Author Topic: .info Torrent Tracker [VERY BETA!]  (Read 3551 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
.info Torrent Tracker [VERY BETA!]
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:16:08 pm »
soo....

the official word from the powers that be about releasing the Switch Up show was, .info = ok; rest of intraweb = not so much.

so i knew of a torrent tracker product for vbulletin, and i\'ve been thinking about hooking it up for things just like this. figured with the Switch Up show, i may as well give it a whirl..

i don\'t expect it to get too much use, but it will be good for when things like this pop up. perhaps we could get the ok to even release some of the old Diesel Experiments here...

the installation is VERY barebones right now. basically just enough to get the Switch Up torrent up and moving. i\'ll be working on a lot of the other bells and whistles tomorrow.

please note that this is NOT a public tracker. it\'s also not for just anyone here to upload anything. the purpose of the tracker will be strictly for breakfast-related shows that are to remain in our community.

soooo.. go hop on the Switch Up torrent in the Score forum, and i\'ll have more on this whole thing tomorrow. bed time for now.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 12:21:42 am »
Very Cool.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 01:45:16 am »
Quote from: davepeck;140515
perhaps we could get the ok to even release some of the old Diesel Experiments here...

Please? Pretty please?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:49:39 am »
talk to timmy
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 10:37:25 am »
Quote from: Me!;140525
perhaps we could get the ok to even release some of the old Diesel Experiments here...

Please? Pretty please?

Dave. Tim gave the OK on some of the Diesel Experiments I have and they were very popular at bt.etree.org. The Zappa Experiment was a big hit there.

Also if you ever want to just upload to the server for direct download you can do that as well. I can either give you access to my personal space or you could just upload it to .info No worries there.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 10:43:11 am »
^^^^would that be like archive style
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:51:36 am »
Quote from: derickw;140558

sort of. meaning that you would not need to have a bit torrent client to download them
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 10:59:11 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;140564
Quote from: derickw;140558

sort of. meaning that you would not need to have a bit torrent client to download them

well i don\'t mind using bittorrent but the file sharing in/out because i download at work because of the connection speed
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 11:58:45 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;140557
Quote from: Me!;140525

Please? Pretty please?

Dave. Tim gave the OK on some of the Diesel Experiments I have and they were very popular at bt.etree.org. The Zappa Experiment was a big hit there.

Also if you ever want to just upload to the server for direct download you can do that as well. I can either give you access to my personal space or you could just upload it to .info No worries there.

thanks mike.. i may take you up on that, though ideally, i\'d like to get the BT thing fully working, just to promote the idea of sharing a little bit more. plus the fact that it\'s something that is fully integrated with the forum is a good thing.

but i dunno.. at the moment it\'s barely working -- just enough for people to upload/download. i\'m going to be working on it, but it\'s quite possible that i have vbulletin too heavily modified and it\'s not playing nice with something. we\'ll see though..

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 07:48:58 pm »
Great work, Dave.

And speaking of releasing Diesel Experiments, what about some Naked Society/Mokijam?
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)