Author Topic: The Breakfast\'s Thanksgiving ChrisPitchFest Double CD Project Giveaway  (Read 5629 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The Breakfast\'s Thanksgiving ChrisPitchFest Double CD Project Giveaway
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 04:21:05 pm »
Did any of the previous releases sell 1,000 copies let alone 500?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 04:40:51 pm »
Quote from: leith;247764
ahhh no need to get uppity.
I just don\'t get how you\'re going to give away 500 and try to sell 500?
But have at it. It\'s good to see someone has the initiative for whatever good it will do.

oh and isn\'t this what Live As Is is supposed to be for? A well produced new product showcasing the band?

uppity as in what exactly? so this is what it has come to, doing good things = uppity? see my post above, I guess.. or better yet contribute to the effort. Nobody has to contribute and nobody\'s keeping tabs on anyone else here, so it\'s really alright either way.

you might see this as cute, Leith, but we are actually doing it. You will want one, and you can have one for free, so need not worry about it.

Quote from: Yoda;247767
Did any of the previous releases sell 1,000 copies let alone 500?

good question. Since we are producing these at zero cost to the band, they could sell them for $5.00 for all I care. Or give them away for free. I really don\'t care, they\'ll get half of them to do with what they choose.

I can\'t imagine it\'s that hard to give away well produced CDs full of amazing music.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 05:09:24 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;247770
Quote from: leith;247764
ahhh no need to get uppity.
I just don\'t get how you\'re going to give away 500 and try to sell 500?
But have at it. It\'s good to see someone has the initiative for whatever good it will do.

oh and isn\'t this what Live As Is is supposed to be for? A well produced new product showcasing the band?

uppity as in what exactly? so this is what it has come to, doing good things = uppity? see my post above, I guess.. or better yet contribute to the effort. Nobody has to contribute and nobody\'s keeping tabs on anyone else here, so it\'s really alright either way.

you might see this as cute, Leith, but we are actually doing it. You will want one, and you can have one for free, so need not worry about it.

telling me to eat a d was getting uppity. Just because I find this cute doesn\'t mean I should eat a d.

Hmm contribute to something that is already free, I have already given 4 copies out of and posted a link to the free recording in 4 places?
Nah but go ahead and produce these 1000 copies that will be released in the new year most likely and will probably have been superseded by an even better show which people will probably listen to more because it\'s a better show and free.

These efforts could be put to better use as merch table recordings have not and most likely will not ever make a big mark for this band.
If the band is going to make any money off their shows they really need to get their management on it and get recent recordings on Livedownloads or something similar.

Since they don\'t play as often as other bands I would think the shows would sell rather well and with the recent increase in taping equipment quality in the A/V club I think this is more feasible than ever b4.

again just my opinion man
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 05:38:27 pm »
if you take "eat a d" as any kind of insult you should probably go eat another one

my opinion is that this thread is essentially open for those willing to contribute to the effort. If you think there\'s better ways to direct our energy, lead another effort.

I never claimed this was going to raise $1,000,000 for the band or solve the world\'s problems. But we are going to produce a really cool collector\'s item that also will happen to be a great live CD and it will also happen to raise money for and awareness of the band. I\'m sure the band has their own plans for future albums... this has nothing to do with that.

this is what I and those who want to help are doing. any negativity directed at this effort is really uncalled for.

moving forward, please.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 11:54:19 am »
I like it.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 11:11:00 pm »
I buy from supermediastore.com
I just paste up some logos to fit on dvd labels and put copy
on my laser printer copier glass and run label sheets through.
I feed my camera onto dvd to a consumer dvd recorder.
Then make copies on a high speed dvd dubber.

You may want to check with the band how many copies they
want out of this show. Also if it should be free or charge a few bucks.
1,000 copies seems a bit much for one show.
Great Idea! Maybe start off a little slower and see how things go.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:14:25 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

GLuft3

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 11:19:29 pm »
I\'ve been listening to this over the past couple days.  That Eschers II jam is absolutely transcendent!
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 06:55:44 pm »
Sweet little thread going over there. I love that the Breakfast is getting some love. People are checking some shows on archive and digging it. We can do this!

I want a mixer and some other sick gear and be the charlie miller of the Breakfast!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

GLuft3

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 06:56:45 pm »
Quote from: frolfer;248082
be the charlie miller of the Breakfast!

Very cool!  Charlie is the best.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 10:23:31 pm »
Quote from: siflandollie;248072
http://www.jambase.com/Forums/Thread.aspx?group=0&topic=1&thread=27433&pg=1

hah! It\'s destiny baby!

I knew it..... The Breakfast\'s time has finally come.

So... I\'m away on a business trip at the moment. How\'s things coming? I guess post-production is the first thing we need, .... I will design some totally baller album art when I get back home.

I hope you guys contribute to that jambase thread to keep momentum going for Breakfast, that dude J-Man is awesome, let\'s not let his energy fizzle out!

I\'ll be back in a couple days and I will be gettin ON THIS.

peace!

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2009, 10:33:30 pm »
Yeah that thread was a good idea....how can someone listen to Ultraviolet Hippo and then the Breakfast and possibly think UVH is better? Makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. I saw them play in Southern Illinois, and they did a cool Star Wars theme > Trance, but thats about the only good thing I\'ve heard come from them. Everyone on .info needs to post on that Jambase thread and help continue what\'s been started. That Dizzyk guy seems to really like them...

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 11:40:27 pm »
I\'m having trouble trying to log into jambase.... rage it guys. Kid\'s serious!

GLuft3

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 11:43:43 pm »
I thought J-Man was you, tuna!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 12:47:02 am »
yeah man, had myself confused there for a second!`

(really it\'s some other dude)