Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-10-18 - Sweetwater; Mill Valley, CA  (Read 10744 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-10-18 - Sweetwater; Mill Valley, CA
« on: October 19, 2006, 05:15:13 am »
I: Episode I (Happy) > Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Episode I (Happy), Tricky Ways, jam > Frankly Po Zest > Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme > Frankly Po Zest, Honey Butter, Drum Solo, Good Things, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Wake Up In A Coma > Inner Glimpse, Love Lake > jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:25:24 am »
Very appreciative crowd. Everyone was digging it and dancing thoroughly throughout the night. I turned around at the end of the show and noticed everyone crowding around the merch table.

Some serious face ownage, many there were staring at each other in disbelief (myself included).

Gavin had to sit in the van, as they wouldn\'t admit people under 21 (though they didn\'t check any IDs at all).

Apparently some dude in a blazer wandered in and proceeded to push a random guy around the venue, though no one noticed except Ron Spears. He was ready to "Save" the day, and kick some ass.

I\'m turning into Stephen Gencs: "each show is better than the last". Objectivity = out the window. Al Z = owned.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 01:16:53 am by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 05:49:51 am »
Quote from: alz
On taqueria tour

:wtf2:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 08:57:14 am »
Quote from: ;
except for the csr, that looks like one badass setlist!!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 10:21:26 am »
^^
people gotta catch their breath at some point ;)

I did see a pretty cool CSR at a recent Mill St. show though
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 10:45:51 am »
When was the last Cosmic Spaceway ?

Seems like a while since I have heard that tune. I actually really like that song and think it is one of the better songs suited to Rons vocal stylings
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 11:17:26 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;123085
When was the last Cosmic Spaceway ?

Seems like a while since I have heard that tune. I actually really like that song and think it is one of the better songs suited to Rons vocal stylings

never underst00d the hate myself... setlist looks ehhhnicccee. digging all the sangwiches tossed in there...
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 11:27:55 am »
csr is the breakfast\'s bouncin\'.

[EVIL]yeah, i said it![/EVIL]

peaches626

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 11:40:33 am »
fuck.... that looks amazing.... pretty much why i go to breakfast shows right there folks.... looks adventurous, quite an excellent showcase of all their skills i would believe, great mix of old and new, segues, rockers, ballads, progressive, funky, godamn
taints rule, gypsies drool!

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 12:22:46 pm »
Cosmic Spaceway is the shit, PERIOD!  I singlehandedly annoyed Ron enough to get that back in the repitoire for the NXNW Philly show in \'05.  It has been back in style since.  Shows with nothing but Balls to the wall "ragers" are B...O...R...I...N...G!!!  Without an ebb and flow to a setlist, it doesn\'t capture the true journey that is a Breakfast show.

Why such a long one-setter???  Easily could have broken that up:

I:  Episode I (Happy) > Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Episode I (Happy), Tricky Ways, jam > Frankly Po Zest > Cosmic Spaceway Rhyme > Frankly Po Zest, Honey Butter > Drum Solo

II: Good Things, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Wake Up In A Coma > Inner Glimpse, Love Lake > jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot

It just looks strange to never stop with that many songs???  Al Z. any word on why they went straight thru???
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 01:07:16 pm »
Quote from: WALSH;123101
Shows with nothing but Balls to the wall "ragers" are B...O...R...I...N...G!!!  Without an ebb and flow to a setlist, it doesn\'t capture the true journey that is a Breakfast show.

Well put. I\'d love to see a show w/ Eppy 1, Good Things, CSWR, and WakeUpinaComa tossed between the ragers for good meter

of course with a Gladys Pimp tossed in to balance it all out :D
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 01:08:18 pm »
who worked merch???sell anything??
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 01:11:05 pm »
so, that was your fault, huh walsh?!! just as it had begun to disappear you forced it back from the dead?... well, i just wish you weren\'t so much taller than you, so i could reach up and bop you on the head (ala little bunny foofoo) for that! barely coherent lyrics (i mean seriously, cosmic spaceway rhyme?? what the hell is that supposed to mean?), an insipid, uninteresting chorus melody, and, may i add, fairly out of character for everything else they play. yes, ron sings it well, but it still annoys the hell outta me everytime i hear it. it really sounds like a simplistic kid\'s song, not a song by the breakfast. maybe a song by psychedelic breakfast, but not the breakfast. and i know its a good cool down song. and i, too, think that non-stop ragers are of less quality than a show with a good building of power/energy, but with the newer slower tunes, i just think there\'s no reason to play this one anymore. they\'re past it these days. its turned off everyone i\'ve played it for (within the context of playing them a show), and drives me away from the music every time i\'ve seen it live. i even had one guy at the funk box ask me, \'what the hell\'s this?\' and i brushed it off with a \'oh, its a little something to let them take a breather\' to which dude replied, \'well, i hope they don\'t need too much air....\'

sorry to turn this into a bitchhate diatribe,
leith

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 01:20:52 pm »
^ Can\'t pin that shit on me. I LOVE CSR.

Now if you put sorry to turn this into a bitchhate diatribe ala leith
That would be more like it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 01:30:28 pm »
Quote from: jking;123113
maybe a song by psychedelic breakfast, but not the breakfast.

Does this mean PSYCHEDELIC BREAKFAST is back!!??!?!? HELL yeah! I never got used to the name change thank God Jesus and the zero-point energy field things are back the way they *should be* !!

2002-04-20 = BEST SHOW EVER

.... seriously though, Psychedelic Breakfast had a good song or two... :toad: :clyde: :banapple: :megaman: :stan:

pardon me I have a cold or flu w/ fever and all the meds are making me delerious. I can\'t resist
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 01:35:15 pm by bdfreetuna »