Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-06-29 - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI  (Read 14483 times)

peaches626

Setlist: 2007-06-29 - Wheel House Tavern; Narragansett, RI
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 05:11:30 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;150945
:( so sorry I missed this show!  Though the sleep was much needed & very nice in the back of the 4Runner! ;)

lame.

taints rule, gypsies drool!

Ren

• what?
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 05:31:28 pm »
Great fuckin\' show.  I was happy to see all the people who were there.  After seeing it the "first" time at Porter\'s I figured they\'d never play the twisty, intertwined WTF and Vermont Song sandwich, whatever you wanna call it thing again, so I was happy they decided to play it again.  Tough to decide which one was better, not that it matters though.  I think that this one would have the advantage by smoothly gliding into STL, I have to say I absolutely love how whenever they play this it always seems like they\'re trying bury all the versions that came before it.  It just keeps hitting that next level again and again.  
     Uh....Rufus>Lit>Rufus>Lit>Peaches>LDZ>Tunage!?!?  Seriously?!?!  Goddamn.  There\'s really not much to say about that.  Where would I begin anyway?  Perfect.  Some of these little grooves, for lack of a better term, they\'d get into and actually be able to maintain so many times throughout the show is something that I don\'t feel I can accurately put into  words.  Lit coming out of Rufus was fuckin\' nasty and Peaches, which is always done really, really well, going into a really aggressive LDZ that did that did that silly little start and stop shit right near the end?!?   Come on now.  Never a fan of Fresh Cut ever, and I was glad to see it not take that long to end, no offense, it just wasn\'t a Fresh Cut kinda night for me.  Maybe something like Surreal or good ol\' Doughboy woulda worked better, though I didn\'t see anyone complaining about it.  Nice see Lithium finish off a great night of marvellous music with it\'s little noodle(y) parts at the beginning and again near the end was that were just right, I think made people feel just as happy as the first time it was played.  What a fine show I must say.  One more to go....
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 08:17:21 pm »
Thus far the best show of the 3 nights. Everything was right on. Sounded great, especially Save, felt the bass in my balls. Thought the floor was to drop through. Almost cried during Peaches (which I felt was the best part of the weekend) out side of the zyets sa hwee on BI.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 11:15:46 pm »
lots of love floating through that venue last night i must say... everyone in the crowd had a huge smile on their face all night, it was really awesome. when i go on long breaks of seeing the band live, i tend to forget just how psychedelic it can get... last night was just the right amount for me. really dug the whole show, highlights included STL, rufus, peaches, and that LIT insanity. also tunage has offically grown on me. good times last night all! :)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 12:50:03 am »
Of all 3, if I was only able to go to 1 (even though all where incredible!! )this was the show to see!

I couldnt wait to see my folks and tell them all about everything and the great time I had(well not everthing)
I was rambling on,and on....my mom said "slow down" and ....
I said to get to the point "this past trip for me was like one of those dreams you have thats so happy and you wake up only to want to fall back asleep to stay in the dream!I wish I was still there)
I didnt sleep for days!
 I also didnt stop dancing,smiling or laughing .:)the sunrise,the moon,I love Block Island!I loved to see The Breakfast there!
The Narragansett show was a great ending to the three days of music, sun, boats, riding waves, fun. and friends that can keep smiles on your face!

Melanie and Fitzy- I am sorry for the all night and early morning disruptions to to get back in the room. and anyone else I disrupted and kept awake beacause I couldnt stay still.Sorry. (if If it helps, I am making up for it now.)I can honestly say I absorbed every bit of vacation as possible.
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 02:22:27 am »
Wait, what?

Holy exclamation points and puncuasion. :P
Masturbation in the MFA

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 10:20:07 am »
well...now that i\'ve regained my energy, i can give my review :)   This was definitely a great night...felt like shit and vow that i won\'t be setting sail with the captain any time too soon (stupid heartburn!) but that didn\'t stop me from enjoying this show.  definitely didn\'t mind hearing LDZ twice this week (i love it), the breaks in this night\'s version were timed incredibly well.  i liked that they played STL as well...don\'t think i\'ve seen them play that in a while.  i\'m happy they waited to play rufus until the end of RI-run...definitely a blast and i enjoyed the flip-flop between rufus and Lit>peaches.  after this night, i\'m surprised that wheelhouse is still standing in one piece!  what a great run!  :)
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 03:44:26 pm »
you better get your ass there timmy, so we can rage, smoke some diesels.  i know its nothing coming from me, but sure would put a smile on my face, and whats the deal with tainty mctainterson, tell alexi to get hiss ass to the party (i got a pool full of bitches)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007, 08:22:35 pm »
Tunage is huge. Break it up and it becomes a monster. Tunage has what it takes to be this years ToT champion because of the diverse use of the song and structure. It should also be noted that the pause in Tunage was a little longer than usual and it was funny to see Tim just standing there like a statue. Lit was also super trippy, thought I ate some heady LS, brah. This really was the best playing I seen in a long time from them, musically they were tight and sounded great. I know I hadn\'t felt that way in a long time. The service at the Wheel House Tavern was a little slow and looked to be undermanned at the beginning of the night, the doorman can go choke on a d anyday. Otherwise, best show of the weekend.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2007, 08:27:25 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;151056
the doorman can go choke on a d anyday. .

I got carded approx. four times by those idiots.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 08:48:55 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;151059
Quote from: Spacey;151056
the doorman can go choke on a d anyday. .

I got carded approx. four times by those idiots.

It was brutal. I saw people getting harassed every time I went in there. I think he was trying to look cool in front of the girls.

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 10:15:45 pm »
oH Good god!if its the same guy Im thinking of,I must have have went in and out hundreds of times and talked to him but, he kept asking to see my stamped hand.Finally I said "look dont you remember my face by now?WTF?Do you think I could take my head off and put it on someones body who doesnt have a stamped hand?"
He laughed and let me be the rest of the night.The other guy was cool.
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 04:09:20 am »
holy crazy posts

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 09:35:54 am »
great night. i got a couple noobs out to a show finally and they thought it was really good.

oh and Ziets Se Hwee!!!!

that is all
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 09:44:00 am »
Quote from: davepeck;150903
hands down the best of the 3 RI shows, imo.

you mean you remember the wheelhouse?

Quote from: stefpav;151001
after this night, i\'m surprised that wheelhouse is still standing in one piece!  what a great run!  :)

As I recall, the roof was blown off during lithium. I distinctly recall dave showing me the holes in the ceiling tiles as proof of the event.

:P
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke