Author Topic: Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s  (Read 8997 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 11:15:41 pm »
I wish i had any new haven pie right about now. pizza chef eat a D
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

peaches626

Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 12:42:14 am »
i ate at sally\'s one time.  while the pie was bang bang, i felt that for all the trouble and time it took to get in there and actually get your pie, it\'s way nicer to go to bar and get the mashpot/bacon white pie.  that\'s the best shiz i\'ve ever eaten in my life.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 05:39:55 am »
sallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysallysally
:drool:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 07:43:45 am »
Sally\'s back in the day was the serest of the ser. Haven\'t had Sally in years since I was a kid.

Sally\'s, Pepe\'s, Bar and Modern are all worth eating.

Give me Za or give me death!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 08:31:47 am »
When in different locations, I\'ll say the following:

CT: John & Maria\'s
NJ: Ralph\'s (Nutley)
NY: John\'s Pizza or Una Pizza Napolitano
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

davepeck

• Administrator
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 10:15:38 am »
sally\'s is the greatest. yes, it is an ordeal, but as soon as that first slice of plain hits your tounge, it\'s all completely worth it.

i\'ll throw bar right up there with anything.

i don\'t have enough pepe\'s experience to be too judgmental of them. it\'s always been a case of "why would i walk all the way down to the end of the street when sally\'s is right here?".

however, in what is a fantastic move on his part, my cousin is dating the daughter of the owners of modern. absolutely fantastic hook-up at any time, like this past saturday, walking past a line of people into a packed modern, right to our seats, giving the order directly to the kitchen, and getting our (free) pizza in no time! i think i\'ll be hitting up modern more often now. :)

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 10:29:21 am »
Quote from: thatguy;219514
sali\'s brah..but pepe\'s has better service.

bettter service?? I recall a time when you, brendan and I went there armed with a melodica and they got all pissed at us for playing *music* at the table while they let some whiney-ass kid scream his head off. just sayin...

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 10:38:41 am »
Quote from: JSleeper240;219563
Quote from: thatguy;219514
sali\'s brah..but pepe\'s has better service.

bettter service?? I recall a time when you, brendan and I went there armed with a melodica and they got all pissed at us for playing *music* at the table while they let some whiney-ass kid scream his head off. just sayin...

Spoken like a person who doesn\'t have kids or hasn\'t ever been around kids... I\'m sure that you were a whiney-ass kidd not so long ago...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 11:30:00 am »
the dude at sally\'s was so pissed when i asked for a drink. he didn\'t even look at me, just growled. then i asked for some "shakey cheese". i should\'nt have to feel scared to ask for either of these essentials. Fitz was like "don\'t do it!!!" hahaha that was funny. the service at sally\'s is quite poor. i\'ve never been to pepe\'s. i personally would go to BAR over either any day. great beer, and as long as you can hear the guy holler the service is straight

Quote from: Gfunk;219527
I wish i had any new haven pie right about now. pizza chef eat a D

:vomit2:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:30:00 am by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 03:03:40 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;219515
Quote from: ds673488;219513
pepe\'s all the way

are you fucking ser ?!  you must not have ever been to sally\'s.  pepe\'s tastes like New hampsh pie compared to sally\'s, brah

Apparently there is a place in Manch that\'s trying to make legit pizza. I\'ve never been there, and it probably sucks compared to New Haven pie, but I guess I thought it was worth mentioning.

http://www.900degrees.com/
Masturbation in the MFA

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 03:48:45 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;219557
however, in what is a fantastic move on his part, my cousin is dating the daughter of the owners of modern. absolutely fantastic hook-up at any time, like this past saturday, walking past a line of people into a packed modern, right to our seats, giving the order directly to the kitchen, and getting our (free) pizza in no time! i think i\'ll be hitting up modern more often now. :)

except if you tried to walk by the coyote and i....one of two things could happen...
i could trip you...or when you guys went to sit we would all of sudden be at your table...

we go there alot...so watch out...
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

Spunk

• http://www.rezi.org
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 04:06:30 pm »
Sals Pizza, Oneonta Ny,  If You Disagree You Can Eat My Scrotum

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 06:10:04 pm »
If I ate Sally\'s than shat on a plate it would taste beter than Pepe\'s because at least the stool will still have some Sally\'s flavor.

Mmmm Sally\'s excrement.
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 07:45:19 pm »
Since I unfortunatly live here I couldn\'t help myself....

Does anyone remember the Venice on Dixwell ave??  YUMMY! So long ago...it was good pie! My family would always go there.  No idea why they went out of buisness? :pout:

I always get good service at Sallys:) I take Sallys pizza over Pepes pizza any day,but, I also  love Pepes.

I actually would really  like to eat pizza in Italy!:)
I am not a fan of New Haven...oh well:shrug: I am stuck for now
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Sally\'s vs. Pepe\'s
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 08:47:03 pm »
Quote from: bellbottomtear;219644
I actually would really  like to eat pizza in Italy!:)

If you go to Rome, definitely check out Pizzaria Gaudi.  Here\'s a link to a review:

http://www.igougo.com/dining-reviews-b142736-Rome-Pizzaria_Gaudi.html

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d793572-Reviews-GAUDI-Rome_Lazio.html

It\'s near the Villa Borghese.  We went there twice in the three days that we were in Rome.  If they have the Tiramasu on the menu do hesitate to get it.