Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-06-28 - Captain Nick\'s; Block Island, RI  (Read 9401 times)

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
Setlist: 2007-06-28 - Captain Nick\'s; Block Island, RI
« on: June 29, 2007, 12:10:59 am »
I: jam > Sundance > Honey Butter > Gravity > Wake Up In A Coma > Over Exposure > Gravity > Message In A Bottle

II: Hard Luck Harry > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me* > Episode 1 (Happy), Tricky Ways, Rust > Drum Solo, Guitar Solo > Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Hard Luck Harry

E: Wild Pack Of Asscracks

* inverted
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 01:43:48 am by Drew_Kingsley »
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 08:03:39 am »
wow...that\'s a nice lookin setlist.  take out rust (hasn\'t grown on me yet) and MIAB and you\'ve got one hell of a show
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 01:02:11 pm »
MIAB sucks. Wasn\'t on setlist. Probably was for the oldies getting down.

Eat A D. That is all!
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

BennyBoomers

• Biscuits Fluffer
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 02:02:26 pm »
WOW

so disappointed my unemployed ass couldnt afford to get out there

I\'m gonna go sulk now

postom

• let\'s go pens
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 02:23:59 pm »
i\'ll never understand all the hate for message in a bottle.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 03:49:57 pm »
yeesh! looks like an awesome show. i\'m reconsidering attending this evening... i mean, whats left to play?
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 04:05:23 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;150870
yeesh! looks like an awesome show. i\'m reconsidering attending this evening... i mean, whats left to play?

:thumbsdow

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 04:15:45 pm »
lol i\'m goin im goin just grumpy they played HLH and coma, prob my 2 favorite b\'fast tunes.... probably gonna get a see the light, tribal funk affliction, mooboos, overexposure, rufus, maybe attraction, hopefully no eppy 3 tho i cant stand that song....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 04:56:21 pm »
Quote from: BennyBoomers;150865
I\'m gonna go sulk now
:that:
Quote from: princesscaspian;150873
hopefully no eppy 3 tho i cant stand that song....
Whaaaaa?!?! Yer nutso!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 05:09:48 pm »
they already played overexposure first night :(

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 05:40:55 pm »
Quote from: postom;150866
i\'ll never understand all the hate for message in a bottle.
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 06:30:16 pm »
....awwwww, they always play fuckin Sundance when i\'m not around, bastards, i was gonna actually request it tonight....fuck oh well tonight and albany should be good ones.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 06:55:46 pm »
damn, this setlist looks unreal!!! a solo over exposure sammied in a gravity, an inverted gladys, sundance (has that shown up before with the three piece?), the whole second set sammied in hlh.... unreal!!!

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 12:51:13 pm »
night 2 was nonstop madness. i got a group of old people (older than todd and oldnewbie) to come out to this after chatting it up on the deck of the new shoreham inn. they also insisted that i try their home made beef jerky...it wasn\'t bad.

highlights for me were sundance, overexposure, hlh, gladys and wild pack.

i could have done without tricky ways, rust and miab.

i\'d write more but my brain is officially fried after the last 3 days. i definitely wish i was still on block island. :boat:

peaches626

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 12:57:34 pm »
this.show.was.ser.
Yikes, I probably can\'t explain it in words. This whole show had an awesome flow to it.

I just tried to begin sentences to explain the first set, and erased them all. The set list says it all.  The song selections and order were perfect, and all songs were played well above average, in my opinion.  Sundance and honeybutter were some of the best versions I remember seeing.

SET II
THE TITTIES.  These words describe both the amazing set of music witnessed and the general focus of the male crowd during the wildpack encore.  
The hardluck/gladys stuff worked out so well.  Essentially it was the hardluck song section with the gladys jam, and then vice versa to finish the set.  awesome. Eppy 1 was very well played and contained a nice little jam, with adrian ripping it up.  Tricky ways and rust got people of all ages movin, as the average age on the dance floor changed from 28 to 45 in about 2 mins, with the arrival of our friends we met on the deck of the New Shoram House and encouraged to come to the show.

However, one particularly drunk stupid old horny man started making an ass of himself right around adrians drum solo (which appeared to be a spur of the moment add to the set list so ron spears could take a moment in the mens room).  So this particularly drunk stupid old horny man was twiddling his pointer and middle fingers in the air with a broken plastic cup on top of them, dancing poorly throughout the crowd.  He apparently thought he was the life of the party.  I, not thinking I was the life of the party, was trying to stand right in front of adrian attentively, as if to receive a free drum lesson.  The particularly drunk stupid old horny man kept sticking his cup-hand in the three feet of space between my eyes and  adrians drum set.  After repeatedly asking him to back off, and trying to explain to him that he was making an ass of himself right in front of the only thing happening on the stage, he accidentally dropped the cup and I proceeded to pick it up and throw it over my head as if i were a happy bride throwing her flowers to some doomed single girl.  The particularly drunk stupid old horny man left and I breathed a sigh of relief, thinking I was going to be able to fully enjoy the rest of the breath taking drumming taking place before my very eyes.  But noooOOOoooOooooOOOOooo.....  Mr. paricularly drunk stupid old horny man comes back with a broken, battered, muddy cup, and again invades the precious space available for my viewing pleasure.  As I turn and feel my heart rate skyrocket, and feel like I am about to have to physically remove an old man out of my way..... a splash of liquid from the heavens.  I felt a sprinkle, but the particularly drunk stupid old horny man felt the cold (lukewarm?) rush of an alcoholic beverage waterfall pouring down upon his white balding head from the balcony above, and he knew his time in the spotlight was up.  B-fam, regulating.  Thanks again, Jed.

Sometime during the Hardluck Jam after the Gladys song, a group of lovely young ladies entered the room and made there prescence noticed immediately.  One lady jumped up on the stage and shaked and danced and stole a little of the attention from the music, which I\'m sure was not her intension, but most people didn\'t seem to mind too much.  The ladies not on the stage were rubbing up against each other and touching each other, and hugging, and kissing, but I\'m sure it was just because they were a little chilly; Somebody should have told them it\'s too cold to just wear your underwear to the bar in Block Island, Silly!  Any how, since they were dancing in the spot where I had been raging all night, I tried to regain my position.  I was aggressively asked by some goon in a hawaian shirt to back off because, "These girls came on MY BOAT!"  Apparently he thought I was trying to help them warm up, and he prefered them cold.  Once again, the titties.

I think Heaven and Hell was written on the set list as the encore, per request of StephenGencs, but was replaced with Wild Pack because, 1)the girls still needed a little help warming up and 2)StephenGencs was asleep on the stairs behind adrian.

Both these shows were so much fun, and thanks to everyone for belated birthday wishes and for not making me look like a jackass in front of my parents (I obviously don\'t need any help).  Bfam fo\' life.
taints rule, gypsies drool!