Author Topic: Setlist: 2007-02-03 - Mezzanotte Lounge; Syracuse, NY  (Read 11160 times)

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
Setlist: 2007-02-03 - Mezzanotte Lounge; Syracuse, NY
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 04:36:24 pm »
By the way...both the first and second set on 2/3 were opened with a hymnal ode to Broseph......And thank Broseph for that because it was Broseph who saved my ass from a concussion or a broke open skull due to an icy slip while running with 2 handtrucks......
so thank you to Broseph (I refer to The Grillmaster\'s bearded friend as Broseph.  Though no one person is Broseph, he definitely saved my ass that night)
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 07:53:40 pm »
The O.G. Broseph is Will Farrel in "Anchorman"!!!! (or Jack Black depending on your interpretation)
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 09:08:12 am »
Quote from: MakisupaPJ;133638
The O.G. Broseph is Will Farrel in "Anchorman"!!!! (or Jack Black depending on your interpretation)

You\'ve completely missed the point and have angered Broseph in the process....
No one here is claiming to have "invented" the word Broseph, but more like assigned the name Broseph to an indescribable energy and living force.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

peaches626

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 02:38:31 pm »
so klout, i dont get it, are u one of the cuties or the goofball in the middle?
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Eldwayno

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 06:18:53 pm »
The Mezz does get chatty as hell, I had one of my friends from school shouting at me for a while, I just tried to close my eyes and dance ignoring her hoping she\'d quiet down, but it\'s what happens when them SU students go to shows...

Tim, thanks for the utica recording, and will see you there for St. Patricks Day

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 06:58:43 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;133678
You\'ve completely missed the point and have angered Broseph in the process....
No one here is claiming to have "invented" the word Broseph, but more like assigned the name Broseph to an indescribable energy and living force.....

I\'m sorry Steve....by the way I really miss seeing you, the band, and everyone else!!!!! (teaching and my past driving record hase been limiting me).....PJ
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 07:24:26 pm »
Quote from: raoulduke;133773
Plus dave never got back to me verifying i was on the guest list and I couldn\'t afford $50 for my gal and I to gain entrance for two nights without a guest spot.

:confused:

Quote from: raoulduke
i can do friday night, but need to work saturday night so if you need a taper for friday i\'m your man

Quote from: davepeck
the guest list taper slot is open, so if you want it for friday, it\'s yours. thanks!

Quote from: raoulduke
cool, toss me on the guest list for the friday night show if possible, my gal and i will go and ill tape.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007, 07:50:04 pm »
::inserts tbc smiley::
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:33 pm »
Okay this is getting waaay out of hand now.

All I was suggesting was for this dude to chill on the over the top, unfriendly, no-talking-zone enforcement.

I generally don\'t record at the Mezz because the room is just too damn small and cramped for mics .....the recordings come out chatty and it\'s a nightmare protecting your gear at this venue b/c it\'s so damn small

Clearly no bar is a GOOD place to tape.  Its  almost always a tiny space packed to capacity with loud, rowdy, off-balance, beverage holding, oblivious, DRUNK people! Its brave and valiant of you to even attempt taping under these conditions. We understand your heightened anxiety levels  due to these circumstances but cut us some slack and refrain from taking it too far (i.e scolding us for speaking). You have to live with the fact that people are going to talk...probably loudly....probably within a few feet of your mics. I don’t enjoy listening to tapes with lots of loud chatter either, no one really does.....but the fact of the matter is.... ITS AN AUDIENCE RECODING IN BAR. Deal with it.  

I will give y\'all some friendly, free advice though; do not EVER touch gear or threaten to harm gear that belongs to audio or video recordists at shows.  If I ever see anyone even remotely close to grabbing my microphones or gear bag, or waving beer around my stuff, I will not hesitate to physically move you away from my property and I will do it forcefully and without remorse.  

Ummmm....Dude..... chill....seriously....You don\'t need to make violent threats. We understand your situation and position.

No one is threatening or planning to harm or touch your gear or spray it with a champagne bottle. Why would we want to?  We know its expensive and fragile equipment and that your more anal and protective about it than we could ever even comprehend. I can\'t speak for every single person at every tb show but its pretty safe to say that everyone reading this has been to enough shows and has enough common sense to realize that tapers don\'t like their equipment touched, bumped or drenched in beer.

So just have a little faith in that, stand your guard, relax a little bit, enjoy the show, and leave the rough stuff to the bouncers...

mmmkay? :) Thanks in Advance. Klout.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 10:45:30 pm by Klout »

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 12:01:14 am »
Quote from: raoulduke;133816

"note to the skeevey white trash looking taper dude with the jordan hat on"

next time you see that particular taper would you say that to his face?  i don\'t think you would and that\'s what i\'m trying to get at.  tapers may be uptight sometimes and get overbearing with peeps but that doesn\'t give you the right to bad mouth us after the fact.  if you\'ve got a problem settle it right there, don\'t go talking shit about someone after the fact, that\'s what children do, not adults.  if you\'ve got a problem, settle it then verbally in person, don\'t drudge it up in the public forum.

hey fellah ...are you totally brain dead or just a little slow?

your advice is that I should have settled it verbally right then and there.....

think about what your saying broseph.........

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 02:39:20 am »
Man, hostility going on in here...can\'t we all just love some music?

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Wish I could have made it, but I have a 10-day trip to San Fran next month for spring break to finance. This whole Tuneage thing has me interested...can\'t wait until some sort of recording surfaces. The Mezzanote is definitely a small place, but it can draw a crowd. Glad to hear of a good turnout.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Eldwayno

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007, 08:36:39 am »
^^^Yeah, I\'m with you Kate... this thread\'s starting to sound like a whole sorority PMSing^^^

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007, 08:52:05 am »
i know all about tapers and what happens when they\'re not on guard about protecting there equipment. i\'m a pretty big dude and one of my buddies used to pay for me to get into shows if i would stand in front of his recording equipment and keep an extra eye out and i couldn\'t tell you how many time someone has come by and tried to walk behind me and grab on to the mic stand and i just push them right off. it wasn\'t my equipment but i understood what he went through to get all that stuff. people yelling to each other or talking is another story though but most people don\'t understand how sensitive the mics are and how loud they talk especially after drinking all night. i can understand both points and you guys are kind of arguing the same point in a way.

raoulduke, thanks for your efforts they are much appreciated by everyone here and then some. Klout, that guy, if it was the someone was def. a bit over the top but what are you gonna do, some people are just dickheads.
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Branch

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2007, 05:59:38 pm »
]note to the taper dude with the jordan hat on:

:lol: rotfl :point: :thechase: dont fuck with anyone who sports a jordan hat.;)

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2007, 07:36:25 pm »
Quote from: sequia;133905
dont fuck with anyone who sports a jordan hat.;)

Jordan, i don\'t think i\'ve EVER seen u in a hat!  Animal?  Well, that\'s a whole other thread, perhaps ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]