 07:25:47 pm »
Did they BOO Damon?

I\'m at work and can\'t watch TV.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2006, 08:10:10 pm »
started off with boos, then turned to cheers when damon tipped his cap and recognized the crowd.. he was booed on his next at-bat..

looks like we in for some miserable weather in boston tomorrow night.. :(

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2006, 08:49:15 pm »
Hope the bad weather holds off for you tomorrow.

:shakes fist at sky:
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Wolfman

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2006, 11:07:41 pm »
Red Sox 7, Yankees 3.

Forget Steinbrenner.  The owner of the Yankees is David Ortiz.  Nice try signing another Red Sox, Mike Myers, for the sole purpose of retiring David Ortiz this year.  You thought he was the answer.  The truth is, there is no answer.  David Ortiz owns the Yankees like no player ever has.  There\'s nothing you can do about it.

As for Damon; half cheers, half boos.  Pretty much par for the course... okay, that\'s over, let\'s move on to baseball.  Personally I would have cheered him enthusiastically, but I can understand why people boo when someone goes to the Yankees for more money.  There\'s really nothing wrong with it, that\'s business, but I can see why some people boo all the same.  

Oh and Yankee fans, how did you like your first look this year at Jonathan Papelbon?  The Ortiz/Papelbon combo is gonna sink the Yankees plenty more times this year for sure.