Author Topic: gathering of the Vibes - Bridgeport - It is Official  (Read 3741 times)

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
gathering of the Vibes - Bridgeport - It is Official
« on: December 20, 2006, 11:18:12 am »
http://www.gatheringofthevibes.com

Pretty decent line up announced so far.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:21:00 am »
:chin: CT show, Ct band?  hhhmmmmm....
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 12:19:02 pm »
Well they already have DBB on the bill which blows my fucking mind since DBB has been relatively inactive over the past few years.  Will the get The Breakfast on the lineup where we deserve to be (on the main stage as opposed to some shitty timeslot on some shitty side stage) remains to be seen.....

Get your doses folks, because you pretty much have to be tripping your balls off to make any sense of the retarded babbling that comes from the way warped mind and mouth of Wavy Gravey....

No matter what the Bridgeport corridor of 95 is gonna get ugly come mid August.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

inertia1215

• Withdrawn
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 12:29:05 pm »
I will definitely be in CT for his one,  no way i\'m missing this!!
~The world would be a better place if everyone  danced.~

~Turn on, tune in, drop out.~

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 12:37:27 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;128876
Well they already have DBB on the bill which blows my fucking mind since DBB has been relatively inactive over the past few years.  Will the get The Breakfast on the lineup where we deserve to be (on the main stage as opposed to some shitty timeslot on some shitty side stage) remains to be seen.....

While I think it would be cool for The Breakfast to get a high visibility slot I wonder how you come to the conclusion that they "deserve" a main stage slot.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 12:38:09 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;128876

Get your doses folks, because you pretty much have to be tripping your balls off to make any sense of the retarded babbling that comes from the way warped mind and mouth of Wavy Gravey....

No matter what the Bridgeport corridor of 95 is gonna get ugly come mid August.....

Well in 2000 the traffic was sucky but only on 1 exit. If you knew your way around Bridgeport it wasn\'t so bad and could be avoided. Metro North Goes there as well as amtrak so that is very helpful to folks They ran shuttles in 2000 form the train sta.

Wavy Gravy. he tells the same stories every year. I just tune him out and the amount of mic time he gets has been radically reduced over the years. he is pretty old and not so mobile. He basically will just introduce big name acts etc.

As for the Breakfast getting a slot. maybe. Because it is no longer at ILCC there should be a real late night that will not be cut off at the bikers whim like that last time the b-fast played.
The problem is the same problem tho. The Breakfast do not draw big numbers. It has been the problem the band has always had.

DBB - They have played every vibes. It is like a tradition. They have been playing more shows recently. they were at Toad\'s the night before thanks giving. And say what you want about DBB and the fact that they don\'t play many shows. They still out draw the Breakfast
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:43:57 pm »
I went to the Seaside Park GOTV in 1999 and I have no interest in going to another festival there. It tells you all you really need to know about the place when the front page of the festival website says "Yeah, we know, it\'s Seaside Park, but we swear it will be good this time.  There were lots of improvements made.  We promise."  It\'s nice that you can now camp next to your car and that they mowed the grass, but maybe they should work on the fact that the public has free run of the camping area (you only need a ticket for the concert field) meaning that every thug from New Haven to The Bronx is there to steal anything not bolted to the ground and sell you fake drugs.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 12:46:25 pm »
Dude.... Buddy Guy??  I\'m fuckin there!!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 12:49:11 pm »
I had a good time though.

Just don\'t want to do it again.  

It\'ll take a ser Breakfast slot or some sort of wet-dream first-Bonnarooesque lineup to get me there.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:49:11 pm by Wolfman »

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 12:56:14 pm »
Quote from: leith;128878
While I think it would be cool for The Breakfast to get a high visibility slot I wonder how you come to the conclusion that they "deserve" a main stage slot.

Here are a few reasons....

They are a nationally touring band from Connecticut with 4 studio albums and 1 live release under their belts......

In 2006 the blew the 4000+ folks away as the headlining spot on the first night of 10,000 Lakes Festival......

I can probably come up with a few more but I am getting ready to watch the 1pm showing of News Radio on TBS.....

But most importantly THE BREAKFAST HAVE BEEN GETTING SHAT UPON FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS AND I THINK THAT IT IS ABOUT FUCKING TIME THAT THEY AT LEAST GET SOME RECOGNITION AT A FESTIVAL THAT IS LESS THAN 20 FUCKING MILES FROM THEIR HOME FUCKING TOWN......
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela

leith

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 01:46:10 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;128884

They are a nationally touring band from Connecticut with 4 studio albums and 1 live release under their belts......

In 2006 the blew the 4000+ folks away as the headlining spot on the first night of 10,000 Lakes Festival......

I can probably come up with a few more but I am getting ready to watch the 1pm showing of News Radio on TBS.....

But most importantly THE BREAKFAST HAVE BEEN GETTING SHAT UPON FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS AND I THINK THAT IT IS ABOUT FUCKING TIME THAT THEY AT LEAST GET SOME RECOGNITION AT A FESTIVAL THAT IS LESS THAN 20 FUCKING MILES FROM THEIR HOME FUCKING TOWN......

Well sorry but those reasons do not make them "deserve" a great spot. The albums have not sold enough to warrant a main stage spot and they tour nationally infrequently.

Are the organizers of 10k the same as GOTV? If not how are they gonna even know about the Bfast having a good show @ 10k

As for them being shat on well they have no one but themselves to blame. No concrete management will do that.
Sorry Steve but The Breakfast do not even sell out bars/clubs in CT. How do expect them to get a main stage slot for a fest in CT.?

Just a reality check. Not harshing any mellows.

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 01:48:30 pm »
I hear ya............you did harsh my mellow regardless........

FUCKERPANTS!

leith

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 02:06:09 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;128891
I hear ya............you did harsh my mellow regardless........

FUCKERPANTS!

Nothing a bit of Phil Hartman can\'t cure.

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 04:41:19 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;128884

and...you know...they are pretty good at what they do...
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 05:11:52 pm »
having this festie so close to home is reason enough for me to go - i\'m looking forward to good vibes in Bridgeport!  I hope the band gets a chance to play - either on a main stage or a side stage... I\'ll definitely be there supporting them, even if they play in a ghetto pub down the street from the venue! :lol:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]