Author Topic: The CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM SEASON 6 Thread  (Read 8116 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM SEASON 6 Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2007, 10:10:12 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;168679
Nice season finale. Very entertaining and leaves many questions that need answers.

perhaps, but there is also a sense of closure, like Larry has always been living a false life and now finally found his hidden path to greatness, being an external inversion of Sammy Davis Jr. Ha! and it really does make sense.

SkyePrizm, i came on to make a comment about Loretta backing Susie out... Great Moment!

people always asked cheryl why she stayed with larry, and i think the same should have always been said on larry\'s behalf... welllllll, in a certain sense.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2007, 10:16:56 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;168690
Quote from: Spacey;168679
Nice season finale. Very entertaining and leaves many questions that need answers.

perhaps, but there is also a sense of closure, like Larry has always been living a false life and now finally found his hidden path to greatness, being an external inversion of Sammy Davis Jr. Ha! and it really does make sense.

SkyePrizm, i came on to make a comment about Loretta backing Susie out... Great Moment!

people always asked cheryl why she stayed with larry, and i think the same should have always been said on larry\'s behalf... welllllll, in a certain sense.

Yeah, that had to be my favorite part.  About time somebody did that to Susie!

I think Cheryl\'s character was a bit whiny at times, maybe just me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:19:10 pm by SkyePrizm »

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2007, 10:23:17 pm »
I loved pretty much every second of that episode.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2007, 12:36:10 am »
It tends to follow Larry Davids real life. Just recently his wife filed for divorce. Makes sense.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2007, 09:17:29 am »
Kevin Connolly was on Howard Stern on 11/5/07. He mentioned that "Larry David just signed on for two more years of Curb Your Enthusiasm".

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2007, 09:27:32 am »
yea,usually if its the last one ever theyll say...and now the series finale of.....
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2007, 10:37:55 am »
finally got to watch this last night. this past season has been amazing. i am really looking forward to seeing more-especially with sopranos being over/entourage sucked and i don\'t even know if it\'s coming back or not.

vivica fox is fucking hot!! i am so glad that episode ended the way it did. i love the blacks and really never cared for cheryl\'s character.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2007, 11:24:28 pm »
I watched again today, and again I loved pretty much every second.

Truly a triumphant episode and season finale

It had everything.

Great lines, great story, lots of laugh out loud moments, great character interaction, etc.

Most importantly it definitely left me wanting and optimisitic for more good Curb in the future.

It was a hit or miss season on the whole but this final episode and the other high points make it a great success overall imo.

Loretta is a thousand times better than Cheryl in every way and I am so stoked they hooked up. (Loretta slamming suzie was epic). Leon is the man and one of, if not the best characters ever on the show and will also be back and it really does open a lot of doors for future seasons now that its “Larry and the Blacks”!  

Classic lines:

Leon motivating LD to get out of bed and get over Cheryl...

“Your brain is all fuckin discombobulated man, you need to focus on some ass. Your not comfortable in your Larry shell right now. You gotta become another motherfucker right now Larry! Grow a goatee. Larry.  Grow a mustache. Grow some sideburns. Become another mother fucker! Ya feel me?!”

“Is this what you do? Sit on your ass all day and make fun of retarded people?”

“You think your more normal than me? I’ll have a mental patient face off with you anyday!”

:lol:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:26:45 pm by Klout »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2007, 08:44:52 am »
i have friends who i can\'t stand, you know, for like 25 years. i\'m still friends with them.
because i stay to the end. til they\'re dead. i go down with the ship. that\'s what i do. i\'m not even the captain. i\'m going down with the ship. that\'s what i want everybody to think about me - a guy who keeps the captain company.

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2007, 09:55:00 am »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;168758
. i love the blacks and really never cared for cheryl\'s character.

i think cheryl was a perfect fit for someone who could possibly be larrys wife
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2007, 10:53:20 am »
yeah i always thought they were a great match. their chemistry was perfect. but in the end the split had to happen, and it was crafted wonderfully.

the sinking ship bit was hilarious.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2007, 11:19:42 am »
Quote from: davepeck;168867
i have friends who i can\'t stand, you know, for like 25 years. i\'m still friends with them.
because i stay to the end. til they\'re dead. i go down with the ship. that\'s what i do. i\'m not even the captain. i\'m going down with the ship. that\'s what i want everybody to think about me - a guy who keeps the captain company.

The most ridiculous part of that whole bit is the fact its in a movie theater being whispered....