Author Topic: 2006-2007 NBA Thread aka Dave and Leith\'s Lakers chat thread  (Read 5916 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
2006-2007 NBA Thread aka Dave and Leith\'s Lakers chat thread
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 08:53:04 pm »
Me too. Would have been classic.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 10:21:02 pm »
From NBA.COM
NEW YORK, April 17, 2007 – NBA referee Joey Crawford has been indefinitely suspended for improper conduct toward Tim Duncan during the San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks game on April 15, it was announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern. The conduct included Crawford\'s assessment of a second technical foul and ejection of Duncan following laughter by the player while he was seated on the bench, and inappropriate comments made to Duncan during the game.

Crawford\'s suspension will cover at least the remainder of the 2006-07 season, including the NBA Playoffs and Finals.

"Joey Crawford\'s handling of this situation failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees," said Stern. "Especially in light of similar prior acts by this official, a significant suspension is warranted. Although Joey is consistently rated as one of our top referees, he must be held accountable for his actions on the floor, and we will have further discussions with him following the season to be sure he understands his responsibilities."

The incidents occurred with 1:04 remaining in the third period of the Mavericks 91-86 win over the Spurs on Sunday, April 8 at American Airlines Center.

It was pretty plain Crawford was power trippin\'.

Oh and The Lakers have stumbled their way into the playoffs. yea :rolleyes:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 01:42:07 am »
The Warriors played a great second half (till losing in the final minute).  Scene at the bar was the most raucous I\'ve experienced since my days at UMass.  Thursday, Game 6, here we come!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 12:28:09 pm »
The Warriors did an all-time choke job last night, and as much as I\'d like to see them upset the Mavericks, and piss off their dickface owner (who some people, including one stranger at a Pearl Jam show, say I look like), Golden State will be watching the second round from the same place as my beloved Lakers: the couch.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 01:08:09 pm »
the mavs were leading by as much as 22 points in the first half before taking a 7pt lead into halftime. they then played a poor second half up until the last 3-4 minutes. i wouldnt put it as a warriors meltdown at the end of the game. the mavs blew it first but managed to redeem themselves at the end...like #1 seeds are supposed to do when in this situation. i didnt expect the mavs to lose at home. i figured warriors would win this series on their return to oakland. if they dont win game 6, there is no way dallas will blow their chance at home in game 7.
Smell my mule.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 04:52:34 pm »
Go Lakers. Go home Lakers.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 06:32:27 pm »
Expect major changes w/ The Lakers next year
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 07:06:52 pm »
[EVIL]Go Warriors![/EVIL]

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 01:19:47 am »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;144177
Golden State will be watching the second round from the same place as my beloved Lakers: the couch.

Sorry, Chip (Knowledgable brainwuzzy C.Pitch:biggrin: )

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 01:11:41 pm »
Guilty as charged on that one. But hey, never upset to see an upset. Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson took several steps forwards while Dirk took countless leaps backwards. Congrats!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 01:12:50 pm »
Basketball season is still going on?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 03:09:09 am »
Warriors game was:

[MAD]:poop: [/MAD]

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 10:47:18 am »
i am not a fan of the nba at all. its my least favorite of the 5 major sports in the US. however, when the padres game finally ended last night i turned on game 5 of the east conference finals to see how lebron and company were doing. what i witnessed afterwards was nothing short of incredible. he went on a scoring streak during the 4th quarter that lasted until the final seconds of the 2nd overtime. during this streak he scored 29 of the cavs 30 points. before you think of him as a ballhog i suggest you go turn on sportscenter or go to espn.com and watch the highlights. this playoff performance was one of the best ive ever seen since the jordan days. he was driving the lane at will and throwing down dunks. he could go off halfassed screens, double teamed and still bury a 3. it was incredible and may have just sparked interest for me to watch the cavs the remainder of the playoffs. im so sick of the pistons and spurs that im jumping on the cavs bandwagon.
Smell my mule.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 11:07:22 am »
I agree. I don\'t give a crap about the NBA, but I watched the highlights on ESPN this morning.  One of the most amazing performances of any athlete in any sport I have ever seen. Wow!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 11:17:19 am »
Lebron James is the man. I really think basketball has become a "ghetto" sports and it starts in college or when they skip college but there are a few great players who make watching the game enjoyable, the King is one of them. He is an extremely unselfish player but has turned the Cavs from a laughing stock into a contender in only a few short years. In a sport where following a team just isn\'t the same as following players, James is one worth watching.