Author Topic: Breakfast Digest rolls out first issue...  (Read 74961 times)

kyndkate

• Vicious.
Breakfast Digest rolls out first issue...
« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2006, 11:32:40 pm »
I\'d like to see the new one considering I haven\'t had time to come around these parts much. I need my Bfast updates! :)
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2006, 04:38:44 am »
it\'ll be up. it\'s huge, and i\'ve had trouble shrinking it. not sure what the deal is.. i may just put up the huge version..

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2006, 08:05:53 am »
Quote from: davepeck
it\'s huge

Hell yeah it\'s huge!  It\'s the biggest one yet!

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2006, 08:16:53 am »
it\'ll be up. it\'s huge, and i\'ve had trouble shrinking it. not sure what the deal is.. i may just put up the huge version..

what program is the original layed out in? my distiller on this computer does a hell of a job a reducing file sizes.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2006, 01:57:06 pm »
new issue now online, finally. sorry for the delay. i wasn\'t able to shrink it, so it\'s about 3x the size of the rest of them. just a warning for those of you who are gonna throw it on a handy floppy disk - you won\'t have room for anything else on there.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2006, 02:29:53 pm »
thanks dave. i just read it.  good work everyone work contributed articles, looks nice.  I thoroughly enjoyed the the crossword puzzle and I am almost done.  Still wondering where my stories were and why they would used? But oh well.....
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Wolfman

« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2006, 04:29:05 pm »
Quote from: Rujah
Still wondering where my stories were and why they would used? But oh well.....

Don\'t worry bro.  This edition was already completely laid out when your piece came in.

Now then....Enjoy BREAKFAST DIGEST EPISODE FOUR everyone!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2006, 04:33:45 pm »
no prob wolfy, i was just wondering. good work. so when can we expect episode 5?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:35:13 am by Rujah »
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2006, 11:02:56 am »
excellent work on this edition of the digest. great articles and the crossword puzzle is keeping me occupied at work right now. :)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2006, 12:18:15 pm »
will there be an Episode 1000 at the Toad\'s show??

Wolfman

« Reply #250 on: May 15, 2006, 01:02:33 pm »
will there be an Episode 1000 at the Toad\'s show??

Done and done.  The 1000th show will be a landmark moment in Breakfast history, and Breakfast Digest will rise to the occasion!

Everyone, now is your chance to post any ideas and things you would like to see in the 1000th Show Extravaganza issue.  Post right here with any stories, concepts, or anything else you\'d like to see.  Of course submissions are great too!  Send anything you\'ve written or pictures to breakfastdigest@hotmail.com

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #251 on: May 15, 2006, 01:08:56 pm »
might have to try and submit something for this legendary event, what is the deadline for this wolfy?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Whathefunk

« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2006, 01:26:55 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
Everyone, now is your chance to post any ideas and things you would like to see in the 1000th Show Extravaganza issue.  Post right here with any stories, concepts, or anything else you\'d like to see.  Of course submissions are great too!  Send anything you\'ve written or pictures to breakfastdigest@hotmail.com

well, i already tried to submit this once, but it was shot down for two reasons....

a) i didn\'t change enuff from the original graphic (which is now changed as you will see) "reach for greatness" has been changed to "etch for escher\'s"

b) just to call you out seth, the graphic would not be printed b/c of the trademark of Bass Ale, due to wolfy\'s affiliation with a (imo, great and tastey lager) from Boston, won\'t name any names.....

though i know that wolfman excercises executive authority on this paper, because he created, maintains, and puts mostly all of the work into it, I feel that my art should be displayed regardless of which beer company i chose to base my satire off of, b/c after all this is "for the fans, by the fans" and i consider myself fan, and a SER one at that...and i put some time and effort into creating this peice of art displaying my affection for this band.  Hopefully, others on this board will back me in my fight to get this pic printed in at least one of the digests, as not only is there a lack of submissions, from what i understand, but a lack of fan art.   So please post in this thread if you would also like to see this beauty of a graphic printed in the 1000th epy of the Digest!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 01:30:01 pm by Whathefunk »

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2006, 01:30:24 pm »
I would like to see it on a  t-shirt but with the old tag line "strive for greatness" or something like that......
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Whathefunk

« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2006, 01:35:29 pm »
Quote from: Me!
I would like to see it on a  t-shirt but with the old tag line "strive for greatness" or something like that......

not feelin\' the "etch for escher\'s"?  it was the only thing i could think of using the letters from "reach for greatness" but i\'m not sure if i love it either....it doesn\'t really make much sense, but has more to do with the band imo.