Author Topic: Pink Floyd Reunion  (Read 4484 times)

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
Pink Floyd Reunion
« on: June 02, 2005, 03:49:09 pm »
http://relix.com/cgi-bin/content_list.cgi?type=news&PHPSESSID=555ca68cec6cffc17b8b3870f6745622

Live 8 Preparations Underway 2005-05-31 14:22:29
After months of speculation, Live 8, the long awaited follow-up to 1985’s Live Aid, has confirmed its performance schedule. According to benefit mastermind Bob Geldof, Live 8 aims to raise awareness for poverty in developing countries and will be timed to coincide with Scotland’s G8 summit. Boasting free admission, Live 8 will unfold simultaneously in London, Philadelphia, Paris, Berlin and Rome, featuring a who’s who of music-icons. In a press conference held this morning, Geldof told the Associated Press, “We don\'t want people\'s money. We want them.” Geldof, a Scottish musician himself, will perform in England.
Highlights include U2, Paul McCartney, Coldplay, The Killers, Velvet Revolver and The Cure performing at London’s Hyde Park, Dave Matthews Band, P. Diddy, Stevie Wonder, Will Smith and Bon Jovi at Philadelphia Museum of Art, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and Duran Duran at Rome’s Circus Maximum and Jamiroquai, Placebo, Youssou N\'Dour and Andrea Bocelli at Berlin\'s Brandenburg Gate.The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd have also signed onto Live 8. At press time the group’s performance location had not been announced. 1985’s Live Aid raised money for Ethiopian famine relief and helped turn the “music benefit” into a popular trend.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Pink Floyd at Live 8 [MERGED]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 03:52:49 pm »
Holy Shit!!!!
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 03:54:13 pm »
I heard that all this was were rumors. That the band did not intend to play together again. I\'m glad that it was wrong. Pink Floyd returns!!!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 03:58:41 pm »
dont know if its true but I doubt we will see a Pink Floyld reunion
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 04:08:03 pm »
There have been rumors of a Pink Floyd reunion for years. It probably will never happen. But, if it does, you can image what it would be like...

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 04:11:38 pm »
i could only imagine how many people would show up to this show
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 05:11:04 pm »
Quote from: Rujah
dont know if its true but I doubt we will see a Pink Floyld reunion

It only says Pink Floyd correct? I mean it does say nothing of Roger rejoining so could this be a reunion? I look @ it as I have since he left. The rest of the band is decent but w/o Roger it\'s rather a pitiful shell of a band going by the name Pink Floyd.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 05:18:22 pm »
Quote from: leith

It only says Pink Floyd correct? I mean it does say nothing of Roger rejoining so could this be a reunion? I look @ it as I have since he left. The rest of the band is decent but w/o Roger it\'s rather a pitiful shell of a band going by the name Pink Floyd.

this is kind of what I was thinking... the way its worded sounds like the division bell band is getting back together, not that roger decided to make amends with the pig farmer. Either way its cool to see david interested in playing again, but it would be pretty sweet if roger was there too.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 08:50:25 pm »
I doubt that Roger is part of this. Without him this event does not interest me.

I am curious how they are going to distribute tix for this free event.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 08:55:17 pm »
I think that was what I was reading. That it is Pink Floyd w/o Roger. I believe that his manager states that "there was no way he would get back with them. These rumors have been like this for some time." I\'ll try to find the article and post it.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 09:33:53 am »
A look at the Live 8 concert lineups announced Tuesday by organizers:

LONDON:
Mariah Carey
Coldplay
Dido
Keane
Elton John
Annie Lennox
Paul McCartney
Muse
Razorlight
REM
Scissor Sisters
Snow Patrol
Stereophonics
Sting
Joss Stone
Robbie Williams
U2
Velvet Revolver
Bob Geldof
The Killers
Madonna
The Cure

BERLIN:
a-ha
Bap
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Lauryn Hill
Die Toten Hosen
Peter Maffay
Brian Wilson

PHILADELPHIA:
Will Smith (host)
Bon Jovi
Maroon 5
Dave Matthews Band
Sarah McLachlan
Rob Thomas
Keith Urban
Jay Z
Stevie Wonder
50 Cent
Kaiser Chiefs
P. Diddy

PARIS:
Andrea Bocelli
Craig David
Calo Gero
Jamiroquai
Kyo
Yannick Noah
Youssou N\'Dour
Placebo
Axelle Red
Johnny Halliday
Manu Chao
Renaud

ROME:
Irene Grandi
Faith Hill
Jovanotti
Tim McGraw
Nek
Laura Pausini
Duran Duran
Vasco Rossi
Zucchero

looks like it may be hitting canada as well:

Ottawa eyed for Live 8 gig
Concert would follow Canada Day bashes
By JESSICA HALLAM - Ottawa Sun

OTTAWA - This year\'s Canada Day celebrations on Parliament Hill could be followed by Live 8 on July 2.

Although unconfirmed, it was reported yesterday that Parliament Hill will be included in the group of venues that will host Live 8 concerts to bring awareness to worldwide poverty.

"Together we\'re looking at where\'s the best venue and, as more people jump on board ... figure out what the best combination of possibilities are," World Vision spokeswoman Sharon Marshall told the Sun last night.

"Today the number of incoming calls into the group organizing has increased and the enthusiasm is increasing," she said, adding World Vision, the charity group trying to organize the event, is in heavy negotiations with artists, venues, sponsors and the Live Aid organization.

She wouldn\'t confirm reports that Bryan Adams, the Barenaked Ladies, Jann Arden and Our Lady Peace would be included in the lineup."

The concerts are being held just days before leaders from the world\'s richest countries meet in England for a G8 conference.

London, Paris, Berlin, Philadelphia and Rome were already confirmed as venues earlier this week by Bob Geldof, who founded the hugely successful Live Aid concerts in 1985.

The Live 8 concerts will all have free admission and the artists will be donating their time. Corporate sponsors will cover other costs.

This year\'s concerts fall 20 years after Live Aid, which raised millions of dollars for famine-stricken Ethiopia.

Marshall said that the difference between Live Aid and Live 8 concerts is its purpose. The purpose of this year\'s events has evolved into a political statement, from that of a simple fundraiser.

"It\'s a coalition ... to cancel the debt to poor countries, to create fair-trade rules and to find ways to end child poverty," she said.

City Coun. Diane Deans would like to keep the Canada Day celebrations alive with the Live 8 gig.

"It just keeps that many more people in the capital for another day," said Deans.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 11:03:35 am »
so maybe I\'m missing something, but if they are not charging for tickets, how are they planning on breaking even, let alone making a profit? Free concerts= major security needs, not to mention the rest of the crews and paying the bands, etc.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
Stevie Wonder and 50 cent? lol
Masturbation in the MFA

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 02:26:13 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
so maybe I\'m missing something, but if they are not charging for tickets, how are they planning on breaking even, let alone making a profit? Free concerts= major security needs, not to mention the rest of the crews and paying the bands, etc.
I believe the sole purpose of this is to raise awareness, not money.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

HarryHooood

• Above The Waves Joe
Pink Floyd at Live 8
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 12:52:58 pm »
I\'ve been hearing rumors for weeks now, but didn\'t believe them.  Turns out they\'re true. Mason, Wright, and Gilmour are getting back together to play Bob Geldof\'s Live 8 in London... WITH Roger Waters.  First time since \'81.

Confirmation