Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-12-01 - Century Lounge; Providence, RI  (Read 5065 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-12-01 - Century Lounge; Providence, RI
« on: December 02, 2006, 12:38:15 pm »
I: Tribal Funk Affliction, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Future Peek > Merge > Slipknot! > No Regret > Score, LDZ > Inner Glimpse > LDZ > Inner Glimpse

II: Beef Barley, Space City Affair > Honey Butter, Good Things, Rufus > What The Funk

E: See The Light*

* inverted; with \'Within You Without You\' (The Beatles) tease.

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 01:16:17 pm »
Quote from: ;
great show.  i missed tribal, but caught the brunt of the show.  sick buquebusesque jamming in score.  the SCA before Honey Butter made it sound like a Psygn fakeout and the Honey Butter jam was one of the best i\'ve seen(which is a lot).  so good to finally hear good things again.  that shit makes me weak.

oh and gavin\'s setlist is wrong.  it should say Merge> Slipknot> No Regret> Score
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 01:16:17 pm by Igziabeher »

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 01:48:25 pm »
Quote from: ;
hot show, the century lounge needs a/c!!!
the slipknot surprise was great- so much fun, they should bust that out more.  i saw it on the setlist as slip and i didnt know what it meant, i thought maybe it was a new song they were playing...totally wasnt expecting some Dead goodness!  and i def agree w/ igzy- good things made me weak in the knees, it was beautiful!  cant wait to hear this one again, good to see everyone as always!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 04:26:34 pm »
thanks for the call during good things, igz.  :)
wish i coulda been there...
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

ccarmiencke

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 08:18:53 pm »
This looks like a mighty setlist, a great way to start december, this is one that I will be anxious to hear sometime soon.  I will jot it down on my to-get list, up near the top.  (I am assuming it was taped).

peaches626

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 12:59:57 am »
rufus owned the night in my eyes... and talk about ronnie spears owning second set... holy shit he was thuuuuumpin\'

and i think there was also norwegian wood teases in see the light (which was a moooonster by the way)

the whole first set was just money, the type of jamming in fiery ball should be the future of the breakfast in my opinion... what a cool groove they were in, a sound they tapped into a few times this night, absolutely amazing
taints rule, gypsies drool!

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 02:29:48 am »
LDZ > Inner Glimpse > LDZ > Inner Glimpse was sick!!!! I had very high hopes for this show and it met all of my expectations. Tim and Adrian were both animals at this show, but I had so much fun listening to Ron during second set. One of the songs that i did NOT want to hear again this weekend was Honey Butter, but it was one of the highlights of the show for me. Rufus was was what really put this show ever the edge. it was fucken intense and Ron\'s bass solos were nasty. I was shocked to hear a See The Light encore. I\'m not really down with textbook encore songs like Taboo Or Not Taboot, Wildpack, The Chase, so See The Light was just what i needed to end an incredible evening with The Breakfast. SER show!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 01:38:45 pm »
How long was that Tribal Funk?? At least 45 minutes... I believe GBFBITS was like an hour twenty... then some kind of time portal opened up during Rufus and so it began once again..

That was some serious music. In the dualist sense that something can be totally serious even while enervating from the laughter of one\'s soul. Y\'all know what I\'m talking about.

++2 points for the Strat! :guitar:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 01:56:03 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;127425
LDZ > Inner Glimpse > LDZ > Inner Glimpse was sick!!!!

I would have loved to see this. Hopefully Nectars is sick, I need to go to that show
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 07:22:55 pm »
Not too bad attendance wise considering the weather......The folks that were there were lapping up every note that the band played.....

During the first set there were moments where I thought I was at a Phil and Friends show (especailly during the Great Big jam)....Ser heady jamming.....Save was on all night dropping tasty fills, riffs, and phrases all over the place.....the LDZ>Glimpse>LDZ was an expertly woven tapestry of music.....

The second set was where the vortex opened and some of the most amazing music I have ever heard from the band came pouring out.....The Honey Butter jam was next level breakfast jamming and probably the best HB jam to date...Good Things was a beauty.....Rufus > WTF was well purely amazing......However my highlight of the night would have to be the See The Light encore....FUCKING STELLAR!!!!!!!!

Good to see all the faces that came out in the cold, rain, and wind.......

Thanks to Todd, Robyn, Mandler, Spacey, and Sara for hosting an early morning latenight which completely destroyed my life on Saturday..........Lots of fun, almost too much fun for 6 people to have on a Saturday morning>afternoon..... I was ruined till about 4 this afternoon......
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 07:37:14 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;127471
... I was ruined till about 4 this afternoon......

Thats what partying is all about....as long as you survive and make it till the next day!
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 08:13:24 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;127471
Thanks to Todd, Robyn, Mandler, Spacey, and Sara for hosting an early morning latenight which completely destroyed my life on Saturday..........Lots of fun, almost too much fun for 6 people to have on a Saturday morning>afternoon..... I was ruined till about 4 this afternoon......

I also had so much fun & laughter... between going to NYC, missing most of the show, watching jenx walk in hotel TKA @ 5:?? AM, kicking jenx\'s ass in setback (one of the greatest moments), as well as praying that Sara will ever again talk to me after dealing  with all you h00ligans & highlarity...(who asked for strip poker?!).  Hopefully you made it home in one piece, jenx - see ya again soon ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bonzo

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 12:36:26 am »
sounds like it was a ser time at the lounge