Author Topic: A very frustrated FAN vents  (Read 8695 times)

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
A very frustrated FAN vents
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 12:22:08 am »
holy cow. i\'ll keep my thoughts short, and will probably get flamed, but whatever, i could care less. a disclaimer: a) i am not as musically \'intelligent\' as most, if not, all of you; in reality I am couch potato first, music fan/person/listener/whateverotherwordistherightone second.
anyways, i have to agree with mr. pecoraro about the \'turning point\', but not completely. the jordan scenario was more or less the steep decline of such point (think line graph), in my opinion. as assanine, stupid, silly, or moronic as it may sound, i think the name change started the slow process. i do however still think it was the correct decision from the \'why it was done\' aspect. but since PB became tB I have seen a) less attendance b) less enthusiasm (not from the band or fans, more or less from people who won\'t even give them a shot, whereas in the past wasn\'t too much of an issue) c) less press. I cannot confirm any of this, just basing it on what my eyes have seen, heard and/or read. Psychedelic Breakfast was a great draw in new england, The Breakfast not so much (yet, hopefully).

Not as short as I though it would be, and not well thought out/explained, but i\'m friggin overtired and am goin to bed. maybe tomorrow i will voice my opinion on the jamband-progrock-trio-fourpiece-etc debate, but probably not (see disclaimer)
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 02:00:01 am »
Quote from: Klout
PRETENDING IT IS STILL SER DOES NOT HELP MATTERS!

There\'s no pretending about it.  They are still ser, I have heard some great fuckin jams and tunes in general as a 3 piece.

I think partly what it is to me, I\'m ready to walk away from this board (and have at times), because of all the shit talking(amongst other reasons), I luckily have friends who keep me abreast on Breakfast news and events.  

What about the new people who come on here heard the band as a three piece and shockingly enough liked them only to come on here and here nothing but shit talking, I doubt they\'ll want to return.  Yes there are over 1000 members on here but how many actually post 100? maybe?  It\'s too bad, this site is a great source for info on the band, very often better than .net, at the very least quicker.  It\'s seems too bad to me that the shit talking on here will keep people away.  Don\'t get me wrong I am by no means saying .info is the be all and end all of the band but it is a good resource that can be put to very good use.  I\'d hate to see that go to waste simply because there are some people out there who don\'t even really like the band anymore but have nothing better to do but get on the internet and talk shit about a band they used to like.  If you don\'t like them anymore fine.  But I say don\'t spoil things for those who still have potential to be fans.

as others have said before: just my opinion
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 02:30:13 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 08:25:33 am »
as we said in another thread, prog can be very broad in its definition. I\'m not saying even half the songs they play would be considered \'prog\' but in the sence of a trio, musicians pulling double duty playing guitar and keys at the same time and monster orchestrations such as spunk, ep3 and gsot, I think of them as prog. They are in no way the best prog band, but they have there moments. :idunno:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 09:57:21 am »
i love you greg ellis !!
*Gia*

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2007, 10:13:16 am »
Quote from: ellis-d;139267
How can those of you who never come to shows and just sit on your high horses downloading shows have the audacity to think you have something worthwhile to contribute to our methods??  Until you\'ve been there, whether on stage or just around you\'d be doing everybody a huge favor in keeping your thoughts to yourself, cause even though this is an open forum, it\'s purpose is to support the band and attempt to spread the GOOD word, not tear them down for every little thing they do or don\'t do.  For those of you who have a problem with my opinion, come to a show and kiss my ass.  As long as you pay 10 bucks you can say whatever the hell you want.

:that:  I get so pissed when I go to shows that are only a few hours away, & there are just a small number of .infoers in the crowd.  One way to help this band is to actually go to a show or help promote it instead of sitting on your butt & whining/complaining about things.  

The band is what it is, and I support them completely.  It\'s their music & their choice what they want to do, nobody elses.  I\'d love to see some of you "complainers" try to have a life while being on the road & making only pennies each gig.  The band plays because they love to play - we\'re all obviously fans because we believe in what they do & the music speaks to us in different ways.  

If you don\'t like it, don\'t go -- but also, save your opinions & find a band that you DO like.  This board really needs to stay positive & be a place for great ideas & support, not depressing cries for what "used to be."
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 11:22:15 am »
i love greg ellis, and holly loves to make me feel like grime
*Gia*

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 12:38:23 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;139493
holly loves to make me feel like grime
:confused:
i haven\'t even posted in this thread, but i guess i might as well...

i agree with anyone who has already mentioned the group of people who walk around with blinders on regarding this band.  there are people who will go to any show and leave saying it was the "best thing they\'ve ever seen!" or this and that was sick. i have been fortunate enough to see some stellar shows since jordan left the band, but for the most part have really been let down. i got into this band because of the music played on psychedelic breakfast and deuce. i am constantly hearing from peple on this board that they are "finding a new sound" or basically "shut the fuck up and roll with it," but i really don\'t know what direction they are going in and it is something that truly saddens me. i will say that in the months following jordan\'s departure, i have lost a lot of my old enthusiasm for this band. there is a significant void in the music for me. there will always be something missing without keys in my opinion, perhaps that is not the perspective of others. i still go to plenty of shows and consider many people within this crowd to be great friends, but i would by lying if i claimed i was completely loving the new stuff/style...

that being said, i don\'t think that a band deserves some kind of ultimate recognition and blind cooperation from its fans simply because it has "paid dues". there is still work to be done and there is only so much fans can do.

on another note, i will always see .info as a public message board (isn\'t that what it is?). i know that i have been attacked on here before for my opinion whether it has been on anything from how much i dislike the city of boston to how i don\'t like the song surreal radio. i think that people should be encouraged to say what is on their minds and not receive shit so much shit for it--even if it is not what people want to hear. there has been much negativity lately and hopefully that will die down, but at least some of this negativity can be used as some influence/constructive criticism.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 02:18:39 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;139495
there has been much negativity lately and hopefully that will die down, but at least some of this negativity can be used as some influence/constructive criticism.

the band doesn\'t look at let alone be influenced by anything that happens on this board
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 02:20:56 pm »
Quote from: Me!;139511
the band doesn\'t look at let alone be influenced by anything that happens on this board

wouldn\'t be so sure about it.

just tone down the negativity and keep it positive and constructive.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 02:22:30 pm »
LOUD NOISES!!!
Postcount +1.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2007, 02:27:11 pm »
perhaps, someone should start a new thread that we can all go into.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2007, 02:29:37 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;139513
wouldn\'t be so sure about it.

just tone down the negativity and keep it positive and constructive.

yeah cause I\'m Mr. Negativity  ;)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2007, 02:31:49 pm »
Quote from: Me!;139511

while that probably should be true, it\'s not.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2007, 03:13:35 pm »
Quote from: Me!;139519
yeah cause I\'m Mr. Negativity  ;)

this is exactly what I am talking about, this is negative, Me!, just accept it and move on.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 04:19:57 pm »
I liked the sound before and i like it now to. before they where a twirly jam band that kind of bounced around and now they are step back and kick your teeth in rock band that can seriously play music. i originally started listened to (old school) Metallic (pre Metallic Metallic) then moved on to Punk and HardCore before i found the Grateful Dead and my whole perception of music was drastically altered. I, like maybe many other people have no clue about music as far as technical shit. it amazes me that these guys can do some of the shit they do. you know, it\'s a shame if some people do not like the style of music they are playing now, so now it\'s time to either give it another shot or move on. I think the winter months always takes a huge tole on going to shows, especially on the northeast, and the overall feeling surrounding shows is..... like someone said just not the same. the name of the game is new fans.... see where the summer brings us and don\'t slow down to halt like every other winter..... take some time off and complete another album and do a couple of shows a month during those slower colder months.

Get music in peoples hands and just like everything else... they will either like it or say it\'s not for them... the fan base should always be growing because there are millions of kids out there looking for a band or a scene that captures them. Maybe the fan base will mold into something different with new blood and new ideas. sure it\'s tough but just like any other of life\'s curve balls.... make the best of it. if you don\'t like it off yourself or move on, other people have and other people will but everyone one else remember there are more people out there that will take there place but we need to help find them.

i wrote a bunch of stuff but not sure if i really want to voice my opinion... no more bad karma
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-