Author Topic: At least 22 dead in Virginia school shooting  (Read 4462 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
At least 22 dead in Virginia school shooting
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 04:41:59 pm »
The daughter of a woman that I work with was in the dorm where the first murder took place. Fortunately she\'s okay, but her mother was a wreck. Completely unecessary. It might be time to look into why it is so easy for someone to obtain a gun, legally or illegally in this country. Since we don\'t live in a time where colonial tyrany (excluding George W. Bush) is a problem, it might be time to take a look at the legitimacy of the 2nd Ammendment.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 04:46:02 pm »
Ryan....Good God its been too long broseph....
Hope you are well...
Glad to hear your coworkers daughter was not amongst the unfortunate ones......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 06:33:01 pm »
what a mess this situation is.  i thought i had it tough last night with that storm and a branch lodging into my roof...then i wake up to hear about this and i was thanking god to be in the situation i was in.  these poor kids.  it was just a huge massacre.  shame the gunman killed himself, i would\'ve preferred to hear that he was being brutally raped and beaten behind bars for the rest of his life...hope that doesn\'t offend anyone.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:37:02 pm by stefpav »
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 07:15:36 pm »
Has it been confirmed that the gunman killed himself? Last i heard they were still unclear as to if he was killed by police or if he had taken his own life. I also heard that they reported the gunman had 2 pistols and many rounds of ammo. Nothing has been released that pertains to who the gunner.

Has anyone heard anything about who the victims were?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 07:20:11 pm »
gunman killed himself, pretty sure that was confirmed on the 3.5 minutes of news I watched. had to turn it off though cos it sickened me that the president of the university admitted that they had not canceled classes after the dorm incident because they \'thought it was an isolated incident that was over and done\'. something like that anyway. they only said the gunman was an asian-american, did not know if it was a current or former student.

on a lighter note. do the roommates of the deceased get straight A\'s for the semester? (sorry, had to do it, as awful and cruel it may be)
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 07:24:48 pm »
I assume that it was a male student from the science and engineering department.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 07:28:09 pm »
like ant said, it was confirmed on the news (i believe right after Bush gave his 2 second speech) that the gunman committed suicide.  they have no idea if he\'s even a student (which i think he is) because he had no identification on him.  they\'re also saying that he was probably the same shooter for both incidences, but are not sure....what f\'n bullshit.  they should know all of this by now.  

as for victims, they said that they were still in the process of IDing bodies.  i was under the impression that this process is going to take them until tomorrow because they said they wanted to do a really thorough job...and then they\'ll start the investigation of motive, and who this killer was, and all that jazz.
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

peaches626

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 08:30:25 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;142240
Since we don\'t live in a time where colonial tyrany (excluding George W. Bush) is a problem, it might be time to take a look at the legitimacy of the 2nd Ammendment.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

however tragic this situation may be, i dont think i agree with your statement...
people should always be able to protect themselves
if your saying only the governement (i.e. police or other law enforement) should have access to guns, i would remind you that criminals will always find a way to obtain guns if they want.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 09:42:42 pm »
:rip:
caress me, aunt jemima

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 01:16:52 am »
Quote from: peaches626;142275
Quote from: Yoda;142240
Since we don\'t live in a time where colonial tyrany (excluding George W. Bush) is a problem, it might be time to take a look at the legitimacy of the 2nd Ammendment.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

however tragic this situation may be, i dont think i agree with your statement...
people should always be able to protect themselves
if your saying only the governement (i.e. police or other law enforement) should have access to guns, i would remind you that criminals will always find a way to obtain guns if they want.

True Dat!!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 07:15:31 am »
i disagree. you are not trained in crisis mediation, therefore you having a gun in a crisis is a bad idea.

yes, i understand that american have the right to their guns. hell, i literally live in the shadow of the nra\'s national headquarters and museum building. however, to say that arming people will make things safer is the most assinine thing i\'ve ever heard. yes, people kill people. but guns sure do make it a hell of a lot easier!

peaches626

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 08:02:29 am »
im sayin
criminals will always have guns
so taking them away from non criminals doesnt seem fair to me

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 09:03:23 am »
I understand where you are coming from; my brother-in-law is a federal agent and he has to carry everywhere he goes.  What I\'m saying is that we make it too easy to obtain a gun.  I personally don\'t own a gun and refuse to allow one in my home besides my brother-in-law, but I think that if you are going to allow people to own a gun for protection, it should be for the home only, we don\'t need gun-toting civilians walking through NYC or Boston or whatever your local city is.  I\'ve been in some states like Virginia where I saw a biker carrying a Colt 45 as he was going into a 7-11 to get coffee; is that really necessary?  I\'m not saying ban all guns, but there should definitely be restrictions on where you can carry your legally obtained gun and stricter means in which you can obtain a gun.  Those of you that know me, know that I\'m not a huge fan of cops and such, but they\'re trained professionals paid to deal with criminals, we\'re not and shouldn\'t take it into our own hands to supply justice (that would make you a criminal also).  How often do you really find yourself in a situation that requires you to have a gun?  If you find yourself in that situation often, then you might need to rethink why that is and there might be some personal decisions to make that would keep you out of those situations.  Owning a gun is not the answer, learning how to deal with your environment and being well-informed about the non-violent means available to you might be a better solution.  

Just my 2-cents.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

peaches626

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 09:25:03 am »
hey, i\'d never want to shoot a person

and i imagine a gun-toting civilian isn\'t likely to use their weapon unless a gun-toting psycho criminal came around

basically, i think this psychonutbag would have obtained a gun and shot all these innocent people regardless of gun possession laws... he was obviously planning something out

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 09:27:52 am »
They should ban guns the way they have banned drugs....
I mean there isnt a drug problem anymore so, if we ban guns then all these disgusting acts will just go away......
But you can make a bomb out of fertilizer and other household chemicals......so lets ban those too......
Shit is always gonna happen.  Its called life.......  that is why we should enjoy every day like it may be our last one......cause you never know...........
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph