Author Topic: F the Red Sux Go PADRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7666 times)

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
F the Red Sux Go PADRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2007, 06:25:19 pm »
I usually get in on my way in to Boston....

Davis Square in Somerville. There are a couple of them there, but the best one is Martsa on Elm. It\'s across from the Goodwill. Just thinking about that place makes me salivate.

Try the momos for your app. If you use the spicier of the sauces... make sure you have a mango lassi to cool your mouth.

:D
Masturbation in the MFA

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2007, 06:43:08 pm »
cool thanks!  will have to try it out sometime
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2007, 07:15:26 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;150582
I don\'t like this generalizing you\'re doing here Al.

I love it, obviously!

Quote from: jocelyn;150582

I do not have a single friend who is a Sox fan and a meathead.

You may be fortunate to not have any meathead Sox friends, but can you really argue that Fenway isn\'t filled with meatheads on any random gameday?  Southern New England (which I\'m a product of) is meathead ground zero.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 07:15:26 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2007, 07:40:52 pm »
Pretty much any massive sporting event with be filled with meatheads.
Masturbation in the MFA

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 11:47:23 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;150595
but can you really argue that Fenway isn\'t filled with meatheads on any random gameday?  

Like Joce said, it\'s a crowd at a professional sporting event, no different than anywhere else.  Can you really argue that the opera isn\'t filled with affluent baby-boomers?  Can you really argue that Sesame Street on Ice isn\'t filled with children and their parents?  Can you really argue that there is any point to the existence of the Padres?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 12:04:56 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;150655

Like Joce said, it\'s a crowd at a professional sporting event, no different than anywhere else.  Can you really argue that the opera isn\'t filled with affluent baby-boomers?  

As I mentioned, the Boston area is meathead ground zero.  I\'ve been to Oakland Athletics games and by comparison do not see many meatheads at all (unless the Sox are in town).

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 05:33:39 pm »
but can you really argue that Fenway isn\'t filled with meatheads on any random gameday?  

Like Joce said, it\'s a crowd at a professional sporting event, no different than anywhere else.  

Shows how much you get out of NE.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 05:40:04 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;150603

:hscratch:What, exactly, is the definition of a "meathead?"  I mean, if it\'s just a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking beer, and yelling at the game while it\'s in action, it sounds like fun!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 05:44:08 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;150727

:hscratch:What, exactly, is the definition of a "meathead?"  I mean, if it\'s just a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking beer, and yelling at the game while it\'s in action, it sounds like fun!

exactly.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 07:21:53 pm »
Quote from: leith;150726

Like Joce said, it\'s a crowd at a professional sporting event, no different than anywhere else.  

Well, San Diego has a higher ratio of meatheads than the area I live in.

Quote from: FreeSpirit;150727

That is not the textbook definition of meathead.  We will do the aforementioned on Block island, and I can\'t think of any vintage meatheads on the roster.  

A meathead exhibits many of those behaviors, but there is an underlying idiocy that is present in all aspects of life (not just sporting events).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 07:29:21 pm by alexanderzurflu »

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 07:32:39 pm »
Quote from: urbandictionary.com

synonyms for Meathead:
 jock, asshole, meat, idiot, loser, moron, steroids, dork, dumb, football player, frat boy, guido, hardass, jackass, jerk, muscle, steakhead, stupid, tony/anthony, ass, beefy, big, dumb, animal, blockhead, bodybuilder, bonehead, boob, buffoon, cretin, dick, dickhead, dimwit, donkey, douche, douchebag, drunk, dumb ox, dunce, dunderhead, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, man\'s man

1.   meathead   
An enormously muscular guy who cannot hold a conversation about anything other than weight-lifting and protein shakes. Gets upset very quickly when he cannot complete his own sentences and thoughts. Can be found at nightclubs wearing shirts that are 10 sizes too small (if at all). They are by far the most closely related human beings to that of apes, chimpanzees, and other primate. They are evolutionary hindered and are less capable of following directions than my dead hampster.

2.   Meathead   
Typically a rather muscular person who walks around with their arms out to their side. Have no fear and love to start fights for no reason. Anthony or "Tony" is a typical meathead name. Shaved head and tattoos are characteristics of a meathead. Also known as a hardass. They carry around gallons of water acting to be some sort of muscle machine.

Meathead:"yo john, give me 20 bucks and ill knock this bitch ass out"

3.   meathead   
One who wears cutoff t-shirts, lift weights, and drinks gallon jugs of water. Usually plays football, wrestles, and is very muscular. They tend to have short hair, and frequently wear sleeveless shirts. Drinking protein shakes and shopping at Hollister are also essential parts of the average meathead\'s day. Meatheads also tend to abbreviate where they live by putting the first letter of the city, and adding *town after. In addition to lacking high IQs, meatheads tend to stereotype things and people completely wrong.

Common meathead responses:
- "Bro let\'s down this protein shake then go to the gym."
- "Dude that guy has a Fall Out Boy shirt, do you think he\'s one of those Emos?
- >>Smashes aluminum can on head<<

5.   meathead   
a guy(most of the time) who is obsessed with foot ball and weight lifting and wrestling ect.. 24/7
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2007, 08:21:41 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;150736

Well having come to know you and from all accounts from your sister I can be assured that you in fact do not know a thing about San Diego. No matter how much you think you do.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2007, 10:13:07 pm »
Quote from: leith;150741
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;150736

can be assured that you in fact do not know a thing about San Diego. No matter how much you think you do.

I am a clueless newb.  There are no meatheads and posers crawling all over San Diego beach neighborhoods.  :sarcasm:

peaches626

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 01:32:18 am »
I miss Bess Eaton
taints rule, gypsies drool!

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 08:32:36 am »
Quote from: peaches626;150764
I miss Bess Eaton

theres one on the way to the boat...... or is that the one that changed names or went out of business...?
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-