Author Topic: The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread  (Read 62418 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2007, 04:43:55 pm »
that was awesome.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2007, 05:09:19 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;141438
Where are all the haters now?

This is much bigger than just a walk off.

This is a 1,000 lb. monkey off a man\'s back.

This is equivilant to Peyton Manning beating the Pats in the playoffs.

This is a superstar with a relieved and renewed psyche.

The sleeping giant has awoken.

are you kidding me? youre comparing a-rods bottom of the ninth grand slam (in their second series of the season against baltimore, none the less) to peyton finally beating the pats in the PLAYOFFS and earning a spot in the superbowl? i sure hope youre joking. that at bat means nothing. they were losing to one of the worst teams in the AL (they lost the series today actually) no one has really questioned arods skills during the regular season so i still dont see this as anything big. lets see how well he does in this situation when the playoffs come in to play.
Smell my mule.

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2007, 05:41:17 pm »
and so the mets lose 2 out of 3 to the Braves just like its supposed to be.  mets fans don\'t expect a season as easy as last season.  what i mean is no division title for them.  looks like the braves have the mets number again.  anyways it was a really good pitching battle, until the braves bats exploded in the bottom 8th.  McCann and Franceur are going ot have monster seasons this year.  Wright is way overrated.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2007, 08:31:52 am »
Well Toronto is an Offensive POWERHOUSE and Burnett is back on track.  Let\'s get a good start from Gustavo tonight.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 01:41:27 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;141490
Quote from: wildcoyote;141438
Where are all the haters now?

This is much bigger than just a walk off.

This is a 1,000 lb. monkey off a man\'s back.

This is equivilant to Peyton Manning beating the Pats in the playoffs.

This is a superstar with a relieved and renewed psyche.

The sleeping giant has awoken.

are you kidding me? youre comparing a-rods bottom of the ninth grand slam (in their second series of the season against baltimore, none the less) to peyton finally beating the pats in the PLAYOFFS and earning a spot in the superbowl? i sure hope youre joking. that at bat means nothing. they were losing to one of the worst teams in the AL (they lost the series today actually) no one has really questioned arods skills during the regular season so i still dont see this as anything big. lets see how well he does in this situation when the playoffs come in to play.

I just had this conversation with someone at work today, he was saying that people should stop talking shit about A-Rod now (cause he hit another bomb tonight), but exactly as booztravlr said it wasn\'t about the regular season with him he was chokin in the post season.  We\'ll see how he\'s doing in September.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2007, 09:54:14 am »
yowza 14 to 3 win for the bosox against seattle yesterday. thats a :doh: sooory chip for seattle\'s horrible pitching. oh yeah and ichiro(don\'t know how to spell) struck out at least like 3 times. What a sluaghter-fest :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:11:54 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2007, 10:36:13 am »
that was seattles first game in 6 days which explains the poor defense and rusty bats. seattle is not entirely filled with poor pitching either. wait until you see felix hernandez tonight. this kid is nasty. he came on strong in the second half of last year. i think he had a dozen or so K\'s in his first outing. he is able to go deep into games which allows seattle to pass on their middle releivers and go straight to putz who is not an amazing closer but he can get the job done. its going to be a great pitchers duel when hernandez squares off against matsuzaka tonight in his boston debut. hopefully seattle has some offense show up.

padres played like crap defensively early on last night and just couldnt recover. they have lost 3 games this year by a total of 4 runs. hopefully some breaks will fall their way soon.
Smell my mule.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2007, 12:39:34 pm »
1. A-Rod When I compared it Manning in the playoffs I was 100% serious.  A-Rod\'s demons were much broader than Manning\'s.  It was bigger than not performing in the playoffs.  A-Rod was having problems in all pressure situations.  Last year he really appeared to be having some sort of emotional break down.  Sure it\'s only April, but he really needed this.  He has his confidence back and that is evident in his play, and demeanor on the field.  For the first time since he came to the Yankees he\'s dominating games. (which he didn\'t do even in his MVP year of \'05)

2. MLB scheduling I\'ve been meaning to post about this.  How stupid is this?  Early April games in New York, and Cleveland with snow!  It only makes sense to try to schedule season openers in warmer climates/ domes.  In many parts of the country early April is still winter.  In the American League: Anaheim, Texas, Oakland, Seattle, Minnesota, Toronto, Tampa all offer relatively warm playing environments.  That is exactly half of the league.  With risk of injury to players and cancelation of games, teams like NY, Boston, Cleveland etc. should start the season with 2 series on the road. Always.

3. Anyone else miss Harold Reynolds on Baseball Tonight?
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 01:08:17 pm »
1 - ARod is no Jeter.  Never was.  Never will be.

2 - They should suck it up, they are supposed to be professionals

3 - Though I havent caught baseball tonight so far this season (didnt realize H Reynolds was gone), but I definitely liked him on the show.  He is very knowledgeable and somewhat entertaining......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2007, 03:23:19 pm »
fenway debut for daisuke tonite !!!  cant wait for this shit
*Gia*

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2007, 03:48:02 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;141828

he definitely looked like the real deal in his major league debut.  However most pitchers look good when they face batters who have never ever ever faced them before......  Lets see how he\'s doing post all-star break before all you red sox fans start sucking eachothers pricks....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2007, 08:52:06 pm »

he looks more like dice clay out there tonight

so i got my tongue up this chick\'s ass right...
Smell my mule.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2007, 01:14:15 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;141775
seattle is not entirely filled with poor pitching either. wait until you see felix hernandez tonight. this kid is nasty.

He certainly proved that tonight, pitching a 1 hitter against the big bats of Boston, Dice-K pitched well but to no avail.

Quote from: Stephengencs;141838

he definitely looked like the real deal in his major league debut.  However most pitchers look good when they face batters who have never ever ever faced them before......  Lets see how he\'s doing post all-star break before all you red sox fans start sucking eachothers pricks....

granted, it\'s still very early in the season.

but he\'s a good pitcher you can\'t really argue that. He was considered the best pitcher in Japan, which is no small feat.  Will he be the hottest shit in the MLB? :shrug: But he\'s def a good pitcher, and a good addition to the Red Sox rotation, so we\'re always gonna be excited to see him pitch.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 01:15:29 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2007, 01:31:17 am »
We just got DirectTV at my house purely so we can get NESN, since cable is no longer doing "Extra Innings"  Honestly I prefer it this way, cause now we get all the pre and post game coverage, and I can watch the "Sox in 2" games when I get home from work at 1am.  Color me stoked. :) :biggrin:

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2007, 07:22:50 pm »
said i\'d stay out of this thread, but i need to vent my frustration on the whole jackie robinson day thing. actually, no, I won\'t. nevermind.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"