Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina  (Read 8514 times)

WALSH

• Mahoney
    • http://
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2005, 09:34:22 pm »
Most of the people that are refusing to leave are located in mostly unaffected parts of the city, due to higher elevations.  They feel that they have enough food and water to not be forced to leave all of their belongings and their home to go to places that are not safe for anyone(i.e. the holding areas for people left w/o homes).  With the stories of rapes and gunfire and looting...who would want to leave their home.  

Hopefully president Bush can find a pile of rubble to stand on and yell false-promises to people(again!).  He really is doing a SUPERB job!
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2005, 09:48:45 pm »
Quote from: Marcial

And Kanye West might be the biggest idiot I\'ve ever heard speak.

This is so true. I think this guy is trying to start something he has no control of. Someone should shoot him..:thumbsdow That right throw some racism in there to stir things up. What an ass....
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2005, 09:59:28 pm »
Quote from: plainandsimple
Quote from: Marcial

And Kanye West might be the biggest idiot I\'ve ever heard speak.

This is so true. I think this guy is trying to start something he has no control of. Someone should shoot him..:thumbsdow That right throw some racism in there to stir things up. What an ass....

I hate when people do this kind of shit. Reverse the role. A white guy says something like that in reference to say, Jesse Jackson. What would happen. A rapper says it, and nothing is even heard about it.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

plainandsimple

• running against the wind
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2005, 10:03:15 pm »
Kayne West should be Booed everywhere he goes..  

Kayne west<<<<<< boo this man
Simpleman. Thats what I am...
"Bubba said those are magic shooes. Bubba said they\'d take me anywhere. Of course Bubba use to beat me with a rubber hose and call me a retard."

Dig

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2005, 10:19:49 pm »
Quote from: plainandsimple
Kayne West should be Booed everywhere he goes..  

Kayne west<<<<<< boo this man

correct

Interesting little column here about Kayne West.

Kanye West and President Bush

So rapper Kanye West (search) says President Bush doesn\'t care about black people. CBS contributor Nancy Giles, on her segment on CBS\' "Sunday Morning" program, agrees.

In her "What If They Were White?" commentary, Giles said, "If the majority of the hardest hit victims of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans were white people, they would not have gone for days without food and water, forcing many to steal for mere survival."

I’ll agree on this: Our national response was the worst display of American might we have ever seen. But I will not submit to the accusation that that lack of response was a race issue.

God, I hope it wasn\'t a race issue.

While West did participate in "A Concert for Hurricane Relief" on Friday night, has he spent a few of his own dollars to make things better? Has Giles?

It\'s easy for West to throw hate around on national television, but his peers Jay-Z and P-Diddy donated $1 million to the relief effort.

Rev. Al Sharpton is in Houston assuring the incoming victims of the hurricane are getting the proper care needed to get through this ordeal.

Magic Johnson invests in the poorest of black communities with his Magic Johnson theaters, and Derek Jeter\'s Turn2 foundation focuses on education in the same neighborhoods.

I’d like to know whether the finger-pointers are doing more than pointing fingers.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2005, 11:11:26 pm »
^^^amen.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

kyndkate

• Vicious.
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2005, 11:13:49 pm »
The Banditos said it best:
"Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people..."
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2005, 11:34:39 pm »
So the Superdome is to be destroyed. Wow. They say it is of no use now and it would be safer to rebuild than repair it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2005, 12:26:14 am »
One of my girlfriends said she was watching Oprah today...she went to the Superdome and the conditions were horrific. There were still dead bodies around that hadn\'t been cleaned up, there was urine and shit everywhere, etc.

Good job. Good job.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2005, 09:57:08 am »
Don\'t have much news to report from Houston other than the fact that there are tons of cars w/ Louisiana plates in the parking lot of my hotel... and I think I saw a woman washing clothes last night in the pool...?

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2005, 04:00:01 pm »
Quote from: leith
So the Superdome is to be destroyed. Wow. They say it is of no use now and it would be safer to rebuild than repair it.

I look at the Superdome as a cematary. Flith has surrounded that place. I think it is in the best interest to destroy and rebuild. An interesting fact about the Superdome is that it is believed to be plagued by misfortune. It was built on an ancient Voodoo burial ground. Something to ponder.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
"Go Fuck Yourself, Mr. Cheney"
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2005, 03:59:23 pm »
Can\'t let this thread die quite yet. Hear is an interview with Vice President Dick Cheney from CNN. Watch this video or listen to the audio. A couple of points that need to get across.

1) Dick Cheney stayed on vacation in Wyoming while this disaster escalated.
2) He makes a joke of someone, who is very disturbed and pissed off, that tells him to "Go Fuck Yourself, Mr. Cheney"
3) Halliburton (Cheney\'s company) gets to lead clean up in New Orleans. All without a bid. Most times a company has to bid for a government job, stand procedures. Like in Iraq, this is a multimillion dollar job.

What more do the powers that be have to do to the American people before we wake up and realize we are being fucked? Something isn\'t right in Washington, unlike all the previous Presidents who had the heart to cover up ther scandels, these fuckers do us in the ass and kiss us goodbye. Maybe, the country will wake up and take back what is ours. Either that or we sit hear and let this place become Russia in the 1800s.

http://toolz.blogs.com/

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/08.html

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2005, 04:23:18 pm »
did you see the CNN story bout those 3 kids from Duke that faked press credentials and drove down to NO to check the disaster zone out w/ their own eyes?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2005, 04:35:32 pm »
Bush and Cheney are the coolest. Man you gotta respect folks who can make jokes at times like these, and carry on their personal business like nothing is happening. They are just sooooo coool.....
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2005, 04:41:19 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
did you see the CNN story bout those 3 kids from Duke that faked press credentials and drove down to NO to check the disaster zone out w/ their own eyes?

That I did not. But, every American should be allowed to see the devastation with their own eyes.