Author Topic: New Rush Album 5/1/07  (Read 5326 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« on: February 15, 2007, 07:01:33 am »
Start flaming all you haters. Best.band.ever.

Snakes And Arrows

Quote from: Rushblog
Alex Lifeson says new album will be "heavier and more powerful" - The new album is indeed heavier and more powerful - very Hemispherical. :)

According to FMQB.com the first Rush single titled Far Cry from the new album Snakes and Arrows will be released on March 19-20 rather than March 13 as was originally rumored. Yesterday Blabbermouth.net and FMQB.com both reported on the single and rumored tour dates first leaked to the net (via Counterparts) earlier this week. Just to recap, the rumored dates are as follows:

Jun. 13 - Nashville, TN @ Starwood Amphitheater
Jun. 15 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheater
Jun. 16 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheater @ Florida State Fairgrounds
Jun. 18 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheater
Jun. 19 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jun. 27 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center
Jul. 02 - Wantaugh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheater
Jul. 04 - Darien Lake, NY @ Six Flags
Jul. 07 - Homdel, NJ @ PNC Arts Center

Another rumor that I\'ll throw out that I read a few days ago on progarchives.com is that there will be some keyboards and a mellotron on the new album.

source

Snakes And Arrows

:drool:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:19:55 am »
Rush was aksed to do Bonnaroo Festival. They declined. Too busy a schedule with their own tour was the reason given.
Posted by Jesse Z. on 02/15/2007 12:55 AM
source

:wah:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 08:35:13 am »
meh...... RuSh!!!!:banllama:
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 08:42:12 am »
rush is almost as gay a band as yes.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 11:29:55 am »
I was an outspoken Rush hater for a long time, but this past Freakout changed my mind a little.  The Breakast doing Working Man is nasty.  I\'ve heard it on the radio a few times since, and it\'s just a great song.  I\'ve come to the conclusion it\'s the awful falsetto vocals I can\'t stand.  
Def. one of my top 5 tB covers.

sidenote: every time I see Zappa\'s av.  the phrase "Stone Cold Greenwich" comes to mind. :idunno:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:40:49 am by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:38:39 am »
Looking forward to the new album.

Yeah.

Rush.

Wooo.

^^^ Not sarcastic.
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 11:47:06 am »
Quote from: jocelyn;135028
Looking forward to the new album.

Yeah.

Rush.

Wooo.

^^^ Not sarcastic.

:finger:

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 11:50:57 am »
Dude, I like Rush.

Seriously.

I will buy the album, and am looking forward to it.
Masturbation in the MFA

SkyePrizm

• separator
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 12:13:01 pm »
Paul, you know my feelings on Rush.  Excuse me while I vomit in my mouth.  :biggrin:

FrankZappa

• Administrator
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 11:08:27 am »
12 second sound clip on the main sight :drool:

They change time signature like 5 times in it. SOOOOO HEAVY.... The hemispheres refrence is clearly because of the F#7 add 11 at the end.

e-0
b-0
g-3
d-4
a-4
e-2

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 11:12:50 am »
thanks
Masturbation in the MFA

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 11:59:42 am »
Quote from: wildcoyote;135026
I was an outspoken Rush hater for a long time, but this past Freakout changed my mind a little.  The Breakast doing Working Man is nasty.  I\'ve heard it on the radio a few times since, and it\'s just a great song.  I\'ve come to the conclusion it\'s the awful falsetto vocals I can\'t stand.  
Def. one of my top 5 tB covers.

Vocals are my main problem w/ both Rush and Yes. Did these 2 bands have the same lead singer or what? (I know I know they def didn\'t). Anyways, musically I think both of said bands are ser. I will check out the new album but its very doubtful i will buy it.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

FrankZappa

• Administrator
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 12:47:07 pm »
I own everything they have released with the exception of the 8 tracks, 2 albums on LP and the record singles, but they never put out any extra stuff on the singles anyway. I will buy anything they ever release. I\'ve been listening to them and the dead since I was in 5th grade, introduced to both almost at the same time.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 01:27:57 pm »
I\'m such a sucker for good prog rock!  I admit it.  go ahead let the flaming begin...  

for those in need of geat old school progresive jams check out the Norwegian band Gentle Giant.  Google it.  These guys were one of the first to do what everyonelse coppied.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
New Rush Album 5/1/07
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 01:39:02 pm »
Quote from: krispy;135415
I\'m such a sucker for good prog rock!  I admit it.  go ahead let the flaming begin...  

for those in need of geat old school progresive jams check out the Norwegian band Gentle Giant.  Google it.  These guys were one of the first to do what everyonelse coppied.

you need to go listen to litz and stravinsky if you think prog started with gentle giant. Also, I own 2 of their albums. 3friends and octopus. (guessing on the names, it\'s been a few years since I put them on)