Author Topic: Keep The Faith America. Pls vote TODAY.  (Read 16097 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
Keep The Faith America. Pls vote TODAY.
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2006, 12:51:44 pm »
Nice reference to a Frank Capra classic.

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2006, 04:52:48 pm »
I voted. Every vote matters, even those not cast. If you pay taxes or are registered to vote then they know you exist. If you don\'t vote then they know they have you beat. If you do vote then they know they need to pay some attention to you.

If you can navigate the breakfast.info website then you can get an absentee ballot from your local govt. website.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2006, 05:15:16 pm »
I agree 3rd parties need to be empowered in this country.... the two party system does us all a real disservice.

That\'s why I voted "Dem" when there was a "Rep" challenger... but in Mass here we had a few positions where it was "Dem" vs. "Green/Rainbow" and no facists, and in those cases I voted for the 3rd party just to bump up their percentage points.

I would probably vote for all Greens if they had a chance. Or the Marijuana Party... whatever
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2006, 06:09:26 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;125234

1. what is he holding?
2. what is he doing? (standing is a partial answer but by the rules of congress what is he doing)

In case anyone actually did care,
1. U.S Constitution, which was read as part of a
2. Filibuster against a bill he dissagreed with.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2006, 07:10:55 pm »
Coming in a little late to this debate, but when I see people complain about the 2 party system, I can tell they\'ve never voted.  When you go into the both, there are many choices of more "obscure" candidates.  Hell even though I didn\'t vote for him I looked around the booth wondering where the hell Joe Liberman was.  He was the 6th candidate listed.

My point:  The biggest reason alternative party candidates are not taken seriously is that the people most likely to support them (those fed up with status quo gov\'t) do not go out and vote.

btw- I applaud everyone who went out to vote today
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:13:04 pm by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2006, 07:45:45 pm »
I wasn\'t trying to imply there are only 2 parties, but rather that it is a 2 party system. There are several parties and the actual number on the ballot varies race to race and election to election. The point is that the "3rd party candidates", be them green, libretarians, concerned citizens, etc, don\'t have enough pull to actually get above the 5% mark in most elections. As a result, they do not threaten the big two and it logically stands that one of the 2 big ones will win the election. When I don\'t care for either of the 2 big ones (most of the time), I always go to the lower brackets. Most of the time I agree with these candidates more, and on top of that it is a way of voicing my discontent with the main political structure in america without simply "staying home".

Just think - if all the hollys of the world decided to go and vote for a 3rd party candidate in an election rather than staying home, it would bring the % up to the point where one of these candidates might actually win, and even if they didn\'t the big 2 would have to completely change their campaining structure for next time around.

one can dream I supose, one can dream.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2006, 07:47:47 pm »
I laughed when I finally saw Joe Liberman all the way down there.  I wonder how many less informed voters will not vote for him simply because they can\'t find his name.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2006, 07:52:59 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;125332
Just think - if all the hollys of the world decided to go and vote for a 3rd party candidate in an election rather than staying home, it would bring the % up to the point where one of these candidates might actually win, and even if they didn\'t the big 2 would have to completely change their campaining structure for next time around.

That\'s exactly what I meant. :thumbsup:
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2006, 10:06:22 pm »
Quote from: obsession600;125303
If you do vote then they know they need to pay some attention to you.
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

citroen

• http://www.myspace.com/bmx_babe
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2006, 02:06:42 am »
As a fierce facist, I\'m going to have to move out of this state now that a damn Dem got elected and will probably try to wittle away even more from my paycheck.  I wish I lived in CT.  Joe Lieberman is the man.  Prisoners are the scum of the earth and should be treated as such.  For the first time in my life, I was actually somewhat impressed by a Liberal (Grace Ross-Jones) after viewing the MA candidate speeches.  She actually seemed highly intelligent and was a great speaker.  She didn\'t mention anything about spending money on stupid shit or giving it to lazy people.  I still would never trust a Green.
Mrs. Donnie Wahlberg

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2006, 07:22:51 am »
Local CT Standings So Far:  

Lieberman - wins
Jodi Rell - wins
DeLauro - wins
Blumenthal - wins
Courtney/Simmons = too close to say as of yet
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2006, 09:13:53 am »
Murphy - wins

So long Nancy Johnson! Don\'t let the pile of anti-Chris mail you sent me that I had to recycle suffocate you on the way out. I shutter to think how many trees died in your pathetic attempt to keep your job, which also pissed me off as an environmentalist. I only got 2 things out of hundreds from her that told me why I should vote for her. The rest of it was all why I should not vote for him and it came on a daily basis. That unto itself was the final straw to kick her out.

Also, I wasn\'t big on her track record and she had been in too long.

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2006, 07:30:24 pm »
:lol: Lieberman! What kind of voodoo did he lay down up there after losing the primary?
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2006, 08:21:09 pm »
Quote from: obsession600;125504
:lol: Lieberman! What kind of voodoo did he lay down up there after losing the primary?

its called CT is full of old whities over the age of 65.    Seniors are HUGE voters.   They don\'t like change very much.   I\'m sure alot of registered facist seniors didnt even vote in the primary....

Quote from: citroen;125357
As a fierce facist, I\'m going to have to move out of this state now that a damn Dem got elected and will probably try to wittle away even more from my paycheck.  I wish I lived in CT.  Joe Lieberman is the man.  Prisoners are the scum of the earth and should be treated as such.  For the first time in my life, I was actually somewhat impressed by a Liberal (Grace Ross-Jones) after viewing the MA candidate speeches.  She actually seemed highly intelligent and was a great speaker.  She didn\'t mention anything about spending money on stupid shit or giving it to lazy people.  I still would never trust a Green.

Actually, not to start a debate, but CT is virtually facist.   Its almost an oddity to me how we\'ve had a facist governor this long.  Jodi Rell, besides cleaning up a mess left behind by Rowland, is a really wonderful woman.  I had a chance to meet her years ago when she was lieutenant gov.   She was the most down to earth politician I have ever met.    

But still its quite remarkable to me that the facists have yet to find a real candidate...destefano has done a wonderful job revitalizing new haven, but he definitely lacked a certain charisma to be elected to a higher office.     does anyone know about the 28 year old guy who ran against rosa delauro??  That was balls.  I voted for him just for that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 08:21:09 pm by SkyePrizm »

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2006, 08:22:48 pm »
And for the New Hampshire natives on the board- NO MORE CHARLIE BASS!

Thank goodness.

He alone was enough to drive me to the polls.
Masturbation in the MFA