Author Topic: The CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM SEASON 6 Thread  (Read 8154 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM SEASON 6 Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2007, 06:04:41 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;166687
Maybe this is a reach, but does anyone think it\'s possible that the subject matter of this week\'s episode regarding that certain word might be somewhat related to the fiasco caused last year by Larry\'s old buddy, Michael Richards. Just a thought.

Hmmmm.. never thought of it. Very possible. I guess he would be making the statement that he does not support Richards then.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2007, 02:11:28 am »
Finally getting caught up with the season. Had to go back and watch the episode where Cheryl decides to leave.

Its very possible that the "N-word" episode had something to do with the whole Kramer incident.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2007, 12:23:29 am »
this weeks was aiite i thought.

the mo\' fukt up you get tho mo of a hero you gone be!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2007, 04:07:25 am »
i really miss cable right now
caress me, aunt jemima

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2007, 10:36:32 am »
i really really liked this week\'s episode.  it was very clever more than hysterically funny.  very well written.  

Favorite line:  He yells at the cat cause she didn\'t vote.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2007, 10:50:07 pm »
Wow. I don\'t know what to say. A shocking ending. Definitely hilarious, but does it continue from here? Really I\'m still laughing but in a weird way. I wonder if any of this had anything to do with the way his actual marriage fizzled out..??  I\'m not saying specifically, but just the idea of "Yooou doon\'t knoooow meeee...." being sung as the finale, I feel like he\'s making a statement for his real life to his (ex yet?) wife.

I don\'t know, but that was not what I was expecting and I\'m beginning to like it more and more as I think about it.

and i never commented on last week\'s episode which was FANTASTIC.. easily the best of the season imo.

this whole season was saved by a couple quality episodes and a totally off the wall finale.. the rest was pretty weak but there was enough to keep me excited for another season (i hope). larry with the blacks could show a true re-birth of curb and open up a brand new bag.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 10:50:07 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2007, 12:06:01 am »
never seen Larry get so mad as he did with his receptionist!!.. . think this last episode and the season was entertaining and would say he did a real good job with stories and keeping it fresh. I think he\'ll do some more. Most \'LD\'s\' stuff is obviously based on blowin out real life situations, though he filed for divorce in real life, theres probably some relief in him making a comedy about a misfortune. i mean i\'m sure his wife in real  life has been asked \'how she stays married to him?\' by her friends..
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2007, 10:28:23 am »
jesus, i always forget curb is on. i was watching Arrested Development last night instead..

and it\'s not ondemand yet.. bah.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2007, 10:48:44 am »
great episode.
great season.
great series.
one complaint...
WHERES WAS WANDA SYKES THIS YEAR?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2007, 11:54:22 am »
I think there was actually a Ben Laden in my Jew school growing up. Great episode. If it\'s the last ever I\'m sure gonna miss it, but I basically have all 60 episodes memorized, and lemme tell ya, it\'s the greatest TV show ever IMO, and what they\'ve done is absolutely amazing. They\'ve probably added 10 years to my life from all the laughing and smiling I\'ve gotten out of it. LD IS DA MAN! And BTW, I wanna see Leon in some movies or something, that guy is a character! "So the gerbil got in the elevator, hit up, and it went up your ass?" That shit is insane!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2007, 06:02:43 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;168518
great episode.
great season.
great series.
one complaint...
WHERES WAS WANDA SYKES THIS YEAR?

Busy being an Apple.

Quote from: FieryBill;168528
I think there was actually a Ben Laden in my Jew school growing up. Great episode. If it\'s the last ever I\'m sure gonna miss it, but I basically have all 60 episodes memorized, and lemme tell ya, it\'s the greatest TV show ever IMO, and what they\'ve done is absolutely amazing. They\'ve probably added 10 years to my life from all the laughing and smiling I\'ve gotten out of it. LD IS DA MAN! And BTW, I wanna see Leon in some movies or something, that guy is a character! "So the gerbil got in the elevator, hit up, and it went up your ass?" That shit is insane!

Leon was Trucky in Pootie Tang. I also love the fact that his name is ebonically smooth... J.B. Smoove. He also wrote for Saturday Night Live.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 06:02:43 pm by Gordo »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2007, 06:03:10 pm »
loved it.

loved larry telling his receptionist to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

loved mopey dick.

loved larry\'s bit about going down with the ship.

loved vivica (holy shit she looked good).

:thumbsup:

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2007, 06:03:56 pm »
Ha! The Ben Laden bit was great. Larry and Richard\'s relationship is still the most entertaining on the show.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2007, 09:21:02 pm »
The whole season i kept saying he treated Loretta as a second wife.....(i.e. bringing her and cheryl the flowers).   So it was kind of built up to that, i suppose.  Vivica was looooking fine.  They finally took her out of those baggy t-shirts...  

I loved in the montage how Loretta told Susie off.  

The expression on Leon\'s face when they take the holiday photo is hysterical....

i really enjoy Leon....

all in all, different season....very creative.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2007, 09:28:05 pm »
Nice season finale. Very entertaining and leaves many questions that need answers.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.