Author Topic: Help your .info Admins help out a good cause!  (Read 5673 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Help your .info Admins help out a good cause!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 08:44:23 pm »
THANK YOU DELFUNK1!!!

Total match due to dave: $15
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 09:01:49 pm »
Your Welcome, anything for a good cause!
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 10:46:17 am »
THANK YOU miss ulee and mr. delfunk! :D

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 08:26:36 pm »
who\'s this Tom Cosgrove guy, and where can I get in touch with him to donate be that much?

Dave, I\'ve concocted a plan for donating to the two of you, but it requires a little work on your part to keep track of. On Tuesday\'s I am going to start paying $12/game, the extra $2/game to go to the ride. Should be enough weeks before the thing to make it like $25-30 for each of ya.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 06:01:25 am »
tuesday is poker night if I remember, so thanks Anthony! Yea, Dave will def have to track that one.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 01:56:54 pm »
thanks ChrisPitch!

and ant, great idea, thanks! i\'ll put out the piggy bank next week.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 03:15:33 pm »
I\'d like to take this time to commend Dave and Paul and everyone else who are joining together to fight ALS, a horrific disease whose effects I\'ve witnessed firsthand.

In my job as a sports writer for the North Haven Courier, I wrote a story on a man named Paul Carr, who used to coach American Legion baseball in Hamden, a suburb of New Haven. Paul was was diagnosed with ALS about a year-and-half ago and as you all probably know it is not something from which you recover. A good friend of Paul\'s, Charlie Flanagan, who coaches North Haven\'s American Legion baseball team, joined forces with Paul\'s wife, Kate, to help raise money in order to fight ALS. As of December, which was the time that I learned of their efforts, nearly $70,000 had been raised that went to the Connecticut chapter of the ALS Association and the Yale University School of Medicine’s Department of Neurology. Their goal is to raise $500,000.

Additionally, Coach Flanagan asked if I would write an article on Paul Carr that detailed the fund-raising efforts and talked about aspects of his coaching career, his relationship with Flanagan, and just the overall kind and funny person that Paul is. I twice interviewed Paul, Kate, and Coach Flanagan at the Carr house, and though it was difficult to see someone is such a weakened condition, the strength that all three of them--especially Paul--displayed in discussing ALS and their efforts to fight and ultimately defeat it, is something that will remain inside my heart and mind for the rest of my life. It really puts things into perspective to see people be so strong in the face of such a tragic situation. It was my honor to write the story and was an equal honor to have Paul, Kate, and Coach Flanagan commend me on my effort. I truly felt like I had done something good by writing an article that helped raise awareness about something so bad.

My experience with this situation made me want to donate to the cause of Paul, Kate, and Coach Flanagan\'s fight of ALS, which I did. And when I found out about Dave and Paul Ryan\'s efforts, I certainly wanted to do the same.

I encourage everyone who reads this do make a donation, regardless of the amount. It is true what they say: every bit makes a difference.

Thank you for reading this.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:54:20 pm by ChrisPitch »

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 03:30:31 pm »
never knew that chris, that is impressive that you wrote the story. I hope it was able to raise some more interest in the drive they were doing and that you got them some additional donations as a result of your writing.

Also, thanks for the help in ours!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 06:40:44 am »
Thank you Robyn! :thumbsup:

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 10:32:02 am »
Thanks DB!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 10:45:56 am »
I\'m happy to help a good cause.  

Paul,
I\'m going to be up in the area over the summer for a couple things related to my sister\'s wedding.  If you\'re interested in getting together for pint, send me your phone number and I\'ll give you a ring a couple days before.

Ryan
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 11:37:17 am »
Thanks Lisa and Dave!

now where\'s my muggy cruller? :P

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 05:43:01 pm »
Thanks Holly!!!

i was in a slump for a couple days. was nice to see the email before! :)

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 07:57:30 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;142145
Thanks Holly!!!

:that:

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 07:50:53 am »
thanks Al Z!!!