Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-05-10 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 9694 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Setlist: 2007-05-10 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 04:07:59 pm »
Insane STL. Really started to get things going. Lit was great. The Tunage was a monster. I was pumped to hear a TFA, haven\'t had one like last nights in a while. Beef Barley, not the same brimley it was a couple years back but fun last night. Buquebus with Matt on keys felt so right. Having "heard" from a couple of people about Matt\'s ability, I was floored. He is brimley and broseph approved as far as I am concerned and convinced me to check out the Monday night project.

The highlight of the night was Ellis-D and his light show. I couldn\'t have asked for anything brighter and was hoping for a seizure but it never came. 4 lights from Toad\'s Place are on the road with them for the summer, probably have one hell of a light every night. SER lights indeed.

Best Breakfast show this year that I have been to. Fun, Funky, Fresh and Dirty.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bellbottomtear

• LLama LLover
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 04:27:54 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;145039

Best Breakfast show this year that I have been to. Fun, Funky, Fresh and Dirty.

:banjug: Thats echoed by me for damn sure!!
"If it don\'t feel right you don\'t have to do it,
Just leave a message on the phone and tell them to screw it
After all is said and done you can\'t go pleasin\' everyone
So screw it"- John Lennon

moebass

• psyentist
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 05:02:18 pm »
great show last night.
it was my first live and in-person version of tunage, and it def lived up to its name. i love the breaks, fills, changes, etc. that make it quite a lovely tumultuous ear journey. and sandwiched right smack in the middle was possibly the best LDZ i\'ve ever heard. i was totally diggin the drawn out jam part... something i\'ve never heard within LDZ before.

on another note, i got beef with the queebs: how many times must buquebus be played live before the entire crowd finally understands when to come in with the "hey hey heys"???? it drives me nuts when ~8 or so newbs come in early with their premature ejaculatory hey salute. hold off folks!!! it would sound so much better if the whole wild pack sounded off at the appropriate time.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 05:13:13 pm »
For those who think Matt was busy, remember he was limited to only his Nord.  Buquebus is usually played with a Hammond and various analog synths.  I\'m damn sure that if his Korg was working Daniel St would\'ve shot  off into the sun.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 05:19:51 pm »
<<< loves screaming heyheyheyhey on every given oppurtunity..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Ren

• what?
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 05:46:50 pm »
Yeaaahhh, that was a good time, not my favorite trio show, but a fine one with GREAT moments, shit I had my mind made up that the "announcement" was gonna be a new keyboard player after hearing things, and I was like, well maybe he\'ll be ready to get it goin\' by Daniel Street," but  I of course was wrong.  So naturally it was strange to me that he played with them anyway, and mighty finely too, Dave I gotta tell ya that I said to Jen, "great...what cover do they have to play now," which caused her to roll her eyes.  Glad they didn\'t play one (at first).  I agreed with Peaches that it did sound a bit subdued at that point that he mentioned but what the fuck, there will hopefully be more chances to take it to new levels, woulda been nice if he had the full arsenal though but still great.  Great Lit, really great! thought I heard STL in the Space City Affair a few times, had to wait through not-so-Fresh Cut, bleah, but it was worth it, the song is just pure magic!  Glad to see Bugs, Tunage can go either way for me and LDZ was beautiful, I was so annoyed when someone said they should drop, why I don\'t know. Tribal was of course business as usual, liked the Bill\'s Bar version a little better probably cuz it had been so long, but to see it my last two shows I\'ll have to shut the fuck up.  This one was more compact and straight to the point which is good and the segue really surprised me.  Buquebus was something special with a peak that quite possible may have loosened the place from it\'s foundation, fuck!!! Crossroads was that cover we expected and that dude who i\'d seen around a few times really didn\'t float ma boat vocally but musically it was on.  overall give it a 4.7 out of 5. good time, good energy a few new people. yeaaaah!
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 08:09:29 pm »
Anyone got audio of queeb for all us slackers who weren\'t @ the show?

EDIT: I\'m a moron, I just saw the LMA thread!
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 08:14:32 pm »
killer show, would have been out of control is the korg worked. either way, that dude tore it up on the keys and gave a great vibe to the band that i havnt felt in awhile. when him and tpalms were trading off back and forth i nearly creamed my pants. makes me definately wanna make it to one of these monday shows. the band needs this dude to rage keys on a permanant basis

as for the vocalist, eh:idunno:
break it down, simplify

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 08:51:53 pm »
Though I missed the whole 1st set better late than never.

I\'ve never been sorry when I do go, yet always debate not going. What the hell is wrong with me?

Queeb + keys obvious :thumbsup:,  I really love Psygn, and feel like it\'s been a abandoned lately. (same goes for alot of the Moxie songs).  For the record I liked the singer.  Reminded me of a midget Chris Robinson.  Good energy/stage presence.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 09:04:00 pm »
good show...sweet jam to open...reworked fresh cut (fresh(er) cut) rocked harder but the \'yeah\'s at the end sound funny...see the light was the high point of the night...lit\'s always nice...bugs always sucks...tunage is growing on me...ldz...meh

tribal>beef>tribal could have been much better...buquebus was nasty...i would love to have heard some more effects come out of the keyboards, though...but this band has such a different dynamic with a full-time key player...i think they need one if they want to be next-level

thank you timmytaint for the ride...i have your red lighter btw

oh and way to go greg mothafuckin ellis on the lights
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:04:00 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2007, 12:02:44 am »
any word if the keys guy is gonna be in pa this weekend??? it\'d make jill a helluvaa lot more likely to wanna drive....

Ren

• what?
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2007, 02:35:09 am »
i guess i take it all back then, the show blew, i demand more goddamn it. haha.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 02:37:32 am by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Caitlindrums

• www.caitlindrums.com
    • http://www.caitlindrums.com
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2007, 03:12:40 pm »
Great show.( My favorite TUNAGE) ....Caitlin and I were there with Cait\'s Mom(Lisa).  It was her first Breakast show...she\'s heard the recordings but never had the live experience. (Ellis - superb)   All she kept saying was " I can\'t believe what I\'m hearing...I knew these guys were good ...but this is *#@$&*& incredible"  The three of us danced all night!  Fun night for the Kalafus clan.

As far as the keys....It was really good....want to hear it when everythings working...but...I personally like the open sound of the trio (They\'re so good you never know where it\'s going to go and I think Ron plays more with just three) ....just my worthless opinion..lol.  

Hope to see you all Tuesday at Daniel St. for Switch Up^ (Caitlin, Tim and Adrian if you haven\'t heard about it)  

Peace, Chris
http://www.caitlindrums.com (new video up - some of Caitlin with THE BREAKFAST)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2007, 05:48:56 pm »
Quote from: ;
Great show. I agree that Matt on keys + Tim seemed a little bit busy at some points but for the most part was phenomenal. and it\'s a bummer the Korg wasn\'t working which has also already been said.I wanted Matt to stay up there for the rest of the show. I would love to see him sit in again sometime soon coughwebstercough.  The Buquebus and Psygn encore were my highlights. Tribal & Tunage were also pretty on point with the Ron and Tim battle taking Tunage to a new level. Ellis was making me trip out and i was pretty much completely sober the whole night. I am so glad he has those new lights for the whole summer. This could be a pretty big summer for the band....
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 12:12:49 pm »
This show raged from beginning to end, loved it! First time hearing Tunage, it absolutely floored me!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07