Author Topic: The Official 2005 Boston Red Sox Thread  (Read 77706 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The ONE and ONLY 2005 Major League Baseball Thread! [MERGED]
« Reply #240 on: June 24, 2005, 12:34:24 am »

OWNED

YANKEES SUCK

How do you feel now Yankee fans?  You just lost 3 out of 4 at pathetic Yankee Stadium, where nobody is scared to play, to the mighty Tampa Bay Double-A\'s.  How many times are you going to get slaughtered by these guys this year?  Still rolling in glee from that one inning 2 nights ago?  Did it ever occur to you that you scored all 13 runs against a Double-A pitcher who was only in the game because of Lou Piniella\'s personal vendetta against him?  

I have 2 pieces of advice to all Yankee fans.
1. Shut up.
2. Run and hide from this thread until next April.  No matter how witty you try to be, you can only make an even bigger ass out of yourself.  It\'s bad enough you\'re stuck rooting for this disgusting bunch of frauds.  It\'s worse that some of you have stooped so low as to be satisfied with losing three out of four at home to the Double-A\'s just because you scored a bunch of runs in one of the games.  But worst of all would be to say anything at all right now.  Keep a low profile, and come back next year.

Has it occured to you that your "superstars" A-Rod and Mike Mussina are making $7 million more this year than the entire Tampa Bay payroll combined?  Or that Tanyon Sturtz, your worst player, makes more than 13 of the Double-A\'s?  And you\'ve lost seven out of of ten to these minor leaguers?  You should be angry and humiliated, but you\'ve been reduced to such worthlessness after last October that you actually try to sit here and say you\'re happy about one win in four games against the Double-A\'s, at home.  Oh my god do the Yankees suck.  

The NY logo is now a symbol of fraudulence and failure.  Cling hard to the past, it\'s all you\'ve got.  You don\'t have shit going for you now, or in the foreseeable future.  Wax poetic about the glory days until you\'re blue in the face, until the kids finally roll their eyes at you and walk away.  Wax poetic until the day you die.  That\'s all you can do now.  The rest of us will be rooting for our teams in the here and now.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 12:37:59 am by Wolfman »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2005, 09:00:49 am »
Quote from: Wolfman
The rest of us will be rooting for our teams in the here and now.

yup. root away. you are clearly a bigger fan of your team than i (and the rest of the yankee fans, as you say) am of mine. so much so, that your last 6 posts in this thread have been about teams other than \'your\' team. it\'s fun to say you\'re rooting for your team, but when you\'re watching yankee games night in and night out, and catching the highlights of \'your\' team on sportscenter, it becomes quite apparent that you are a closet yankee fan. not that there\'s anything wrong with that. i look forward to the next time the yankees lose, and i can click on this thread to read some more expert analysis on just how \'owned\' they actually got...

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2005, 09:23:27 am »
Wolfman, am I happy about the outcome against the D-Rays this season? Of course not. Am I worried? Yea, but just a little bit. Do I CARE that A-Rod and Mussina make more than the entire TB payroll? Not at all. Do us all a favor and look at the AL East standings. The Sox have a nice streak going and are only 0.5 games behind Baltimore. But can you honestly say that either of those two teams have a \'safe\' lead in the Division when the Yankees and Blue Jays are both within 5 games? A 5 game lead with more than half a season left is by no means safe for comfort, I don\'t care what teams you are, how many \'superstars\' are on the team, how high the payroll is, or how long the average hair length is. But, hey, if you believe the Yankees fans should shut up and wait until next year, can you do me a favor and let me know when, exactly, I should be saying "wait \'till next year", and when this season is over, can you let me know, exactly, when to start saying "This is THE year, this is our year!". I know you and "Red Sox Nation" :lol: have had plenty of practice at it.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2005, 09:39:17 am »

OWNED

YANKEES SUCK

How do you feel now Yankee fans?  You just lost 3 out of 4 at pathetic Yankee Stadium, where nobody is scared to play, to the mighty Tampa Bay Double-A\'s.  How many times are you going to get slaughtered by these guys this year?  Still rolling in glee from that one inning 2 nights ago?  Did it ever occur to you that you scored all 13 runs against a Double-A pitcher who was only in the game because of Lou Piniella\'s personal vendetta against him?  

I have 2 pieces of advice to all Yankee fans.
1. Shut up.
2. Run and hide from this thread until next April.  No matter how witty you try to be, you can only make an even bigger ass out of yourself.  It\'s bad enough you\'re stuck rooting for this disgusting bunch of frauds.  It\'s worse that some of you have stooped so low as to be satisfied with losing three out of four at home to the Double-A\'s just because you scored a bunch of runs in one of the games.  But worst of all would be to say anything at all right now.  Keep a low profile, and come back next year.

Has it occured to you that your "superstars" A-Rod and Mike Mussina are making $7 million more this year than the entire Tampa Bay payroll combined?  Or that Tanyon Sturtz, your worst player, makes more than 13 of the Double-A\'s?  And you\'ve lost seven out of of ten to these minor leaguers?  You should be angry and humiliated, but you\'ve been reduced to such worthlessness after last October that you actually try to sit here and say you\'re happy about one win in four games against the Double-A\'s, at home.  Oh my god do the Yankees suck.  

The NY logo is now a symbol of fraudulence and failure.  Cling hard to the past, it\'s all you\'ve got.  You don\'t have shit going for you now, or in the foreseeable future.  Wax poetic about the glory days until you\'re blue in the face, until the kids finally roll their eyes at you and walk away.  Wax poetic until the day you die.  That\'s all you can do now.  The rest of us will be rooting for our teams in the here and now.

This is exactly why, Red Sox fans suck at being fans. Nothing but derogatory comments, nothing that is even worth listening to. It is no new fact that the Yankees are owned by the D-Rays, I could have told you that days ago. What will be interesting is how, at the end of the season, Red Sox fans will be saying, atleast we had a better record then the Yankees. Because, neither of these teams will be around in October.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 09:41:43 am by Spacey »
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Wolfman

« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2005, 10:02:44 am »
Quote from: davepeck

it is apparent that you are a closet yankee fan.

Oh geez.  Pec.  Single dumbest comment you\'ve ever made in some 5200 posts.  Oof.

Funny how you sit there and whine about me not talking about my team, yet you are saying nothing about the Yankees all the while.  

You should have listened to me.  I\'ll say it again: as a Yankee fan, no matter how witty you try to be, you can only make a bigger ass out of yourself by talking.  

You want me to talk Red Sox?  Fine.
-Just gutted out three tough games for a sweep of Cleveland...on the road.  Indians had won nine straight going into the series.  

-Won 4 straight, 9 out of 10.

-Tied in the loss column for 1st place in the division.

There, happy?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2005, 10:18:09 am »
You should have listened to me.  I\'ll say it again: as a Yankee fan, no matter how witty you try to be, you can only make a bigger ass out of yourself by talking.

:lol:

apparently you don\'t read the shit that spews from your keyboard.. rotfl

Wolfman

« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2005, 10:18:40 am »
Quote from: Spacey
This is exactly why, Red Sox fans suck at being fans. Nothing but derogatory comments

You can\'t suck at being a fan.  It\'s not a talent.  And the reason that this stuff comes out is because every Sox fan took it for as long as they have been alive, all year, every year, from the Yankee meatheads.  So after 24 more years of giving it back, I will be even.  The thing is, Yankee fans talking smack has become so commonplace that everyone just got used to it.  You didn\'t go around saying "Yankee fans suck at being fans because all they make is dergoatory comments" before last October.  But that was all they did.  It was just the norm.  But now, of course, you give it to them for 3 months and they whine and cry and squirm and come up with really dumb things to say when they should just lay low and be quiet.  It\'s quite amusing.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2005, 10:21:07 am »
This is exactly why, Red Sox fans suck at being fans. Nothing but derogatory comments

You can\'t suck at being a fan.  It\'s not a talent.  And the reason that this stuff comes out is because every Sox fan took it for as long as they have been alive, all year, every year, from the Yankee meatheads.  So after 24 more years of giving it back, I will be even.  The thing is, Yankee fans talking smack has become so commonplace that everyone just got used to it.  You didn\'t go around saying "Yankee fans suck at being fans because all they make is dergoatory comments" before last October.  But that was all they did.  It was just the norm.  But now, of course, you give it to them for 3 months and they whine and cry and squirm and come up with really dumb things to say when they should just lay low and be quiet.  It\'s quite amusing.

that\'s such a generalization, it\'s not even funny.. you can dig up yahoogroup posts from 2001 where i state dozens of times that i have *never* been one to bash fans of other teams because it is FUCKING LAME!!

Wolfman

« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2005, 10:22:06 am »

:lol:

apparently you don\'t read the shit that spews from your keyboard.. rotfl

*sigh*  I can\'t help you anymore.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #249 on: June 24, 2005, 10:27:48 am »
You Sox fans have no respect for anything. You were saying the Yankees Sucked when they were clearly the most dominant team  in baseball years ago. All you Sox fans are the same. You win 1 WS in 86 years and believe that your team is good. Granted the Sox, right now are the better team, you are still in 2nd, which makes you the 1st loser. And you can suck at being a fan, its called respect, something Boston knows nothing about. In the end, the Yankees are a successful franchise, while the Red Sox are merely a ballclub that plays in a park.

Wolfman

« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2005, 10:32:16 am »

that\'s such a generalization, it\'s not even funny.. you can dig up yahoogroup posts from 2001 where i state dozens of times that i have *never* been one to bash fans of other teams because it is FUCKING LAME!!

Look, you are the most mature and intelligent, down-to-earth Yankee fan I have ever encountered.  I\'ll definitely give you that much credit.  But it was easy for you to say that long, long ago in 2001 when all was rosy and you had no reason to hate anyone.  Now look at yourself and your fellow Yankee fans.  Squirming, hating, losers, stuck in the past starting from 2000.  (I\'ll give you a hint: don\'t talk.)  It\'s not lame that I talk trash, it\'s only fair.  Like I said, in 23 more years we\'ll be even.

You Sox fans have no respect for anything. You were saying the Yankees Sucked when they were clearly the most dominant team  in baseball years ago.

Again, the theme of being stuck in the past due to terror of looking at the present.  What do you want me to do, go to monument park and cowtow?  Who cares about that?  The Yankees today are frauds and failures and they\'re absolutely stealing your money.  You should hate them as much as I do for ripping you off.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 10:43:29 am by Wolfman »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2005, 10:41:19 am »
Wolf,

I for one and the most liberal Yankee fan you will find. I am not living in the past. I was making a point that Red Sox fans use to say the Yankees sucked when the clearly didn\'t. That chant now, I will join in on, because they are terrible. They do not play fundamental baseball. Watch a Yankee at bat and you will notice 85% of the time, they swing at the 1st pitch. Are they wasting my money? No, I don\'t go to games or buy memoriablia. I hate the Yankees, right now, because they wasted their money on trying to revive the old people. I would have had more respect if they said, at the beginning of the year, that we are going to go in a rebuilding mode. We need young talent and they have to grow. The Red Sox, right now, have been playing very good baseball and are much funnier to watch.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2005, 10:43:27 am »
whatever. i\'ll go ahead and say something that actually makes sense..

perhaps the Yankees are just getting a little too comfortable playing with each other.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2005, 10:44:49 am »
I\'d say that sums it right up. Look at how intent and deep Sheffield looks into Jeters eyes. I always that Jeter was A-Rod\'s!

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2005, 10:45:09 am »
:yawn:

EDIT: what a waste of post 1,000 :lol:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 10:47:18 am by antbach »
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"