Author Topic: The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread  (Read 63426 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2007, 01:01:01 pm »
nice start to the yanks/bosox series last night
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2007, 01:36:50 pm »
Yankees pitching is absolutely horrendous.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2007, 02:52:56 pm »
Quote from: ESPN.com;
Yankees 8-13

What is up with that?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2007, 04:36:09 pm »
There pitching is beyond disgusting. From starters to closers, they suck. Granted a lot of the starters are hurt but they are going to wear out there relief pitchers by mid season.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2007, 02:46:19 pm »
matsuzaka is really earning those big bucks. he let up 7 runs last night to the mariners...the mariners! their rbi leader is at 15 and they barely have anyone hitting over .300 (two at .305). over his last three starts he has let up 17 runs in just 18 innings along with 15k. basically 1k and 1 run per inning. its crazy to see that theyve actually won all three of those games too. he has only pitched against 1 team (out of 6) that had a winning record and it was the mariners at 3-2. this guy is a chump. tell him to lay off the twinkies before he starts looking like david wells.
Smell my mule.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2007, 03:20:59 pm »
Attention Yankee Fans.....
Roger Clemens just announces after the God Bless America, from the owners box, that he will be back in pinstripes.....
Just picked him up in my fantasy league.....WORD!
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2007, 03:49:02 pm »
its a good thing i drafted him. i knew he would be back sooner rather than later.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2007, 12:34:50 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;144554
Roger Clemens just announces after the God Bless America, from the owners box, that he will be back in pinstripes.....

:pissed:  I heard about this, but honestly if anybody needs the pitching....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2007, 06:15:54 pm »
Quote from: Me!;144611
Quote from: Stephengencs;144554

:pissed:  I heard about this, but honestly if anybody needs the pitching....

Ah come on Chris, like it\'s gonna help the Yankees anyway. That team is lost. Even w/ A-Rod having one of the best Aprils ever they still flounder.

and just incase you may be bewildered by this post so far, Bosox still Suck!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2007, 09:22:01 am »
padres are looking good so far. besides a few blown games (2 by hoffman and 1 by linebrink) in the last 10 days, their bullpen has been incredible so far this year.

though they may be older and close to their final years, wednesday night maddux takes the mound in atlanta against smoltz. this is going to be a classic matchup and most likely the last time they would ever face each other. i am really looking forward to this matchup especially when they have to pitch to each other.
Smell my mule.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2007, 11:21:15 am »
Surprisingly my Fantasy is doing really well, unfortunately the Yankees are not, although the only Yankee I have is Rivera on my team.

I am looking forward to Bonds breaking the HR record on the road and A-Rod breaking it 10 years down the road from that.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2007, 12:03:18 pm »
Quote from: leith;144650

Ah come on Chris, like it\'s gonna help the Yankees anyway. That team is lost. Even w/ A-Rod having one of the best Aprils ever they still flounder.

and just incase you may be bewildered by this post so far, Bosox still Suck!

He\'ll still be a help. But really the money might have been better spent getting a pitcher who can make it longer than 5.9whatever innings. (Alright, we\'ll say 6.) Especially with the lack of depth in their bullpen.

I just hope they don\'t wear out/injure the old feller.
Masturbation in the MFA

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2007, 06:55:34 pm »
leith you\'re out of your gord.  our pitchers are unstoppable, and if the sox could hit when daisuke pitches (besides the last game) he would probably be undefeated like beckett.it\'s only a matter of time until manny and papi start ragin it.  you cant win em all, but the sox are goin real far this year.  i bet the  yankees dont even make the playoffs
*Gia*

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2007, 12:54:13 am »
Boy, this thread sure has been boring this year without me!  

Went to the game today on a whim after taking mom to brunch and a museum.  Scored a nice $40-face-value seat for $15 in the bottom of the 1st.  And what do I get?  A 6-run ninth inning rally to win 6-5.  OMG I love these guys.  With the AL East crown and Super Bowl XLII already locked up, this city is one clutch lottery ping-pong ball away from total big-3 sports domination.  It is new though, as a Sox fan, being in a situation where anything besides a championship would be a failure.  I mean, this team is so good and built for postseason play.  Fortunately most Sox fans have been through this recently with the Patriots so it\'s not completely new.  But wow, the Boston Red Sox are the indisputable favorite to win the World Series.  The preceding statement has only existed as fact for 24 hours before now; that being the 24 hours between game 3 and game 4 of the 2004 World Series.  See you in October!  (Unless you\'re a Yankees fan.  Say something now Yankees fan, cause come October it\'s gonna be cricket city in the Bronx!)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:02 am »
i am almost positive this is not common knowledge as i just heard about it this morning. a kid i work with has a brother and also a friend who work at espn. turns out clemens late start last year was not due to a holdout for a bigger contract nor was it due to the fact that he was out of shape or undecided about his baseball future. it was due to the fact that he had failed a drug test (steroids). instead of the league banning him for 50 games with a public announcement, they decided to just have him wait about 50 games into the season before he signed with a team. this way one of their most recognizable and well known players wouldnt fall into the same group as the juiced up homerun hitters. i know clemens name has come up occasionally when steroids are mentioned but i dont think anything has ever happened from all of it. baseball officials and players really need to clean up their act.
Smell my mule.