Author Topic: Arrested Development (show not band) Thread  (Read 33419 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Arrested Development (show not band) Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2005, 08:37:24 am »
moving arrest development to Mondays. Interesting time spot. at least it is before MNF.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2005, 04:01:05 pm »
Well someone once said that Justice is Blind but not in this case.

Entirely deserved.

The only down side is that Fox now has to put Simple Life: Astronomers, on hold.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2005, 04:26:58 pm »
Simple Life is one show I can totally do without. Hate the Hilton, except for in 1 Night in Paris and her chubby little friend.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2005, 04:13:23 pm »
Watching my new Season 2 dvd\'s and noticed in epi 3 Amigos some cool writing that I missed b4.
 Buster says when he sees the big red hand chair along w/ wondering where his old chair went. " I never thought I would miss a hand so much" Foreshadowing the epi Hand To God
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2008, 07:42:04 am »

Exclusive! Jason Bateman Confirms Arrested Development Movie Talks
Categories: arrested development  
This just might be the best news we Arrested fans have heard in a very long time.

Jason Bateman has just confirmed to me that the creative minds behind Arrested Development (Mitch Hurwitz and Ron Howard) have put the wheels in motion toward a major motion picture of the Fox TV comedy so many of us adore. I\'m told by insiders that Jason and other Bluth family members have received calls from producers (Hurwitz and Howard) asking if they would be willing to shoot a movie.

"I can confirm that a round of sniffing has started," Bateman says. "Any talk is targeting a poststrike situation, of course. I think, as always, that it\'s a question of whether the people with the money are willing to give our leader, Mitch Hurwitz, what he deserves for his participation. And I can speak for the cast when I say our fingers are crossed."

Jeffrey Tambor also revealed on XM Radio\'s the Ron and Fez Show that he has been approached by Ron Howard to see if he\'s willing to do an Arrested film. (You can hear that interview below.)

For the record, both Jason and Jeffrey\'s answers were: Hells yeah. And I hear from other sources that other castmembers were called and that everyone seems to be very much on board and excited by the prospect.

Insiders also tell me that while creator Mitch Hurwitz does not yet have a script, he has a good, solid understanding of what he\'d like to do for the movie, and Universal is very much interested.

And so it seems that a few good—wait, no, outrageously amazing—things just might come out of this unfortunate writers\' strike, as the creative minds in this town have had time to pause, regroup and think about their dream projects.

And an Arrested movie is a pretty great dream, is it not?

So, let\'s join our crossed fingers with the rest of the cast, shall we?

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=15a310d7-61f0-49b6-ba57-092e60c397cb
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2008, 10:36:02 am »
Yeah, I read this a few days go and just blue myself silly....
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2008, 03:37:30 pm »
Further confirmation that this is in the works from Alia Shawkat:

I got a call from Mitchell Hurwitz, the creator, and he said "so have you heard about this movie we\'re supposedly doing?" and I said yes. And he said he was in and it was great. And Jason [Bateman], when he was doing all the Juno press, he basically just talked up [Arrested Development] the movie. He got the publicity going before anything was real. So Mitch talked to Ron Howard, who said he would direct it, and he\'s down. So I think Mitch was like, "I guess I\'ll write it then," and that\'s what I think he\'s doing now. And yes, I\'m involved. I think everyone is.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2008, 01:17:07 pm »
:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: oooh why not... :thumbsup:
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #205 on: August 15, 2008, 10:28:36 am »
i just blue myself

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2008, 12:12:15 pm »
I just started watching this show on Hulu for the past couple weeks... it is addicting, and an amazing show. The movie will be great i\'m sure. Too bad they can\'t get another season going
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2009, 03:59:11 pm »
just blew through all three seasons.  amazing.  would love a movie.
Postcount +1.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2009, 04:21:38 pm »
i just listened to an interview with david cross. regarding the AD movie, he said they were further away than they were a few months ago. however, he also said that everybody was on board and wanted to make it.

:/