Author Topic: The Official 2005 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 77695 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The ONE and ONLY 2005 Major League Baseball Thread! [MERGED]
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2005, 08:58:52 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
Nothing like a homestand against the Pirates, Cubs, D-Rays, and Mets to get a Yankee fan feeling good about themselves.  I\'d be more worried that Randy Johnson is OWNED by the worst team in the league than I would be excited that everyone finally decided to hit, if only for one game.  Regardless of how many you score, one should never be optomistic when giving up 11 runs to the D-Rays.  Lose tonight, and last night never even happened.

it\'s a good thing the red sox are doing soooooo much better than the yankees right now, or we might not be getting Wolfman\'s spectacular pinpoint Yankee analysis. :thumbsup:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2005, 11:42:18 am »
a win is a win, just like a loss is a loss

it doesn\'t matter what you do now, its what you do after the all star break
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2005, 03:59:43 pm »
yanks lose. and wow, wolf was right - last night literally never happened!

it\'s like it\'s been completely erased from my memory..

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2005, 04:59:51 pm »
That\'s why the whole sports rivalry is a mockery.

If Wolfman grew up in Staven and Peck in Framingham, they would be trading jeers from the other\'s perspective right now.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2005, 05:12:06 pm »
As a born and raised Yankee fan, I found it tough at first to live in the southcoast of Massachusetts and attend school there. I was surrounded by many people from Boston and outside. Just about everyone is a Red Sox fan. At first, I hated them and loved to see the Yankees dominant the series. Towards the last couple of years residing in New Bedford, I began to respect the Red Sox in a way I never thought I could. Now, I live in CT and my good friend is a Red Sox fanatic. We usually switch between NESN and YES. I have to say, and maybe this is just the way I see it but the Yankees have no idea on how to play baseball. Why do you swing at the first shitty pitch with 2 men in scoring  position? They always seem to be swinging for the fences, always. The Red Sox on the other hand, play fundamentally sound baseball. Singles and move the runners. I believe that the Red Sox have a great offense because they can move runners, come up with hits when they need them and they are always in a reasonable position to comeback. The Yankees will be lucky to finish above .500 this year, I really believe that. It makes me sick. Does this even make sense?

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2005, 11:29:25 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

Sad, sad, sad is the day in Yankeeland that a Yankee fan has been reduced to clinging to a win at home against Tampa Bay.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Someone photoshop A-Rod\'s face onto the Ancient Mariner with the albatross around his neck!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2005, 06:39:27 am »
Quote from: Wolfman

Sad, sad, sad is the day in Yankeeland that a Yankee fan has been reduced to clinging to a win at home against Tampa Bay.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

my bad. i forgot i was talking to a fan of a team whose fans have spent their entire lives trying to forget the games they\'ve watched. clearly the concept of watching a game that you might remember for a while is still new and foreign to you, so for that, i apologize...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2005, 10:15:53 am »
Very good perspective on that one Dave.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2005, 03:04:49 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
Very good perspective on that one Dave.

Very amusing thread.  Reminds me of the Red Sox - Yankees disputes that would break out at UMass between the Mass. kids and the tri-staters.  You literally could not attend an event at that school without chants of "Yankees suck" breaking out.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2005, 03:23:05 pm »
While I to must say this thread has taken quite an amusing turn, I must also add that;
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
You literally could not attend an event at that school without chants of "Yankees suck" breaking out.

You could attend a funeral in Massachusetts and this chant would break out. You Boston fans have over used this chant for soooooooo long, that quite frankly, it has lost its meaning.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2005, 04:50:06 pm »
Actually it hasn\'t had any meaning for the last 10 years, since the Yankees have been, without question, the dominant team in baseball.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2005, 04:59:05 pm »
That is truth, Mark!

Too bad, they really suck now, maybe the Sox persistence paid off?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2005, 05:22:40 pm »
Quote from: Mark
Actually it hasn\'t had any meaning for the last 10 years, since the Yankees have been, without question, the dominant team in baseball.

Massachusetts has the highest meathead population per capita, so when the Yankees win several World Series titles in a row, they still suck according to all the dumb boys with thick Eastern Mass. accents.

Meatheads get a 0.1/10 on the logic scale.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2005, 07:11:34 pm »

my bad. i forgot i was talking to a fan of a team who last October fucked my team up for all eternity

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2005, 07:30:46 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: Mark

Massachusetts has the highest meathead population per capita, so when the Yankees win several World Series titles in a row, they still suck according to all the dumb boys with thick Eastern Mass. accents.

Meatheads get a 0.1/10 on the logic scale.

check your 2005 Atlas Zurflu.... Jersey carries more meatheads per square mile then any 2 other states