Author Topic: College Football  (Read 4345 times)

origen

• http://
College Football
« on: October 10, 2006, 03:38:59 pm »
So there\'s no college football thread?  You people really are a bunch of damn yankees.  I guess it\'s hard to get exited when the only teams up there are Rutgers, Syracuse, and BC.  Anyway, Ohio State vs. Michigan might be the real national championship.  Also watch out for Georgia Tech - if they can beat Clemson they have a straight shot to the ACC championship game.  And what happened to Auburn?  I know Marcial\'s bumming about that.  Florida is now the dominant team in the SEC.  And don\'t even mention the words Southern Cal - they haven\'t played anyone.  Ohio State would crush them.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
College Football
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:33:46 pm »
I really hate this time of year because of college football. The majority of my job revolves around this garbage excuse for a sport for 5 months of hellish over time. Then just when it\'s ending, bam! college basketball and the finals. Before that\'s over, we\'re back into spring training for MLB and it just keeps going and going and...

dear god, I really hate sports. :duck:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 05:50:23 pm »
<<< enjoys CFB more than NFL, but enjoy NFL more for betting.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
College Football
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 06:20:08 pm »
:lol: I don\'t know much about sports, either, paul... I think Yale is playing Lehigh this weekend - though, i don\'t really even know what sport they\'re playing (football? soccer? lacrosse?) :shrug:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

origen

College Football
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 07:17:31 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;122377
There\'s more at stake in college football - every game is potentially a national championship game.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
College Football
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 08:06:01 pm »
Let\'s Go Huskers
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
College Football
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 08:50:33 pm »
Quote from: origen;122393
Quote from: Spacey;122377
There\'s more at stake in college football - every game is potentially a national championship game.

thats why I enjoy it. they play the game for the sake of playing football. there are more exciting plays, higher scores and more heart.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
College Football
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 01:36:05 pm »
I\'m not sure what the fuck happened to my beloved AU Tigers this past weekend... all I can hope for iss that we were looking ahead & getting prepared for Florida & just let the Razorbacks sneak up on us.  Hopefully we can beat Florida on Saturday and ruin their season as well.  The season is young, and my suspicion is that the SEC will beat itself up as usual before it is all over.  

I bet that by the end of the season, there will be several teams with 1 loss competing for the #2 position.

And you Yankee haters are clueless... College Football is the best sport ever created.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

origen

College Football
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 03:03:27 pm »
Quote from: Marcial;122450
I\'m not sure what the fuck happened to my beloved AU Tigers this past weekend... all I can hope for iss that we were looking ahead & getting prepared for Florida & just let the Razorbacks sneak up on us.  Hopefully we can beat Florida on Saturday and ruin their season as well.  The season is young, and my suspicion is that the SEC will beat itself up as usual before it is all over.  

I bet that by the end of the season, there will be several teams with 1 loss competing for the #2 position.

And you Yankee haters are clueless... College Football is the best sport ever created.
Hell yeah.  It\'s far superior to the NFL.  These NFL games early in the season are completely meaningless.  You can go 0-2 and still make the playoffs.  Go 0-2 in college football and the season\'s over.

Rujah

• team digest
College Football
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 09:06:27 pm »
UCONN SUSPENDS FIVE PLAYERS Five players were dismissed by Connecticut Coach Randy Edsall yesterday for violating team rules. The university would not elaborate on the violations.

The players are the sophomore wide receiver Nollis Dewar, the freshman wide receiver Todd Dorcelus, the junior safety Ricky McCollum, the junior defensive end Harold Stanback and the freshman linebacker Carl Teague. (AP)
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
College Football
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 01:12:19 pm »
Go Navy!!!!!!!!!

Beat Army!

Oh and USC locks up another chance to play for the BCS Championship today also. Crazy yr.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
College Football
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 02:21:22 pm »
GO BIG MOTHERFUCKING RED!!!!!!

big 12 championship
nebraska vs oklahoma 8pm ABC eastern time
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Rujah

• team digest
College Football
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 04:41:17 pm »
GO ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sink Navy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
College Football
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 05:31:50 pm »
Quote from: leith;127376
Go Navy!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Rujah;127397
GO ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Coast Guard!!!  :wah:
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
College Football
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 07:03:50 pm »
Quote from: estahwhaddup;127382
GO BIG MOTHERFUCKING RED!!!!!!

big 12 championship
nebraska vs oklahoma 8pm ABC eastern time

Hell yeah!  I only lived in Nebraska for 3 years, but once you\'ve been you are a fan for life.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.