Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-11-11 - Higher Ground Showcase Lounge; South Burlington, VT  (Read 9197 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
I: jam > Tricky Ways > Sundance, Psygn, Rufus > Taboo Or Not Taboot

II: Beef Barley, Love Lake > Bugs, The Late And The Great > Over Exposure, Inner Glimpse

E: The Vermont Song*

* Adrian on guitar; Tim on drums.

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2006-11-11 - Higher Ground Showcase Lounge; South Burlington, VT
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 12:36:12 pm »
2006-11-11 The Breakfast - Higher Ground, Burlington, VT
The Vermont song (Adrian on guitar)
Encore with Adrian on guitar and Tim on Drums. Single camera, no audio sync. It\'s shakey and distorted at times but still pretty fun. Take it for what it is.

That\'s Adrians fiance at the end of the song. Video by Paul Ryan
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:53:09 pm »
sick looking setlist....tapers??? please
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 01:01:15 pm »
looks like everyone was having a blast!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 01:18:31 pm »
last night was the fuckin tittie McGittiiiiiiies.    50 short of a sell out.  what a show boys and girls
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 02:10:56 pm »
huh, well I thought this was the weakest Breakfast show I\'ve seen in the last several months. I mean, still a good show compared to most other bands (we know this).... I dunno, like I normally would go crazy for a Sundance but it was like the band was holding a lot back that I know they\'ve got. Generally wasn\'t diggin the guitar/synth/keyboard-at-the-same-time stuff , the best parts were when Tim fahgottabout all those keys for a while and stuck to guitar.

I reckon I\'m spoiled on far better (Breakfast) shows that I didn\'t have to drive 6 hours for.

One other point--- I will go up there again for a Club Metronome or Nectars show but I\'m all set with any future Higher Ground shows. Their policy that doesn\'t let you even go back out to your car in the parking lot once you buy a ticket is straight fascist. It is a major deterrent for me to not be able to get my blaze on whenever I feel like it. Also I don\'t see why this venue is supposed to be better than Metronome. The atmosphere is "concrete/asbestos" and the drinks are taxed with hardly any booze in them. It didn\'t seem like it holds any more people than Metronome either (maybe it does, I can\'t see how though)

I had a good time though, was nice to see good faces...

and whoever the opening band was kicked ass, I think I actually enjoyed them over Breakfast last night
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 02:29:35 pm »
are you out of your fucking mind ??  
Quote from: bdfreetuna;125864
huh, well I thought this was the weakest Breakfast show I\'ve seen in the last several months. I mean, still a good show compared to most other bands (we know this).... I dunno, like I normally would go crazy for a Sundance but it was like the band was holding a lot back that I know they\'ve got. Generally wasn\'t diggin the guitar/synth/keyboard-at-the-same-time stuff , the best parts were when Tim fahgottabout all those keys for a while and stuck to guitar.

I reckon I\'m spoiled on far better (Breakfast) shows that I didn\'t have to drive 6 hours for.

and whoever the opening band was kicked ass, I think I actually enjoyed them over Breakfast last night

You really are out of your fucking mind !!!!

the bands not going to go anywhere playing nectar\'s the rest of their career
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 02:30:32 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 02:56:00 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;125864

^Seriously?? i mean they were alright for a breakfast opener, but definately nothing special:tired::zzz:. You must not have really been paying attention to the breakfast or something cause they ripped shit up last night. i was standing right in front of Adrian during Over Exposure and i was completely owned. pretty damn good first set sundance psyn rufus>taboo. the L&tG>Over was once again my highlight. i agree that they are kinda dicks at HG (but no worse than the webster), but i also think playing there is a huge step in the right direction and a step up from nectars/metronome. BTW thanks Tuna for the headie ride up there and thanks to Paul and Fitz for the ride home. much love to bfam for hookin\' this gypsie up.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 02:58:07 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 03:05:15 pm »
thanks for that vermont song clip.... damn, that was quick!

I thought the show was great... and yes, Twiddle was definitely outstanding. I went to their webpage today and listened to some stuff. They played that Gatsby song yesterday and it was out of control! Highlight for me was prob. the Rufus and Love Lake. They were very energetic (as always) and the crowd really enjoyed themselves.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 03:06:10 pm »
Well I\'m outta my mind if I think a show was the best I\'ve ever seen and I\'m outta my mind if I think a show wasn\'t even close to the best I\'ve ever seen......

moral of the story is y\'all should know by now I\'m pretty much outta my fucking mind :P

for the record my boy Loren who I drove up with said the Northampton show last weekend blew this one out of the water. Maybe I\'m not the only one gone totally loco

I\'m not saying the opening band was *better* than Breakfast, Obviously not. But I think I enjoyed their set more because it was totally new and original and they had some unique energy, esp the bass player that dude was nuts. Breakfast layed down a couple good sets but having been to a fair amount of shows including a lot of super-serious throwdowns I really didn\'t feel like I got anything new or unique out of this burlington show.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 03:09:37 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 03:12:41 pm »
i agree that NoHo was better but not WAY better. this show was ser.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 03:35:18 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;125855

It\'s tough hearing VT Song without Jordan\'s jam in the middle.  Check out 2004\'s Baja Bash version for a sampling.

The bass is the only instrument I\'ve never seen Tim play on stage.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 04:44:14 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;125855

good stuff, ive never seen a tim/adrian encore change-up before.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

rcoster38

• blue
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 05:43:24 pm »
i thought last night was a little rough, but still a good show no less

late and the great>over exposure was the jam of the night i thought, they really laid into that one and everyone was movin

im not sure i dig tim messin around with the keys all the time though.  it seems to always turn into the same wall of noise without really ever going anywhere

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 06:04:17 pm »
when tim was banging the keys with his guitar my jaw was on the friggen floor.... that was sick!