Author Topic: Pearl Jam News [MERGED]  (Read 27161 times)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 05:43:49 pm »
Quote from: davepeck
wow bill. color me jealous. sounds awesome. see, being old does have its advantages! ;)

Oh it does kind sir.  and in the immortal words of Saint Patrick

Erin go Fuck yerself!!

:biggrin:

Happy St. P\'s everyone!!

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2006, 08:41:29 am »
so has anybody heard when the public onsale date is?  I heard on 99.1 this weekend that they were going on sale sat., but nothing has been announced yet....that I know of.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2006, 12:14:50 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens
Quote from: FrankZappa
pearljam.com has a new special offer for those who pre-order the new album.

Receive a free bonus disc of the classic 1992 New Year\'s Eve Pearl Jam show from The Academy Theatre in NYC plus a digital download of "Pearl Jam" delivered May 2nd at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time. For the low price of $14 (plus shipping) you will receive a package valued at $35, delivered by USPS First Class, that includes:
—the new album, "Pearl Jam", and
—the bonus live CD of the 1992 New Year\'s Eve Pearl Jam show.

1992-12-31: the academy, new york.new york

I. wash*, sonic reducer, why go, even flow, alone, garden, daughter**, dirty frank^, oceans, alive, leash, stranglehold, porch

*fast version
**(oceans) altered lyrics
^First time played

click on songs to hear audience recording.

Talk about spectacular introductions.  This show: 1992-12-31: the academy, was my first PJ concert, and probably my 2nd concert ever.  There\'s only been a few that have come close to the power that was display that night.

Sure, there were gems like Dirty Frank and Sonic Reducer, and a Daughter that they had only played once before live.  But the Wash that opens this show knocked everyone on their asses.  I\'ve never heard them perform it this way again (a real shame).

Eddie had been wearing a ski hat for most of the night, that kept falling off.  I believe during Porch, he grabbed a roll of duct tape off the drum risers and taped the hat to his head w/ like 18 feet of tape.  I guess he really wanted that hat on.

I\'ve been clutching a horrible tape... worst sound quality imaginable of this show for the last 5 years.

I can\'t tell you how excited I am to get this... the new album will be listened to after I get through the academy show.

:thumbsup: :jawdrop: :drool: :yay:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 07:01:55 am »
RESERVE TICKETS FOR POTENTIAL ADDED SHOWS!
The Ten Club would like to offer eligible members the opportunity to reserve pre-sale tickets for potential Pearl Jam shows, which could be added to the US Tour. You must be an active member as of March 7, 2006 to be eligible for this opportunity.

Here\'s how it will work ... the shows listed below have the potential to be added to the tour. We are going to allow you to reserve these tickets before they go on-sale to the public. You will "purchase" these reservations from pearljam.com like a regular ticket sale, however we will not charge your card until the show has been confirmed.

What this does is place your order on hold for approximately one week, until the additional show has been confirmed. At that time, we will charge your card. If the additional show does not happen, your order will be canceled and your credit card info will be removed from our system.

Ticket reservations for additional shows will act like any other Ten Club pre-sale ticket, so all the standard policies and procedures do apply. Ticket reservations are available while supplies last. Two tickets only per member. All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges. No transfers. No excuses. Click here for more ticket information.

Ticket pre-sale reservations for all additional shows will begin March 21st at 10am PST. Pre-sale reservations will remain open until March 22nd at 5pm PST or until the reservations are full. We anticipate reservations to fill quickly, so be ready for anything!

Listed below are show dates that could potentially be added to the tour:

[table=head]DATE|CITY|VENUE|PRE-SALE DATE
May-25*|Boston, MA|TD Banknorth Garden|Mar-21 at 10am PST
May-28|Philadelphia, PA|Tweeter Center at the Waterfront|Mar-21 at 10am PST
May-31*|E.Rutherford, NJ|Continental Airlines Arena|Mar-21 at 10am PST[/table]

*dates are subject to change due to professional sports team playoff schedules

----------
oy. looks like it\'ll be another frustrating afternoon.. fingers crossed - i\'m going for all 3.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 07:06:06 am »
...and we\'ll see you in phili mr. peck. Here\'s to another frustrating afternoon.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2006, 01:02:29 pm »
DONE. checked out all 3 at 1:01:28!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 03:46:57 pm »
<-decided to save money and wait on msg/other shows. glad you got yours.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2006, 04:58:28 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
[-]<-decided to save money and wait on msg/other shows. glad you got yours.[/-]

decided to blow money and get tickets since they were still available. :P

See ya in Phili. Want to carpool dave?

FrankZappa

• Administrator
pearl jam general ticketbastard sale is this saturday!!!!!!
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2006, 05:25:12 pm »
all shows on sale this saturday 3/25 at 10am est

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/735836

hartford show direct link

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2006, 08:10:22 am »
just won a pair of Hartford tix last night on 105.9....to bad their lawn, but whatever, their free
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2006, 09:06:04 am »
It\'s gonna be packed like a dave mathews show out there, but congrads!

:thumbsup:

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2006, 04:15:04 pm »
Question about the Dodge seating.  If you\'re onstage looking out @ the audience, you\'ve got section 100 to your left and 300 to your right and 200 in the center.

How are the individual seats numbered?  Left to right, per section?

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2006, 04:43:41 pm »

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2006, 10:14:59 am »
just scored floor seats for albany!!!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2006, 10:41:28 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens
Question about the Dodge seating.  If you\'re onstage looking out @ the audience, you\'ve got section 100 to your left and 300 to your right and 200 in the center.

How are the individual seats numbered?  Left to right, per section?

What a collasel (sp?) waste of time this was.  2nd person in line @ ticketmaster, guy in front of me got section 700 row DDD, I got lawn.  I coulda gotten fuckin\' lawn from home!!