Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-05-12 - River Street Jazz Café; Plains, PA  (Read 4589 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-05-12 - River Street Jazz Café; Plains, PA
« on: May 13, 2007, 02:25:26 pm »
I: jam > Cut Me Some Slack, Hard Lucky Harry > Inner Glimpse, Escher\'s Etchings (Parts 1 & 2) > Love Lake, Beef Barley

II: Helter Skelter, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Intension, Episode 3 (Awakening) > The Late And The Great* > Over Exposure, Taboo Or Not Taboot

E: jam > The Vermont Song > Golgi Apparatus

* ending jam only.

Thanks to booztravlr for the setlist!

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 03:07:19 pm »
great time last night! there was def a lot of energy in the crowd. cut me some slack was a good choice for an opener and hadnt been played since last july. team hard luck would have been proud last night. eschers 1+2 > love lake was the highlight of the night for me. ron had so much funk flowing through his fingers he was sweeping it underneath the rug after the beef barley. the gladys was a monster but condensed to 16 minutes. episode 3 is really growing on me and i like the choice to pick up the end of late and the great as a segueway into over exposure. the encore was fun and the crowd used their remaining energy on the golgi. there was a mario brothers 1 tease (worlds 1-1 and 1-2 and also coin noises) during the vt song and the divided sky rift prior to the climax in golgi. this is not a venue to miss on their next visit.

thanks to the band and crew for showing me and brittany a good time in our 10 hours at the bar!
Smell my mule.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 03:14:44 pm »
cmss = :drool:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 03:35:47 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;145177
our 10 hours at the bar!

How did you manage to keep a setlist?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 04:05:36 pm »
holy fuck that second set lastnight was FIRE.

had a n00b with me for his first show and he LOVED it.  big ups to the band and esp for timmy and animal for letting me help craft the first part of set2 while out back.

Gladys>Intension was HUGE.  Save was throwing down big time.  that was also the BEST by far i have seen OE jammed out.  got real trancey and out there.  2-2 now with great shows at River Street.  

Upstates lights are awesome as well.  i was real impressed the the borrowed gear.  KUDOS.

see yall on friday

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 04:19:04 pm »
:shock2:

wow. spiderman 3 was a good movie.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:19:04 pm by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 05:00:29 pm »
Episode 3 (Awakening) > The Late And The Great* > Over Exposure

What\'s the total body count?
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

wiredchicken

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 05:14:53 pm »
there was a set of mics in the crowd.  didnt talk to the person who was running them.  meant to ask and see if he would seed or upload to archive.  oh well.  hope he does!

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 06:38:06 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;145180
Quote from: booztravlr;145177
our 10 hours at the bar!

How did you manage to keep a setlist?

i had a steady flow of water between beers for most of the night. i planned on keeping it mellow since i had to drive to the hotel after the show so i stopped boozing mid first set. prob a good thing i closed my tab before i found out they had 22oz tall boy pbr cans for $1.50. that could have gotten ugly fast.
Smell my mule.

wiredchicken

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:13:59 pm »
$4 pitchers of Pocono Lager.  i drank the shit out of that lastnight and i dont really feel all that bad.  the drive home this morning indeed sucked ass though.

Tweety_Gal

• Psycho purple canary!
    • http://www.myspace.com/tweety42
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 08:12:53 pm »
Quote from: wiredchicken;145192
$4 pitchers of Pocono Lager.  i drank the shit out of that lastnight and i dont really feel all that bad.  the drive home this morning indeed sucked ass though.

Those pitchers were tasty.  Thanks for the heads up on that.  

After a crazy weekend with the band:banparty:, we made the quick escape right after the show, to avoid the holiday hell that would have been the ride home today.  By @ 5am we were kicking back with some drinks at home.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:24:10 pm by Tweety_Gal »
If the thunder don\'t get you then the lightning will!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 09:41:53 am »
First off let me just say that River Street Jazz Cafe is my new favorite Breakfast venue.  The room is big and spacious.  The stage has ample room.  The green room is relaxing and quite chill.  Everyone that works there is friendly and has a great attitude.  And the owner/promoter Tom is one of the nicest and funniest people I have ever met in the live music biz.....

The show was great as well.  Johnny Upstates broken lightshow did return, but only for Hard Luck as there was some sort of power issue on stage. Although Walsh was convinced upstate just had the lights set to infra red.  Regardless the lights were amazing.  The sound was top notch as well.....

The band was on fire, per usual, all night long.  It was great to hear the return of CMSS.  Hard Luck jam was intense and a straight rocker.....Its been a while since I have heard Eschers 1&2 together.  The Love Lake ruled the set in my opinon....Regardless this show was all about the second set.  A monster of a set.  However, Jason, I am not sure about the Late and the Great ending jam however.  Now unless you confirmed that with Tim or someone in the band after the show, I would have to say that there was no Late and The Great ending jam...  Regardless it was amazing and the Gladys > Intension had potential to kill mofuckers it was so good....

$1.50 PBR Tallboys were good as hell especially after a nice base of some king of beers......

Jason, It was great hanging out with you and Brittney.  You guys are top shelfers.  Mason and Holly, thanks for all the laughs both nights, and for not throwing me out of your hotel room for screaming jibberish all morning. Colin, great to see ya broseph....thank for rockin.  And walshy, it was fun doin the ball stompin get down dance with ya up front.  It was a fuckin Paaaaaaahty all weekend long...
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 05:21:15 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;145216

$1.50 PBR Tallboys were good as hell especially after a nice base of some king of beer

And I thought $4.00 PBR Tallboys at a divebar were a good deal last month.  :newbie:
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Whineberg

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 02:44:30 am »
By the way guys, it was Shirley Jones (later known as Shirley Partridge), that stared in "The Music Man".

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 02:08:51 pm »
Quote from: Whineberg;145417
By the way guys, it was Shirley Jones (later known as Shirley Partridge), that stared in "The Music Man".

HA........nice call......

good looks mase.....We had the Shirley part right.
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph