Author Topic: Pearl Jam News [MERGED]  (Read 27510 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2006, 05:01:16 am »
state of love, nba, and trust article on espn.com page 2 90% of it is about pearl jam.

also, on the main page of amazon.com you can watch the in studio preformance of \'life wasted\' (imagine the pull you need for that kind of promo!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2006, 03:10:21 pm »
2 weeks left to wait!!!!!

anybody trying to get tickets to that secret show....probably have to wait in line starting tonight to get them
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2006, 03:13:53 pm »
not me..

i have to say though - i listened to the new album on the way home from work on wednesday, and well, i hope it grows on me. and don\'t get me wrong, i\'m SURE it will, since WWS is already growing on me from the first time i heard it... but that\'s what i\'m left with after one listen. the thing that bugs me is that it wasn\'t like that (for me) with riot act. i loved riot act after my first listen..

sooo... that\'s that..

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2006, 03:31:13 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19

anybody trying to get tickets to that secret show....probably have to wait in line starting tonight to get them

secret show?

info?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2006, 03:40:24 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
Quote from: weekapaug19

secret show?

info?

SECRET SHOW-TICKETS AT TOWER MIDNIGHT SALE04.27.06
Secret Show NYC- Tower Records and J Records have teamed up to present a special show on Friday May 5th at a yet-undisclosed location in Manhattan. Be one of the first on line to purchase Pearl Jam at midnight at the Tower store on 4th and Broadway on Monday May 1st and receive a FREE ticket to the show. Supplies are limited, so get there early.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2006, 03:46:54 pm »
I guess GQ has an article on PJ and this was posted on TOOBOARD.
Found it amusing. Some def. work others not so much.

Ten Reasons Pearl Jam is the New Grateful Dead

1. They sell out arenas in two minutes and you cant name any of their last five albums.

2. Their voluminous collection of live recordings, allowing fans to bicker over which version of "Brain of J" was better- Ljubljana 6/19/00 or Sacramento 10/30/00.

3. Sounds great in a Volvo S60.

4. Odd NBA connections. Dead had Bill Walton as a superfan; PJ briefly called themselves Mookie Blaylock and named their ffirst album Ten, after Blaylock\'s number.

5. Love to cover Bob Dylan.

6. Played with Neil Young.

7. Quirky side projects- Jerry Garcia had New Riders of the Purple Sage, and Bob Weir had Ratdog, PJ\'s Mike McCready has the Rockfords, Stone Gossard has Brad, and Jeff Ament has Three Fish.

8. A lot better than Phish.

9. Generally bad hair.

10. Two words: shorts onstage.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2006, 10:34:26 pm »
Dave, what do you think of the Academy show?

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2006, 11:19:03 pm »
haven\'t listened to it yet. just got them in the mail this afternoon.. i\'m sure it\'ll get some play this weekend..

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2006, 05:25:27 am »
Quote from: davepeck
haven\'t listened to it yet. just got them in the mail this afternoon.. i\'m sure it\'ll get some play this weekend..

:that:

I put them both on Christines ipod, but thats the closest I\'ve gotten to listening to them. Nice book with the avocado album.

Jack Irons "Attention Dimension"

Shine on you Crazy Diamond
Electric Bass - Les Claypool
Drums - Jack Irons
Guitar - Alain Johannes
Keys - Natasha Shneider
Vocals - Eddie Vedder

:drool:
Anyone have this?? Flea, Stone, Jeff, Les and more are all on it.

Also - one more for Leiths list:
Grateful Dead had 5 Keyboardist (not counting Hornsby who was never an official member), Pearl Jam had 5 Drummers.
Dead Keys
"Pigpen" McKernan
Tom Constanten
Keith GodChaux
Brent Mydland
Vince Welnick

PJ Drums
Dave Krusen
Matt Chamberlain
Dave Abbruzzese
Jack Irons
Matt Cameron
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:29:58 am by FrankZappa »

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2006, 10:17:11 am »
AOL has provided a stream of the entire new album for those of you who did not pre order and get it yesterday.

and then listened to it 7 times before breakfast. (you know who you are)

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2006, 11:50:13 am »
what is that jack irons cd???

Listening to the new cd for the first time right now.... it pretty good so far, the 92 show is great.....back when eddie was young and nuts

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2006, 04:22:09 pm »
it\'s just a jack irons solo cd I found while looking around. It looks pretty good.

weekapaug19

• In the house
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2006, 04:03:53 pm »
can anybody understand the old lyrics in daughter, which eddie introduces as "brother" on the acadamy show

porch is sick....for a second it kinda sounds like Attraction to Shade Ditty during the middle jam
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 04:31:02 pm by weekapaug19 »

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2006, 04:59:57 pm »
show in albany is a little over 2 weeks away. def. stoked for this. last nite i saw them was 3rd night in boston a few yrs back. amazing live show.  should be good times. my morning jacket opening up for him.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

davepeck

• Administrator
Pearl Jam News [MERGED]
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2006, 07:30:42 pm »
Quote from: Rujah
show in albany is a little over 2 weeks away.

11 days actually..