Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-10-20 - Fais Do Do; Los Angeles, CA  (Read 3568 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-10-20 - Fais Do Do; Los Angeles, CA
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:08:34 pm »
I: Gravity, Intension, Question > jam* > Bugs, The Vermont Song > The Late And The Great > Over Exposure > Psygn > Tribal Funk Affliction > Psygn > Tribal Funk Affliction > Drum Solo, Tricky Ways > Wild Pack Of Asscracks

* with \'All Things Reconsidered\' (Phish) tease.

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 01:44:48 pm »
Quote from: ;
Psygn > Tribal Funk Affliction > Psygn > Tribal Funk Affliction

i\'ll bet that didn\'t suck, AT ALL!!!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 02:12:06 pm »
Show looks solid. The VT Song > tL&tG > OE > Psygn > TFA > Psygn >TFA > Drum Solo looks like some crazy shit.

What does the * on the jam* represent?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 02:23:41 pm »
"tease"...

elaboration requested.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 03:21:23 pm »
interesting.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 04:49:41 pm »
one word: YIKES!
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 05:02:24 pm »
Still waiting to hear back from Fitz on whether it was a success or a Fais Do Dooze.  

In a text message, the word was that it was better than 12 Galaxies and almost as good as Sweetwater.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 05:04:37 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 05:08:27 pm »
this place is called doo doo huh huh huh
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
PB is dead. Long live The Breakfast
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 06:56:54 pm »
Gravity opener was nice but I spent the majority of it trying to take pics and rapping w/ Ellis.
Intension Is just sickness I freakin\' love this song and they rocked the hell out of it I think Tim introduced it w/ "Ok L.A. let\'s Rock!" Tim played some key stuff near the end of the jam and I remember telling Fitz if any song did not need keys it was this one. :lol:
Question well they pretty much nailed this song and I was wrapped up singing along.
Jam before Bugs was nice and my first Bugs w/o Jordan was not as jarring as I thought it would be until the "kick them out" part but Tim handles that part just fine.
Vt. Song well I went outside for a bit here but what I heard was pretty jamming.
(OH and that is def. a first for me on this song so I\'ll let it go w/ that.)
Late>Over Pffft. Stupid. Epic is an understatement.
Psygn>Tribal>Psygn>Tribal well listen and judge for yourselves on the sickness level.
Drum Solo well Adrian rips but the other 2 need to not just look bored. Ron started headbobbing a lil and Tim started a loop but a little more animation or duck out would be the call.
Tricky Ways sucks but I like it more w/o keys for some reason.
Wild Pack was fun as usual.

So my first in person experience w/ the 3 piece Breakfast. Hmm well I pretty much stand by everything I have said about the trio.
I do not think Tim owns the keys but he does own the synth and is coming along nicely when he does play keys. It is pretty neat to watch him try to play both @ the same time. The songs which comprise their catalog are songs that have been played w/ 4 people for so long that they beg for keys. This point is proven in my mind until Tim takes the keys off the stage. Now that being said they have gone a looooooong way in rearranging these same songs in new and creative ways that only a trio can explore. I really am interested in hearing what they do with material they write from here on, material meant to be played by 3 not 4.

Overall I dig it and am hoping for a more jammy, psychedelic set tonight as opposed to the L.A. rock show.
The big difference for me is now I am not as absorbed in the music, I had more conversations last night during the show than I  had in the 20 shows prior total.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 07:14:45 pm »
^^
Well said, I almost agree with all of that ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

origen

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 07:23:27 pm »
Awesome show last night.  I convinced a few people who were going to the Bob Dylan show to show up afterward, and because the Breakfast went on at 11:30 they didn\'t miss anything.  They sort of got fucked by having to go on so late, but this show was def not a duze.  It was near-packed for the first hour, but by about 12:30 a few people were cashed but the dance floor was pretty much filled in even at the end.  Typical California people do not party very late.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 08:49:58 pm »
Quote from: origen;123367
Awesome show last night.  I convinced a few people who were going to the Bob Dylan show to show up afterward, and because the Breakfast went on at 11:30 they didn\'t miss anything.  They sort of got fucked by having to go on so late, but this show was def not a duze.  It was near-packed for the first hour, but by about 12:30 a few people were cashed but the dance floor was pretty much filled in even at the end.  Typical California people do not party very late.

good to hear, cause our buddies in UM were playing down the road in Chico...
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 09:07:28 pm »
Quote from: Buquebus;123371
Quote from: origen;123367

good to hear, cause our buddies in UM were playing down the road in Chico...

Down the road = 500 miles.

:slap:
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 07:56:45 pm »
i think they do just fine, actually great, as a trio, but i still think jordan completes this band. just like renee for tom in jerry.
the organ is (or i guess \'was\') so important to their sound. and jordan\'s voice is sorely missed, especially in songs like Mayfly, Doughboy and Gladys. instrumentally moments in Buquebus, Gravity, and of course Good Things (plenty of jams not included here) lacked the diversity that the keys bring. dont get me wrong, they rocked my socks off, but the shows didnt reach that magical state like i felt with all four corners present.

anyways, this setlist is retarded!!! wow, Gravity to open and everything from The Late and the Great on is reeeeediculous.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 09:21:49 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;123418
i think they do just fine, actually great, as a trio, but i still think jordan completes this band. just like renee for tom in jerry.
the organ is (or i guess \'was\') so important to their sound. and jordan\'s voice is sorely missed, especially in songs like Mayfly, Doughboy and Gladys. instrumentally moments in Buquebus, Gravity, and of course Good Things (plenty of jams not included here) lacked the diversity that the keys bring. dont get me wrong, they rocked my socks off, but the shows didnt reach that magical state like i felt with all four corners present.

anyways, this setlist is retarded!!! wow, Gravity to open and everything from The Late and the Great on is reeeeediculous.

Great way to put it. I do prefer my Breakfast w/ keys but since that is not happening any time soon I think this will suit my fancy for awhile. I def. prefer the jammy spacey Breakfast we got in S.D. over this type of Rock show.
I did not miss Jordan\'s voice as much due to the guys rearranging and stepping up vocally(except Vt. Song that is just Jordan\'s tune vocally) but certain songs could use his keys.
As far as jamming diversity I found they just explored different spaces.
If a keyboardist exists for this band they will need to be ready to play every night bringing their "A" game no matter what!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.