Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-04-22 - Stone Church; Newmarket, NH  (Read 5076 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Setlist: 2007-04-22 - Stone Church; Newmarket, NH
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 03:58:54 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;142946
I: jam* > May Fly Disarray > Puppetry, The Grand Scheme Of Things** > Drunk Monk Bar > jam > Spunk > Dimension 5 > See The Light^ > jam^^ > May Fly Disarray

II: The Late And The Great# > Over Exposure, 2001 > jam## > Son Of Simpleton, The Grand Scheme Of Things, Wild Pack Of Asscracks%%  

E: Rockin\' In The Free World@

* end progression of \'The Grand Scheme Of Things\', played in four.
** Drum intro only.
 ^ second half only.
^^ another \'The Grand Scheme Of Things\'-inspired jam.
 # outro only.
## with \'Peter Gunn\' tease.
 % with Drum Solo.
%% with \'All Things Reconsidered\' (Phish) tease.
 @ Ron on guitar; Adrian on bass; Tim on drums.

I had been waiting for the "Scheme Theme" all weekend. It didn\'t work out the way it was planned, it might have been a good thing because I was physically exhausted by Sunday. 1st was nice and opened up hot (the venue was super hot and smelt like an old foot). The entire show pivoted on the opening of the 2nd set, which was the best jamming/playing of the weekend. Rockin\' In The Free World doesn\'t do it for me but by that time I was just happy to still be alive and breathing.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 10:00:49 pm »
A fine way to end a, as most would say who saw the previous shows, stellar weekend of music.  From the "Scheme-themed" opening jam I knew the band and the Stone Church would not let me down again.  Having not seen the GSOT in over a year that jam planted a hopeful seed in my head, like there ever isn\'t one, and the Mayfly>Puppetry almost made me forget about it, until...those opening thumps of Adrian\'s, I was like finally goddammit, but no.  Drunk Monk was great as usual and everything that followed was tight as always, the STL was scorching and the energy kept up nicely with the Ahoy to close out.  The second set however was where it was at though, kinda weird/cool how they had the end of LATG end  segue into the frenzied Overexposure, which made me think they were in no mood to fuck around and just wanted to get down to it right away, which I think is why they may have chose to play 2001, which was a surprise and got everyone crazy.  Then the jam that made me immediately hope for Simpleton, and then turn in to it no matter how predictably made me happy.  I knew that it was getting late and was probably going to be lead on was set straight with the actual Grand Scheme of Things, which I\'d never seen minus Jordan, but after hearing one one disc, I honestly had some doubts that were quickly washed away by a massive wave of sound.  So what if I feel the need to sound like a wook when describing a show, thats what it feels like.  I\'m always glad to see WPOAC so that was good and though I too am not a big fan of Keep on Rockin\' the Free World unless its a Pearl Jam version, having also not seen Ron play guitar up till this point it was entertaining, and I still think that it\'s kinda cool that no matter what kind of musical talent one has yet to achieve on the guitar, I still find it impressive that the  same energy level can be reached.  GREAT SHOW.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 07:24:08 am »
Quote from: Ren;143056
So what if I feel the need to sound like a wook when describing a show, thats what it feels like.

WOOK! :P
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Nermel9

• the nice girl
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 06:22:07 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;143071
Quote from: Ren;143056
So what if I feel the need to sound like a wook when describing a show, thats what it feels like.

WOOK! :P

Hahaha...I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it Paul! rotfl

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 06:35:59 pm »
when did Walsh throw out the first pitch?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 07:15:39 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;143151

...and since when are there pitcher\'s mounds at biscuits shows?? :confused:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 07:59:23 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;143153
Quote from: Spacey;143151

...and since when are there pitcher\'s mounds at biscuits shows?? :confused:

There are plenty of mounds at Biscuit shows but pitcher\'s mounds, I don\'t believe so. Perhaps Walsh took the night off from the Biscuits for some Baseball, he is a fan I believe.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 06:31:55 am »
So I had a great fucking time at this show. Best time I have had seeing live music in quite a while. I had almost forgotten how much I love TGSOT. Haven\'t heard Spunk in a long time, also SOS, yay. I really love Overexposure.

Despite my affection for Neil Young, I still don\'t like when the cover Rockin\' in the Free World. I think I was at the show where they first covered it (not positive)... didn\'t enjoy it then and I don\'t like it any more now.
Masturbation in the MFA