Author Topic: Tricky Ways  (Read 9709 times)

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
Tricky Ways
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 12:50:31 pm »
nice calculations Leith... I like this song. it is fun.  the boys look like they\'re having fun whilst playing it, and it has the potential to be monstrous... seriously.. get Jeff Pevar on slide (or tim for that matter) and see what comes ab00t
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
Tricky Ways
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 06:37:07 pm »
when they debuted \'fresh cut\' they played it non stop also..which was cool because i dig that song.  tricky ways on the other hand.....
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tricky Ways
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2006, 04:41:12 pm »
Quote from: leith
Well glad you like it Robyn but as far as a great noob song.
 If that was the first song I heard by them I would never listen to this band again.
It\'s as catchy as a bangkok hooker, fun as having your fingernails pulled and a great song to segue out my ass. IMO

lol

Can\'t say I disagree... especially with that first point. People say..."oh its a great song for noobs they all dig it, look at Strange Creek everyone got down" ... I dunno, maybe so. But all the n00bs I\'ve brought to shows recently have agreed this was the worst song in an otherwise extremely kickass show (Cambrige, Southbridge).

People say it\'s catchy.... I dunno about that either.. what\'s catchy to me is that crazy freakin\' guitar rip towards the end of Puppetry.. or the crazy-fast funky part of Gladys.. or the first three chords of Rufus... or a sweet ballad like Good Things or Question Mark and the Mind.

Different strokes for different folks I reckon. But most everyone I\'ve talked to is either luke warm about this song, saying "its a good song for n00bs", or they hate it.

blah blah blah... I really hate talking shit about my favorite band but ever since I first heard this song right after a SICK Rufus in Cambridge.. I was like WTF is this?? To be quite frank, it was a buzzkill.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Tricky Ways
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2006, 04:52:32 pm »
So let\'s get the final verdict on this one.....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tricky Ways
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006, 04:54:34 pm »
Is there supposed to be a poll here or something?
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
Tricky Ways
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2006, 04:55:28 pm »
look again brah.......
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

ChrisF

Tricky Ways
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2006, 04:58:46 pm »
good song, but i would prefer to hear it at richters instead of at a breakfast show.

Mamalakabubadaya

Tricky Ways
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 05:00:02 pm »
if lovin\' tricky ways is wrong then i don\'t wanna be right

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tricky Ways
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 05:01:02 pm »
Gotcha.... here\'s what I just wrote in the *other* Tricky Ways thread....

you can probably guess what my vote was ;)

Quote from: bdfreetuna
Quote from: leith
Well glad you like it Robyn but as far as a great noob song.
 If that was the first song I heard by them I would never listen to this band again.
It\'s as catchy as a bangkok hooker, fun as having your fingernails pulled and a great song to segue out my ass. IMO

lol

Can\'t say I disagree... especially with that first point. People say..."oh its a great song for noobs they all dig it, look at Strange Creek everyone got down" ... I dunno, maybe so. But all the n00bs I\'ve brought to shows recently have agreed this was the worst song in an otherwise extremely kickass show (Cambrige, Southbridge).

People say it\'s catchy.... I dunno about that either.. what\'s catchy to me is that crazy freakin\' guitar rip towards the end of Puppetry.. or the crazy-fast funky part of Gladys.. or the first three chords of Rufus... or a sweet ballad like Good Things or Question Mark and the Mind.

Different strokes for different folks I reckon. But most everyone I\'ve talked to is either luke warm about this song, saying "its a good song for n00bs", or they hate it.

blah blah blah... I really hate talking shit about my favorite band but ever since I first heard this song right after a SICK Rufus in Cambridge.. I was like WTF is this?? To be quite frank, it was a buzzkill.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
Tricky Ways
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2006, 06:17:09 pm »
When this song first came out, I hated it!  It sounded like many other blues tunes, but then I heard it more & began to really like it.... I had to vote for "Like it sometimes" cuz it\'s getting a bit overplayed at shows, though (IMHO)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
Tricky Ways
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2006, 06:32:05 pm »
it may just be my n00bish ways, but i fuckin love this song.  Listen to the strangecreek version, if you\'re feeling on the fence about this one.  "why d\'you have to be so mean??"

OMS

• Egg-Head
Tricky Ways
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2006, 06:35:07 pm »
i really think its a great song, no it doesn\'t have time changes or is difficult to play, but its such a great fun high energy blues song...every band i love seeing has at least one of these

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tricky Ways
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2006, 07:02:29 pm »
I prefer Memory of a Free Festival when it comes to easy-to-play Breakfast songs...

what ever happened to that gem? :)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Tricky Ways
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2006, 07:18:05 pm »
LOVE IT!

There is nothing wong with a classic high energy blues progression with some great lyrics and RAGING solos over it folks.

I could see it getting old if its overplayed due to its simplicity but ...used sparingly I think its a big boost to thier repertoire and a fun tune for all us and any newbs to boogey down to!

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
Tricky Ways
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2006, 07:52:28 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna
I prefer Memory of a Free Festival when it comes to easy-to-play Bowie songs...

what ever happened to that gem? :)

fixed ;) it gets busted outhere and there.. last time prolly was at Daniel St., 1st part of the encore. homecoming show..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 07:55:38 pm by Buquebus »