Author Topic: YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!  (Read 7567 times)

Blackieshamps

• Blankee Dick
    • http://
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« on: October 17, 2003, 12:33:59 am »
we did it again, and i\'ll be back in NY when the series starts!!!! HELL YEAH BABY!!! great game though, tons of excitement, broken bats and cracker jacks.  You can hear me screamin all the way from North Cakalaki!!
"Clown College? pfft you cant eat that!"

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 12:56:31 am »
This is also my away message but I feel the need to put it here.  I think that even the real fans of the bad guys (Yanks) will agree.

Dear Yankees supporters and enthusiasts:

I respect your victory.  But speak not an ill word unless:

1. You watched all seven games to the best of your ability.

2. You actually watched all seven games, not just sat there with the game on.

3. You know who the Yankees are playing in the World Series.

4. You knew before 10/16/2003 who the Yankees are playing in the World Series.

5. You respect my right to throw a punch if you cross the line (and that will take a lot).

If you don\'t meet those five requirements, you\'re not a real fan, just a bandwagon jumper.

And by the way, I say the same thing about Red Sox fans, so don\'t give me that.  Not that I\'m bitter...

I\'m just going to start cheering for the Wild Pack of Asscracks.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

tiedyetoga

YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 01:31:55 am »
Yankees Win, oh Yankees Win....

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
knew it would start soon..
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 01:48:12 am »
but give it a nights rest already. More credit to all the Sox fans..Wolf, Porter,.. who knew to not start a thread boasting their team, anticipating it wouldnt end too pretty. I was thinking about how weird it will be in a couple years when Pedro is pitching for the damn Yankees. what a game.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 05:22:38 am »
before you all start gloating, all I want to say is out of 26 games this season, it ended sox12/yanks14. Not to bad a record considering the purchasing power difference between sox and yanks. Damn, that was a sick game last night, They just left pedro in too long. Should have taken him out after 7. Either way though, I think perdro had a great game and handled himself like a true professional in front of a crowd that booed him no matter what he did.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 07:23:15 am »
bitter bosox fans are funny.

davepeck

• Administrator
Re: knew it would start soon..
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 07:46:27 am »
Originally posted by DocEllis70
but give it a nights rest already. More credit to all the Sox fans..Wolf, Porter,.. who knew to not start a thread boasting their team, anticipating it wouldnt end too pretty. I was thinking about how weird it will be in a couple years when Pedro is pitching for the damn Yankees. what a game.

Originally posted by Wolfman
Log on to Redsox.com or chicagocubs.com for USEABLE World Series tickets at 6 o\'clock today!

davepeck

• Administrator
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 07:47:08 am »

davepeck

• Administrator
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 07:48:36 am »

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 09:47:11 am »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
They just left pedro in too long. Should have taken him out after 7.

Pedro won that game through 120 pitches, and that\'s all that you can ask for a starter.  The bullpen didn\'t blow that game either, they gave up 1 run (Boone\'s HR) in 2 and 2/3 innings.  It\'s just the time between Pedro\'s 120th pitch and the bullpen taking over that killed them.

I keep telling myself it\'s just a baseball game, but I\'m still pissed.  Maybe if it were actually over and I didn\'t have to watch half of the campus celebrate last night, things would be different.  Still, somebody on my floor broke a chair against their wall last night, so I can take solace in the fact that I\'m not that pissed.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2003, 10:27:57 am »
Let\'s not talk about the Yankee buying power.  Or actually let\'s do, but let\'s also remember that while the Yankees have the highest payroll, the Red Sox are not far behind with the third highest payroll.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2003, 01:12:47 pm »
anyone know why the dopes at Fenway decided to decorate the field before game 7 even started?

http://www.thesabre.com/message_board/general/2003/October/17/88305.html
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Best and Worst Baseball Game Ever
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2003, 01:27:38 pm »
Grady Little\'s option for next season should not be renewed. Pedro clearly showed fatigue in the seventh and Embree and Timlin have been lights-out all playoffs. He should have started the eighth with Embree against Giambi, a lefty, then went Timlin for the rest of the eighth and ninth, using Williamson only if Timlin got into trouble. At the very least, Martinez should have been lifted prior to Matsui\'s at-bat. You just can\'t give the Yanks second chances. They\'re too good. They capitalize every time. The Sox blew their chance to blow the game wide-open in the early innings, let the Yanks linger, then prompty swallowed a chicken bone. Gag City.

Also, as much as I despise the Yankees, Martinez got what he deserved for being an arrogant dick, not apologizing for what he did in Game 3, and for saying that he\'d hit Babe Ruth in the ass with a pitch two years ago. When you make a statement like that against all the Yankee tradition, coupled with your team\'s tradition for chocking, it usually comes back to bite you and that\'s exactly what happened last night. Martinez may be one of the best pitchers of our generation, and is almost a guaranteed Hall of Famer, but he is not Bob Gibson, he is not Sandy Koufax, he is not Juan Marichal. He is not somebody who came through when it was all on the line. Here\'s what you need to know about Martinez: four postseason starts, one Sox victory in those starts. Enjoy the World Series from the recliner you shit-talking, head-hunting, good-almost-until-the-last-drop bitch!

Note: A lot of this anger comes from when Martinez said that Piazza should have charged the mound in the 2000 World Series when Clemens threw the bat at him, which would have obviously been stupid since that would have caused Piazza to be suspended for the rest of the Series and the Mets would have lost in four games instead of five. I\'ve always disliked Martinez for those comments because: a. he was wrong, b. it was none of his business, and c. he never has to take an at-bat, which might be a reason why he tends to throw inside so much, yathink? What the Mets should have done in the 2000 World Series, was take the high road, be the better team, and hit Derek Jeter.

Anyway, this brings me to Clemens, who certaintly didn\'t help his team last night. That\'s the worst part of this. As much as I enjoy seeing Martinez lose, I hate seeing Clemens win. And now we get to watch him again against the Marlins when the Sox squandered the chance to end his career. You know Clemens is now going to end his career with seven scoreless against Florida.

Prediction: Yankees in 6.

Chris Pitch

Let\'s arrange for a consolation series between the Cubs and the Sox with the loser folding the franchise and the winner folding the franchise.

2004: LETS GO METS!!!! The quest for fourth place continues!

tiedyetoga

YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2003, 01:32:16 pm »
Originally posted by DocEllis70
anyone know why the dopes at Fenway decided to decorate the field before game 7 even started?

http://www.thesabre.com/message_board/general/2003/October/17/88305.html

Thats too funny, I saw that on FOX last night.. Stupid idiots.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
YANKEES BABY YEAH!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003, 02:15:41 pm »
Originally posted by tiedyetoga
Thats too funny, I saw that on FOX last night.. Stupid idiots.

Granted it makes it appear as if the BoSox were counting their chickens a bit early but, in all fairness, if Game Seven was at Fenway Park they probably would have been preparing Yankee Stadium that soon as well.  I don\'t have the experience to say that preparing the field is a tough or easy job, but I\'m sure any groundskeeper would take the head start if he could get it.