Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-05-03 - North Star Bar; Philadelphia, PA  (Read 4937 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-05-03 - North Star Bar; Philadelphia, PA
« on: May 04, 2007, 10:34:17 am »
I: jam > Rust > Phaddy Boom Baddy > See The Light*, Eat That Question**, I\'m The Slime^, Love Lake, May Fly Disarray, Vocoder jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Phaddy Boom Baddy

* inverted.
** with Eric Slick (Project Object) on drums; Adrian on guitar; Tim on keys.
 ^ Eric on drums; Tim on guitar; Adrian on keys; with \'Montana\' (Frank Zappa) jam.

Thanks to FieryBill for the setlist!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:35:03 am »
fuuuuuuuuuuuck. totally forgot about the eric slick sit-in (was supposed to happen last time in philly)... not that i think i woulda made it to the show, but.. would have loved to have seen it.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:39:50 am »
Looks like a sweet show.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

good4garry

• Play the Red One!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:48:45 am »
the tune that eric slick sat in on was a zappa tune, name unknown

sick show

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:20:15 pm »
how was the turnout? looks good on paper.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

peaches626

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 12:27:35 pm »
I would like to know what "?**" is.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 12:41:27 pm »
The setlist we wrote was changed right before the set.  This is the setlist I kept from the show last night.

1: Jam > Rust > Phaddy Boom Batty > See The Light(1), Eat That Question(2), I\'m The Slime(3,4), Love Lake, Jam > May Fly Disarray, Superfly Phatty Phat(5,6) > Phaddy Boom Batty

1 - Inverted
2 - Eric Slick: Drums; Tim: Keys; Adrian: Guiatar
3 - Eric Slick: Drums; Tim: Guitar; Adrian: Keys
4 - w/ Montana Jam
5 - Vocoder and Beatbox intro w/ Adrian "Chadwick Mating Call" nonsense
6 - Tim sings "Burning Down The House" a couple of times towards the end of the song.  Almost immideately after (because it didnt make any sense to me), the smell of burning plastic from a plastic bottle on Elli\'s fog machine is melting.  Issue easily avoided......

Ahhhhhhhhhh....Back in the high life again.  After missing my first two Breakfast shows in over a year, it felt really good to be back in the mix.  From the first note there was a Zappa-esqueness to the Rust and jam in rust.  It was quite ser.  See the light was tight and jamming and got the place dancing hard.  

The Eric Slick sit in was by far and away the highlight of the night (and quite possibly my Breakfast highlight of 2007 thus far).  The kid (only 19, maybe 20 years old) is an amazingly powerfull drummer with taste and skill beyond his years.  Tim Palmieri, who is "not a keyboardist" (direct quote from his mouth), fooled the shit outta me and others with an amazing keyboard intro to Eat That Question.  Adrian owned faces ripping the hell with such animation on the guitar solos.  Ron Spears had a shit-eating grin on his face the entire 2 song sit in and was bouncing and dancing throughout.

The I\'m the Slime was about the complete opposite from every other Breakfast version of the song.  It was slow and dripping with funk and chops.  Adrian was killing on the keys, pulling some ser organ riffs off of Tim\'s Juno as well as a couple of great "back and fourths" with Tim.  The boys then led by only a small hint of a note from Tim executed a smooth Montana jam at the end of the Slime jam.

Love Lake was nowhere near the inital setlist, but was a last minute add thanks to Adrian.  It was a rocker indeed.  It was followed by a sick jam which had May Fly all over it but was slow and funky as fuck.

The Superfly Phaddy Fat intro vocoder and beatbox was a bit longer than usual in my opinion and pretty amazing with Tim and Adrian riffing back and fourth.

Just when I thought the show was over they brought it back to finish Phaddy Boom whipping the crowd into a frenzy and closing a great night of music in the city of brotherly love......

The night was capped off with Tim, Adrian, and Upstate, running up the falbled "Rocky Stairs" outside the Philadephia Museum of Art.

The turnout was good in that there were people there getting down........
Considering there was not naray a soul in the place for the opening band, it was a decent turnout.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 12:41:27 pm by Stephengencs »
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 01:04:15 pm »
FUUUUUUUCK

so pissed i missed this show. looks SER

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 01:11:40 pm »
Quote from: wiredchicken;144449
FUUUUUUUCK

so pissed i missed this show. looks SER

why be pissed when it was only one set. I know your feelings towards one setters.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 01:12:28 pm »
It was quite ser....

FireyBill, sorry I didnt get to say goodbye to you and your uncle.  Hope you guys had fun.  Sure looked like you guys were raging.......Thanks for making the 5 hour drive from Upstate NY down to Illidelphia.......
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

good4garry

• Play the Red One!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 02:03:54 pm »
No prob at all steve, and good to see you too .... me and my uncle had a great time last night! He\'s really digging them hardcore these days and it\'s nice to be able to see them with him! As an SG player himself, he is always very impressed with Tim\'s playing, last night being no exception. And a very well written review, agreed on all accounts! Highlight for me was probably the end of Phaddy into See the Light. That was some pretty ser shit, then out of nowhere Ron hits that familiar line and it\'s like, "SHIT MAN!!" Great show

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 02:20:50 pm »
so the ?**=Eat That Question? Damn i love that tune.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 02:38:50 pm »
Quote from: good4garry;144471
No prob at all steve, and good to see you too .... me and my uncle had a great time last night! He\'s really digging them hardcore these days and it\'s nice to be able to see them with him! As an SG player himself, he is always very impressed with Tim\'s playing, last night being no exception. And a very well written review, agreed on all accounts! Highlight for me was probably the end of Phaddy into See the Light. That was some pretty ser shit, then out of nowhere Ron hits that familiar line and it\'s like, "SHIT MAN!!" Great show

Tim was on fire last night. He was choking tones and notes out of that SG like never before.....

good4garry

• Play the Red One!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 03:39:20 pm »
yo steve...............you know where tim learned to play that SG like that, don\'t you?

he was taught at a very young age by his mother, a guitar wizard in her own right

you think i\'m making this up? check out this rare picture of young tim, his mom and classic gibson SG, with tail-piece

(just for fun)

good4garry

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 04:14:17 pm »
^^awesome!!!^^^

laughydude laughydude laughydude