Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-04-21 - Keene State College; Keene, NH  (Read 8800 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2007-04-21 - Keene State College; Keene, NH
« on: April 23, 2007, 03:20:08 am »
I: The Chase, Episode 1 (Happy) > jam > Tunage > Love Lake > jam > Wake Up In A Coma > Beatbox jam > Superfly Phaddy Fat, Rufus, What The Funk, LDZ > Tunage*, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me** > Message In A Bottle

E: Helter Skelter^

* with Drum Solo.
** with \'Blackbird\' (The Beatles) tease/verse.
 ^ Adrian on guitar; Tim on drums.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 07:26:35 am »
wow, beatbox and message in a bottle? :banghead:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:31:14 am »
I thought I heard a Brimley tease somewhere in the beatbox jam, but I\'m not certain.
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

melanie

• http://
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 11:38:26 am »
my theory there is nothing in the world better than dancing in the sunshine to the music of the breakfast but thats just my opinion what an amazingly beautiful day, even the buildings were glowing during love lake :)

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:16:40 pm »
the calm and mellow \'Blackbird Breakdown\' during Gladys Pimp was cool and the way it kicked back into the crazyness of Gladys . i think the was a \'Iam the Walrus\' tease in Gladys too by Tim.  Adrian steppin off the kit and playin the fukin banister with drumsticks during Rufus was unreal and worth the trip alone.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:49:24 pm »
i had such a great time at this show as opposed to the last show i was at (the knit). loved seeing the band outside... i have no complaints about the set other than the message in a bottle..the beatbox>superfly>rufus>wtf>ldz was great. superfly is and always has been one of my favorite songs and i loved hearing it!! gladys was definitely a highlight as well. i took some horrible pictures at the show--was not in the best condition to be a photographer. i will put them up at some point when i\'m not stuck at a desk in an office like right now.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 02:58:26 pm »
what a fantastic saturday! great crowd, *perfect* weather, and a nonstop well-planned set of music.

Eppy I was fantastic, perfect early set song. this was the first time i actually enjoyed tunage, that song is most certainly growing on me....

... always glad to hear a Coma, and the beatbox jam was hotttness... adrian can honestly make some of the most obscure noises.... honestly, who needs the Korg? ;)

gladys = enough said. always a great tune, i didn\'t think i had the energy in me at the end of the set to keep with the pace but i surprised myself!

mamalaka thanks for the ride up there despite the 420 haze i put you in on friday...thanks to ilzniche zuke583 and vindheim for the good company and drunken fool entertainment....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 05:47:38 pm »
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;142962
i had such a great time at this show as opposed to the last show i was at (the knit). loved seeing the band outside... i have no complaints about the set other than the message in a bottle..the beatbox>superfly>rufus>wtf>ldz was great. superfly is and always has been one of my favorite songs and i loved hearing it!! gladys was definitely a highlight as well. i took some horrible pictures at the show--was not in the best condition to be a photographer. i will put them up at some point when i\'m not stuck at a desk in an office like right now.

come to applebees.

Quote from: princesscaspian;142967
what a fantastic saturday! great crowd, *perfect* weather, and a nonstop well-planned set of music.

Eppy I was fantastic, perfect early set song.

honestly, just about the most perfect song for the weather.. how could you not just look around and smile? i love that tune.

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 06:26:32 pm »
Keene was an amazing time, my face was killing me from smiling so much. The set was great and so were the people. Everyone I met in Keene was so friendly and that really made the atmosphere at the show great. The show was amazing and is was so great to be outside in the sun.  sorry to those of you who did not make it but…BEST late night EVER.
Thanks to all the wonderful people in Keene for their hospitality.
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 07:39:42 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;142973
Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya;142962

come to applebees.

:lol: it\'s probably best you didnt come to applebees. it was quite the scene.
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

peaches626

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 09:18:45 pm »
yes i dont know how late night has not gotten a mention yet.
maybe it is just best to be remembered in the minds of those who were there.
maybe not.
good folks all around at a ser house party, lots of tim and adrian jamming with people crowding into a room no bigger than a midget hookers taint.  there was about 20 mins of a breakfast show in the middle of it all as ron spears made a surprise appearance.  truthfully i only remember that good times bad times was played with all three members of the breakfast. i know there wer a couple other tunes. :idunno:
after that many random jams ensued with a variety of people on instruments. chadwick held down on bass for a bit early on. some keene dude raged a bunch of phish tunes on bass with tim and adrian late night.  sick stash to end the night.  anyone who was not there missed a wild night of music.  Keene had much love for the breakfast. new hampshire.  for damn sure.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 01:07:17 am »
late night:
Chadwick + Adrian: jam
Bfast: Shakedown Street, Good Times Bad Times (both songs instrumental/ sung by crowd)
Tim Adrian and Jeff(random kid): YEM (w/peanuts theme), Stash, Frankenstien, Mikes Song (aborted due to broken bass pedal),

i know there was more but thats all i wrote down. there were pretty much infinity zappa teases including cosmic debris and eat that question, and some girl busted her ass real bad. it should be noted that multiple people were getting up and jamming out the boys, pretty much making these kids\' dreams come true.
oh yea, i\'m pretty sure papa peck played drums at one point
caress me, aunt jemima

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 12:49:42 pm »
Rufus had "Brimley" instead of Rufus as well as "I have diabetes" banter....
The railing part of the drum solo was amazing.  Old school Animal beating the shit outta whatever he can reach at its finest.....

The Gladys w/ Blackbird was ser.  Spontinaity and inspiration to the next level.

Love Lake and Eppy 1 also ruled the first outdoor show of 2007.

Definitely missed the latenight house party.  Too busy chattin Brimley with the elder statesmen (and newb for life) of the run.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:58:50 pm by Stephengencs »
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 02:34:09 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;143007
Definitely missed the latenight house party.  Too busy chattin Brimley with the elder statesmen of the run.

:lol: hey, I\'m not .....THAT...... old! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bonzo

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 02:57:21 pm »
AT the late night Weekapaug Groove was also played it was very very headie