Author Topic: setist: tim palmieri 2007-1-05 @ CJ Sparrows, Cheshire, CT  (Read 2672 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
setist: tim palmieri 2007-1-05 @ CJ Sparrows, Cheshire, CT
« on: January 06, 2007, 05:49:47 am »
1. Castles made of sand*, Folsom Prison, Roll Again, Missunderstood, Strawberry Fields forever**>Kodachrome, Boris the spider, Ripple^, Free, Joes Garage^, Walk on the wild side

*broken string, stopped to change after song
**Elanore Rigby tease
^Jazz ending

and that\'s where I had to leave so I could wake up for work. Chris N called a request for "electronica-freeebird", Tim responded that he should come up with some variations, and then did a little "avant-guard freebird". Great to see the could-be-Tims-brother Drew as well as Mark and Evelyn. The first show ever award goes to Steve\'s (not gencs) evil twin, Brian.

Fun show, wish I could have stayed later.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 10:04:45 am »
Pitchie has the full setlist somewhere.

TEN FOOT WOMAN!
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Setlist: 1-5-07, Tim at C.J. Sparrow
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 01:39:56 pm »
I: Jam>Castles Made of Sand (1), Folsom Prison Blues, On the Road Again>Don\'t Let Me Be Misunderstood, Strawberry Fields Forever (2)>Jam>Kodachrome (3), Boris the Spider, Ripple (4), Free, Joe\'s Garage (5), Walk on the Wild Side>What\'s Going On>Hits From the Bong (6)>That\'s Alright Mama, Strange Days>I Won\'t Back Down, Watchin\' the Wheels, Sunshine Superman

II: Jam>Light My Fire (7), Mike\'s Song>Hey Hey What Can I Do, Cocaine (8)>Jam>Johnny B. Goode (9), Boomerang Beer Intro>Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky, That\'s the Way (10), Gumbo (11), Today Was a Good Day (12), Down on the Corner (13), Sir Duke (14), Lady Madonna (15)>Son of Simpleton

1 - Tim breaks a string towards the end, followed by 10-minute break
2 - with Eleanor Rigby tease
3 - with Son of Simpleton tease
4 - Tim urges crowd to drunkedly sign vocal refrain and with \'jazzy\' (really more of a bluesy) ending
5 - several lyric changes referencing "Breakfast boots," "I have Cheshire sleeping here," and "Chris Piccirillo" (a.k.a ChrisPitch) going "to the white zone."
6 - Tim says, "this is your brain on bong hits," makes a series a weird effects, and then says,  "Tim remembers he is the middle of a gig in front of people and that he must play another song."
7 - followed by drunken fool standing in front of the bar and singing, "take out your false teeth mama, and let me suck on your gums!"
8 - with Fergielicisious lyric
9 - followed by drunken fool singing ditty about a "10-foot woman."
10 - followed by drunken fool getting bumped aside by bar patron (Jenny) prior to another attempt at a ditty
11 - with brasciole (pronounced bra-jahl) lyrics
12 - followed by drunken fool being sectioned away by bar management prior to yet another attempt at a ditty
13 - followed by the return of drunken fool, who signs a ditty involving "boom, boom, boom," and "shake, rattle, and roll," with accompaniment from Tim
14 - followed by bar patron (John) taking the mic and telling everyone to stand up for the last few songs
15 - chosen by virtue of audience applause, defeating Touch Me, Paint it Black, and The Man in Me
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 03:37:12 pm by ChrisPitch »

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 03:10:01 pm »
Jesus what the hell happened last night!?
Masturbation in the MFA

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 03:32:24 pm »
So Tim really is playing any kind of Freebird requested in 2007?
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 03:42:05 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;130303
Jesus what the hell happened last night!?

Short answer: An absurdly drunk older gentleman thought he was Bob Dylan, resulting in the immortal "Ten Foot Woman".

Quote from: kyndkate;130305
So Tim really is playing any kind of Freebird requested in 2007?

The claim is that, after "Free Bird" was played only once in 2006, Tim will play it in any style except the original in 2007.  I\'m sure a healthy tip is also involved.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 06:25:38 pm »
A friend of mine who grew up in Cheshire said that drunken fool has been doing the same act for like the last 20 years.

Last night, especially 2nd set, was epic in my opinion. Very fun night, great crowd.

Correction to note #10, that was no bump, that was a full blindside takeout by the Jenster!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 12:57:39 am »
:banghead: stupid job. I knew it was going to be a good show. Wish I could have stayed.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 03:27:02 pm »
I talked to Tim yesterday before he took off for Sidebar...I requested Progressive Jazz Fusion Freebird and he said the only way he would do it is if I hopped on a plane that second and showed up to hear it myself

Sorry I couldn\'t make it, guys...I know you would have loved to hear that :shrug:
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams