Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-10-21 - Winston\'s; San Diego, CA  (Read 10085 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-10-21 - Winston\'s; San Diego, CA
« on: October 22, 2006, 10:54:17 am »
I: jam > Rust > No Regret > See The Light*, Beef Barley, jam > Intension, Flower Punk > Honey Butter

II: Psygn > Taboo Or Not Taboot, Rufus** > Food For Thought^ > Message In A Bottle, May Fly Disarray, Tricky Ways > Drum Solo > Doughboy

E: The Chase

* inverted.
** with \'Inca Roads\' (Frank Zappa) teases.
 ^ \'Be good to each other.\'

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 11:06:47 am »
Quote from: ;
that is a really really nice looking set list, the chase as an encore, very cool

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 12:40:47 pm »
looks good...

except for Message in a Bottle, I always thought that was the lamest thing PB/Bfast ever did
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 01:20:09 pm »
only two messages before the MIAB hate begins...
god forbid that Ron should have a PME moment

Rufus**
** with \'Inca Roads\' (Frank Zappa) teases

been a while since we have seen that on a setlist
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 01:25:36 pm »
San Diego just LOVES The Breakfast. If they have a venue away from home that is a guaranteed non doozie EVERY time it seems to be this place.

Ellis had a sweet light setup for this show(pics to follow sometime)
Jam>Rust>No Regret>StL
Ok My first Rust and it was pretty cool. Nice opener gets the booties shakin\' Cliche lyrics for sure but hey they can\'t all be Good Things. Into NR this was the rocker it usually is and I really like Adrian\'s No Regrets line echoing Ron\'s. Pretty slick I tellya. See The Light was wow nice thick jam in the middle. I do believe I heard Gencs say "best ever".

Beef Barley
got boobies and booties shakin\' and I do believe a small sing along broke out.

Jam>Intension
 Well the Jam leading into Intension was utter sickness and Intension came close to being an all out showstopper.

Flower Punk>Honey Butter
Prodigal Son returns is all I can say. Flower Punk was one of the most psychedelic journeys I have ever taken w/ any band. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I told Tim @ setbreak that it was as good as anything I had ever heard from the 4 piece.
Tim had some kind of loop and effect going that just swirled around and around lifting one to the sky. Honey Butter was sick also with the end exploding on the audience in glorious fashion.

Typical Winston\'s setbreak and out of the smoke arose a monster set.

Psygn>Taboo
Just ridiculous. Psygn jam went so deep and so far I almost forgot they were playing it. Taboo well this song signaled my return to Bfast ownage. Leading the charge up front I even got Tim to start hopping. Entire crowd singing the chorus,losing their minds. Fun stuff.

Rufus>FFT>Message
Absolute sickness to the nth degree. I have not heard this band get this trancey and OMG it was the shit. Of Course Rufus would have a hand in my reconversion. This version was loong and really showcased Tim\'s growing ability to screw w/ minds via synths.
FFT had some new jammyness that I enjoyed alot.
Message=smoke break

Mayfly :lol: Wow OK fine prove your fuckin\' point Tim. Mayfly has always been a huge favorite for me due to Jordan. This version did not lose anything and the Ahoy ending is even better now! Man this song went deep into trancey psychedelia and had me dancing my ass off.

Tricky Ways>Drum Solo>Doughboy
Well Tricky Ways I took pics yaawn Drum Solo was sick and Ellis solved the problem of the other guys just standing there and focused all the light on Adrian. Sick sick sick
Doughboy was alot better than I thought it might be.

E:The Chase
After they left the stage the house soundguy was up on stage getting ready to take shit down. He must be fuckin\' new because this is The Breakfast and the crowd was not having it and Teddy knew this so he asked the band if they were going back up. When they nodded he informed the soundguy who was complaining he had already "zeroed" the board. Well guess what? Bitch get them dialed in again.
The Chase was fuckin\'AWESOME.

Thank you for releasing
me from my machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall a much better show than L.A. This is the band I would travel for. Still some things I don\'t really "get"yet but shit that will come in time. Discussing the music and changes w/ Tim and Adrian really helped me grasp more of what they are going for and we all agreed that once material starts to surface written by the 3 for the 3, Well all bets are off !!!!!!!!!!!!!

New sound guy Chad really gets and keeps an even sound. Ron\'s bass is thick and heavy Adrian is up front and I think he may be more of a spotlight junkie than we knew. He fuckin\' gets off hard up there. Greg\'s 2 new technobeams are a pleasant change and once he gets a couple more shit wiil get real pretty @ Bfast shows.
This show was taped by 3 seperate audio tapers and  2 vid cameras. It will be sick to see/hear again. The light show was outta control. I do believe my favorite work of his next to Crystal Bay.

SO there you have it. Leith had a great time @ a Bfast trio show.
 How abt that?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 01:44:50 pm »
Leith, I agree about Chad. When I saw the room they were playing in Chicago, I figured the sound would be shitty but it actually was the best sound I\'ve heard out of them. The mix is perfect and for the first time I was really able to hear everyone equally, or all together depending on how I wanted to focus. Greg\'s new toys are fun to watch, as well! Really adds a lot to the shows.
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 01:49:28 pm »
Quote from: leith;123390
Adrian is up front and I think he may be more of a spotlight junkie than we knew. He fuckin\' gets off hard up there.

I like having Adrian in closer view, before he was distanced from the crowd.  He was really looking out into the crowd and making eye contact with people at the Sweetwater.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 01:53:49 pm »
peep leith all over ellis-ds dick.
sad really..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 01:54:47 pm »
Quote from: leith;123390

Tim had some kind of loop and effect going that just swirled around and around lifting one to the sky.  I have not heard this band get this trancey and OMG it was the shit.........this version was loong and really showcased Tim\'s growing ability to screw w/ minds via synths.

Another item on my list of reasons why I was "owned" this past week.  I really couldn\'t believe how well they executed some of those jams.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 01:59:52 pm »
Wow after reading reviews like that I\'m realy glad they\'re coming home this week!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 02:19:43 pm »
leith, nice write up.. glad to hear you\'re impressed ;)..
chad= giving dobz a run for his $$$
the save has def. found his sound... and it is HUGE... belly in the beast kinda shit...
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »
How does The Chase sound without Jordan?
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

leith

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 03:46:19 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;123394
peep leith all over ellis-ds dick.
sad really..

First off  :finger:  Second when have I not called it like I saw it? When the kid does good he should get props. Green is not your color.

Quote from: delfunk1;123402
How does The Chase sound without Jordan?

Well other than the intro not that different at all. Still The muthafuckin\' CHASE!!!!!!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 08:08:31 pm »
was tim having any problems with Chad the last two nights?? ala Vancouver where he was talking mad shit to him during and after songs. i sensed serious tension between tim and chad the three nights i went, seems like that hasnt been the case, and i hope not.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 09:13:10 pm »
Chad is just the most upfront goofball you\'ll meet. I did not sense tension much just that which comes with just meeting someone and being stuck in a van with them for the past month.

Until the gallery becomes functional or decides to accept my pics here ya go.

Pic link Fais Do Do
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/leithsd/bfast%20show102006/

Pic link Fais Do Do green room chillin\'
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/leithsd/

Pic link Winston\'s
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/leithsd/bfast%20show102006/bfast%20show102106/