Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-04-06 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 20770 times)

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
Setlist: 2007-04-06 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 11:18:15 am »
wish i could have made it last night! ugh.. would have loved to see jordan sit in. hope to see some more local shows coming up.

Quote from: davepeck;141395

:wah:

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 11:22:31 am »
Looks like another great show AND Part II tonight in Asbury Park, ya\'ll have fun.  You Lucky Bastards.
You Lucky Bastards!

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 11:23:18 am »
Rons Tom Sawyer antics were great.. still not use to him so out in front and takin the spotlight like that. and during Intension...forgetaboutit
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 11:28:46 am »
Quote from: DocEllis70;141404
Rons Tom Sawyer antics were great.. still not use to him so out in front and takin the spotlight like that. and during Intension...forgetaboutit

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 11:33:05 am »
Quote from: DocEllis70;141404

I thought he was going to blow a vocal chord during Intension.  It\'s great hearing him so in the zone.

From where I was standing I couldn\'t hear Jordan on the keys, but then again I could barely hear them at all during the show. Anyone else have that problem?
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 11:47:47 am »
Last night was truly magnificent.  Definitely top notch, many highlights, Puppetry\'s \'quebus like parts always make me want to hear it so needless to say I was glad to hear that too, Caitlin and Adrian, what can ya say?  But my favorite moment was TLANTG>OE, it\'s one of those songs that I kinda forget about cuz I\'m used to just missing it, I think the last time I saw it I really didn\'t see it cuz it was separated with the Over Exposure first i believe.  Ya see, I have this habit of just missing songs I REALLY wanna hear so I was glad I didn\'t miss this one, so... now I guess I have no choice but to go to The Saint...
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

rcoster38

• blue
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 12:02:55 pm »
im sorry, but i think the band sounds like garbage

since theyve gone 3-piece it just sounds like a big muddy (and really loud) wall of noise with no real texture or direction.  you can barely hear timmy in the mix, all you hear is a loud swell in the wall of noise, followed by adrian hitting his drums really hard, and a bunch of drunk people puttin their hands up.  timmy is this bands obvious strength, but he has been stretched too thin by having to fill in for two parts, and he no longer stands out as the guitar wizard that he is.

this band obviously needs some keys to give it some direction, and im not sure im going to go out of my way to see them anymore until they do (if they do).  i had a sad realization last night that i dont really like their new sound at all, and the only feeling that these guys give me now is a pounding in my ear drums

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 12:38:15 pm »
wow...look at me...my first post and i\'ve been on here for about 2 years...anywho, the boys sounded great last night (it was my first time seeing them without jordan).  there were some "muddy" sections that i noticed, but overall the performance was fantastic.  you can definately hear each individual wailing out and they sound pretty together.  I kinda wish timmy would just stick to playing the guitar though instead of trying to multi-task.  and it was great seeing jordan up there with them last night...who knows, maybe in the future they\'ll all be back together.  

happy easter to those who celebrate, and for those going to jersey: have a blast!!! and stay safe

:wave:
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2007, 12:45:02 pm »
Welcome Stefpav, glad to see you had a good time.
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2007, 01:05:05 pm »
first of all,i think rory is smokin his shoes and socks...are u ser?????????
anyone who dosent think this is the best rock band in the northern hemisphere is completely clueless..holy shit i was blown outta the water once again last night..
from beginning to end a downright epic show.the chase opener spread the funk good and thick.folks were diggin on it.the puppetry was stellar.the buquebus was from outerspace.i remember gettin down somethin ugly with the untzuntzuntzuntz brothers(walshie/kirby).adrian just kept bumpin it up and bumpin it up.
i completely lost my voice during intension.hands down my favorite newer breakfast tune.
mvp of the night=SAVE FUCKING SPEARS.
dude was LAYING IT DOWN SOMETHIN FUNKY ALL NIGHT.
i love this band.i love the fam.i love toads place.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

rcoster38

• blue
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 01:23:04 pm »
buquebus had a few good moments, but mostly noise

good things was good because you could actually hear the notes that were being played

other than that, the only reason i can "hear" the rest of the songs is because i already know how they are supposed to go

if i had never heard any breakfast songs before, they would all sound like the same sloppy noisefest

<<< feels frustrated

(i left for the 2nd set btw, which i never ever thought i would ever do, but here we are)

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 02:00:05 pm »
good turnout lastnight?

freddie, you should be in the van today on the way down to NJ!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 02:17:26 pm »
Quote from: rcoster38;141408
im sorry, but i think the band sounds like garbage

since theyve gone 3-piece it just sounds like a big muddy (and really loud) wall of noise with no real texture or direction.  you can barely hear timmy in the mix, all you hear is a loud swell in the wall of noise, followed by adrian hitting his drums really hard, and a bunch of drunk people puttin their hands up.  timmy is this bands obvious strength, but he has been stretched too thin by having to fill in for two parts, and he no longer stands out as the guitar wizard that he is.

this band obviously needs some keys to give it some direction, and im not sure im going to go out of my way to see them anymore until they do (if they do).  i had a sad realization last night that i dont really like their new sound at all, and the only feeling that these guys give me now is a pounding in my ear drums

Wow just Wow. I feel ya but garbage? Wow.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 02:31:02 pm »
rory,any way u slice/dice it you=my boy.it saddens me to think that the band might have lost yet another fan.im hopin youll change your mind.dont give up hope.these guys are doin their best.
colin,tommorow=easter.me=the easter bunny.
the crowd last night was subpar,per usual.i thought around 4hundred but i think the count was 250.not good.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 03:03:48 pm »
i think Tims vocals are really not doin it for me with songs like Puppetry. too much like he\'s trying to sing a ballroom style or jazz style or something. Not dark enough.

if you can actually say the band sounds like garbage and mean it though im not sure if its music for you because the sound comming out of the THREE of them is bigger than anything ive heard and tight as can be. the sound quality will always be something to work on but i think they are eons ahead of other bands and will be getting better. who would you rather see if youre all done with the Breakfast ,just out of curiosity? ..and adrian has always banged the schnot out of his drums and he keeps up the pace and grooves all night
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..