Author Topic: Random of Montreal bashing: All the cool kids are doing it! Hurry before it\'s uncool!  (Read 6951 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
This thread really queered up.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
I thought that was the original point? :duck:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

SkyePrizm

• separator
Quote from: Spacey;228022
This thread really queered up.

tyzack

• http://
they are even from montreal...
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The name of the band is because the guy got dumped by some smart chick who was from Montreal.
Really affected him by the looks of it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
they\'re from athens, ga

Quote from: leith;228058
The name of the band is because the guy got dumped by some smart chick who was from Montreal.

forced him to create a trans-gender alter ego, georgie fruit. i almost wish i was making that up
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
^^
hahaha

Hurry before it\'s uncool!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

SkyePrizm

• separator
Quote from: zuke583;228061
they\'re from athens, ga

forced him to create a trans-gender alter ego, georgie fruit. i almost wish i was making that up

Wow.  That\'s one bad break-up.   I really hope i\'ve never caused an ex to go trans-gender...............

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
id consider fighting wildcoyote at the next show if the band agreed to play no glove no love and space oddity...the fight would occur during no glove, and, asuming I was still alive, id hear those first epic chords of space oddity as im being carrried out on a stretcher
DS Newbers

peaches626

Quote from: ds673488;228082
id consider fighting wildcoyote at the next show if the band agreed to play no glove no love and space oddity...the fight would occur during no glove, and, asuming I was still alive, id hear those first epic chords of space oddity as im being carrried out on a stretcher

I\'m pretty sure I would pay twice the cost of admission to see this.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
they\'re from athens, ga

I don\'t think those two things are related.  This band has been around since the mid 90\'s and the band name was decided then.  He was not Georgie Fruit at the time.  Georgie Fruit was actually realized during the album before skeletal lamping, Hissing Fauna are you the destroyer?.  That like 11 minute tripped out angry synthesizer song about 2/3 of the way through the album is actually supposed to represent Kevin Barnes transformation into the alter-ego Georgie Fruit.

And Georgie Fruit is really just Prince if you ask me.  It\'s a way for him to be sexually ambiguous, like Prince.  Supposedly Georgie Fruit is an ex-front man of a funk band from the seventies who had transgender surgery to turn him into a woman, then back into a man, back into a woman, then back into a man again.

I\'m a big fan of this band, too bad I was sick as hell on Sunday or I would have tried to check them out live.  I don\'t really care about the artsy stuff, I just think that Barnes can write some great songs.  Satanic Panic in the Attic is a great pop album and the way he\'s able to layer his own vocals is really incredible.  If you are to check out one album by this group that would definitely be the one i recommend.

At least Kevin Barnes isn\'t Scott Weiland, a wife beating heroine addict.  There are worse things to be than strange.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:26:16 pm by Dyed_Tie »
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Quote from: Dyed_Tie;228101
they\'re from athens, ga

I don\'t think those two things are related.  This band has been around since the mid 90\'s and the band name was decided then.  He was not Georgie Fruit at the time.  Georgie Fruit was actually realized during the album before skeletal lamping, Hissing Fauna are you the destroyer?.  That like 11 minute tripped out angry synthesizer song about 2/3 of the way through the album is actually supposed to represent Kevin Barnes transformation into the alter-ego Georgie Fruit.

And Georgie Fruit is really just Prince if you ask me.  It\'s a way for him to be sexually ambiguous, like Prince.  Supposedly Georgie Fruit is an ex-front man of a funk band from the seventies who had transgender surgery to turn him into a woman, then back into a man, back into a woman, then back into a man again.

I\'m a big fan of this band, too bad I was sick as hell on Sunday or I would have tried to check them out live.  I don\'t really care about the artsy stuff, I just think that Barnes can write some great songs.  Satanic Panic in the Attic is a great pop album and the way he\'s able to layer his own vocals is really incredible.  If you are to check out one album by this group that would definitely be the one i recommend.

At least Kevin Barnes isn\'t Scott Weiland, a wife beating heroine addict.  There are worse things to be than strange.

I hope no one asks you because you\'re wrong.
Prince has never been sexually ambiguous. He has been pretty clear from the start of his career he is all about the hoo haa.

This dude in Of Montreal is clearly all about the cock now.

Which has nothing to do with his music I\'m sure. :rolleyes:

How you can compare a Musical genius to this whiny popstar in ANY way is unfathomable to me.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
let\'s just say, this thread is not the destroyer.

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
Quote from: leith;228107
Quote from: Dyed_Tie;228101
they\'re from athens, ga

I hope no one asks you because you\'re wrong.
Prince has never been sexually ambiguous. He has been pretty clear from the start of his career he is all about the hoo haa.

This dude in Of Montreal is clearly all about the cock now.

Which has nothing to do with his music I\'m sure. :rolleyes:

How you can compare a Musical genius to this whiny popstar in ANY way is unfathomable to me.

You\'ve got me there, yes Prince is about the hoo haa.  I guess what I meant by sexually ambiguous is the was way he dresses, etc.  Not really the way he lives his life behind closed doors.  Frankly that\'s not much of my business.  

And I do know for a fact that Kevin Barnes like idolizes Prince.  He has said this in interviews.  The past 4 or so Of Montreal albums, (by the way all of them are pretty much entirely written and arranged and played by Kevin Barnes), have been vehicles for him to live out his Prince obsession.  So I guess that\'s where I make my comparison.  

Really it\'s like 80\'s revival shit.  The guys looked like girls, the girls were wearing shoulder pads, down was up, up was down, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

Now have some pancakes bitches.

http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" />http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/cf33f1b763" title="from Nas">Dave Chapelle: Prince plays basketball - watch more http://www.funnyordie.com/" title="on Funny or Die">funny videos
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:45:18 am by Dyed_Tie »
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

SkyePrizm

• separator
^^ Oh man, i forgot how much i used to love the Chappelle show back in the day.