Author Topic: .info really needs a 24 thread...  (Read 10305 times)

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
.info really needs a 24 thread...
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2007, 12:40:30 pm »
:yack2:
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2007, 01:14:09 pm »
I didnt read the spoilers dave posted but last nights episode was a direct ripoff of Die Hard.

using the gun to stop the fan to get in the shaft ?

I was waiting for jack to say

"Come out to the coast, we\'ll get together, have a few laughs..."
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2007, 12:36:37 pm »
it\'s like a bad train wreck you just can\'t turn away from...

loved the russian prez\'s deadline of........ 2 hours. GO FIGURE!

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2007, 12:44:54 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;145351

And you would think that the Russina prez admitting to having a spy would be grounds for war as well but I guess not
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2007, 12:48:57 pm »
and why is josh running up the stairs, in front of cheng, when he knows cheng needs him and isn\'t gonna kill him? why not have a seat on the stairs and let jack come get cheng??

not to mention that if all of your defensive strategies are about to be compromised because this \'component\' fell into the wrong hands, is it really the smartest thing to RUSH INTO A WAR as a result?

those must be some great, necessary strategies if you can come up with a solid battle plan as soon as your old plans are compromised!

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2007, 12:51:14 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;145351

i was laughing so hard when he said 2 hours. just knew that was coming. the only thing that gets me through this show anymore is a couple glasses of scotch. its much more entertaining when youre filling in all the dialogue yourself.

might have to up my dosage of red label next week for the super terrific awesome-a 2 hour season finale! i cant wait to watch over 30 minutes of truck commercials. not to mention the last 20 minutes will probably be bullshit drama with no action that no one is going to care about. leave it to fox to run another great show into the ground.
Smell my mule.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2007, 04:39:07 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;145357
and why is josh running up the stairs, in front of cheng, when he knows cheng needs him and isn\'t gonna kill him? why not have a seat on the stairs and let jack come get cheng??

not to mention that if all of your defensive strategies are about to be compromised because this \'component\' fell into the wrong hands, is it really the smartest thing to RUSH INTO A WAR as a result?

those must be some great, necessary strategies if you can come up with a solid battle plan as soon as your old plans are compromised!

The other thing thats odd. is if the component was so sensitive then why didnt the Russians ask to help search for it ?

They basically said you find it or else. Well wouldn\'t the device being held by the US pose the same issues for the russians ie. we have their codes and could do what WE want ?

You would think they would say we want to be in on the search for the device we will respond with special ops etc to "assist" CTU.

The best line was from MacNichol " Well she is right, he is a sociopath" hilarious

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2007, 05:25:51 pm »
the only thing that keeps me tuned in until the end is to see how right dave\'s spoiler\'s were from last week, and if it is right I definitely wanna see the end of the season, maybe it will make me want to watch next season, but at this rate, probably not. bring back prison break! actually, fuck that, that show went down too, put new episodes of HOUSE on 5 nights a week!
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2007, 11:32:15 am »
Quote from: antbach;145402
the only thing that keeps me tuned in until the end is to see how right dave\'s spoiler\'s were from last week, and if it is right I definitely wanna see the end of the season, maybe it will make me want to watch next season, but at this rate, probably not. bring back prison break! actually, fuck that, that show went down too, put new episodes of HOUSE on 5 nights a week!

Last nights HOUSE was pretty good. That kid was such an asshole :)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2007, 02:41:17 pm »
sorry if this has already been mentioned

http://www.tubewad.com/24-gets-two-more-seasons-1550-p.html

HR reports that Fox has renewed the Jack Bauer Power Hour for another two years; whether this is good news remains to be seen.

The producers recently promised that the next season will completely different from any season to come before it, and that next week\'s season finale will adequately set up this unconventional day in Jack\'s life.

But if they\'re wrong, and Days 7 and 8 turn out to be just like every other day in Jack Bauer\'s life, the show will almost definitely fail to see a 9th.

Besides which: how\'s that movie coming, guys? Still planning on it? You know, that 24 movie? The one you\'ve been talking about for the last couple of years? Got a...got a big stack of script pages? Hunh? Got an obstacle for Jack to overcome? Yeah? Been talking about that since three years ago.

nice family guy (stewie) reference at the end there.
Smell my mule.

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2007, 10:02:17 pm »
terrible ending. really wished the ending was what was in the spoiler. either that or he coulda have gotten ready to shoot himself or jump off the ledge, seeing as that was how it was playing out with the cinematics (i\'m not a director, but the setting, acting, dialogue and music suggested he was about to kill himself). oh well, good thing a new season doesn\'t start until January, gives me plenty of time to completely forget about how good this show USED to be and how AWFUL this season was.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2007, 10:07:39 pm »
umm... yeah. the ending in my spoiler was MUCH better. too bad we\'ll never know who that mystery man was. that ending blew.

weird, cause a lot of other things in the spoiler were spot on. i\'m guessing maybe they had multiple endings, and decided to go with this craptastic one. shitty way to end a shitty season.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2007, 09:39:17 am »
craptastic indeed.

good riddance 24.
Smell my mule.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2007, 11:25:28 am »
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33727

if season 6 wasn\'t enough of a reason, this one will def keep me away from bauer hour 7.
Smell my mule.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2007, 12:03:40 pm »
with the supposed lack of CTU, i\'m still optimistic that the show can make a comeback. hope i\'m right.