Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-10-02 - Shag; Omaha, NE  (Read 8776 times)

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
Setlist: 2006-10-02 - Shag; Omaha, NE
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 11:48:59 am »
they played a lot of new songs, i hope they sold a bunch of cds to the omaha kids
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 11:54:18 am »
Quote from: jking;121461
i always thought that > meant there was a jam and ->meant it went right into the next song.

^ i\'ve never looked at it that way.  i\'ve always seen it as

> is to -> as tomatotron is to tomAHtotron
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 12:08:49 pm by Jim Cobb »
Postcount +1.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 12:05:22 pm »
Quote from: jking;121461
i always thought that > meant there was a jam and ->meant it went right into the next song.

You think correctly. For a majority of setlist keepers the -> and > are different and signify exactly what you thought.

As for Sundance Tim said the next song they were going to play would be Sundance.

If a newb were writing down a setlist they would have put Sundance not jam>Sundance.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 12:06:06 pm »
Webcast was stellar, props to omtunes.  Sundance intro = SunTrance, as someone put it in the webcast chat last night.  I really hope other shows are webcasted like this in the future, since I have no job and have alot of free time at night on weekdays.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

leith

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 12:13:29 pm »
As far as the 1st set   
Fearless and Sundance were sick. The rest had moments but those 2 were wow!

2nd set
D5 and Late/Over were sweet w/ Over being a monster.

Much better than I have heard previously and leaps and bounds over the Daniel St. DVD.
Overall a decent show w/ moments of serness.

It sounds to me like they are finally finding that new sound instead of sounding like The Breakfast w/o a keyplayer. Not a sound I am really into but not as bad as it was for me.

I do think they are becoming more accessible to the masses w/ the trancy jamming I heard last night.

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 12:49:41 pm »
They have been getting more electroninc in alot of jams for a few years now, it really had nothing to do with Jordan leaving.  It might be happeneing more but it is definitely a natural transition, if this band had just stayed with the same sound and stagnated, I wouldn\'t still be here.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 01:08:24 pm »
I scrambled last night after fitz said no one was taping. I started taping towards the end of Gravity.

It was taped from the webcast so there are some audio issues but if this is the only source for the show it is better than nothing. There weren\'t that many issues witht he audio so I think it will be an enjoyable listen

So the source is a little weird.

Webcast > Waveterminal 192X >COAX >Sony A7> Optical >iriver h120

1st set 16/44.1
2nd set 16/48 (I messed around with my Quicktime settings and the digi out switched to 48khz)

Obviously the webcast was not 16/44.1 but thats what I recorded at so you COULD burn cd\'s if you really wanted to.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

leith

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 01:59:21 pm »
Quote from: WALSH;121473
They have been getting more electroninc in alot of jams for a few years now, it really had nothing to do with Jordan leaving.  It might be happeneing more but it is definitely a natural transition, if this band had just stayed with the same sound and stagnated, I wouldn\'t still be here.

Yeah but not as much as this show. Yeah Queeb and a Puppetry or a jam here and there but not as much.

I see it as a need. For me the loss of Jordan has led to a loss of groovability but w/ more of this type of electronic trancey jamming the groove is back.

I remember the trance jam in Puppetry @ Crystal Bay and wished then they would do more of it.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 02:06:45 pm »
happy puppetry from crystal bay= top notch stuff
suntr/\\nce=heady ish
<<<<< biting wah\'s stylie
(its contagious, sorry bro)

it was really touching to be able to watch that shit.. big ups to baby delivery dance guy and spastic hippie kid aka the n00dle.... of course props to ando and kimmers for all that they have done
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 05:29:15 pm »
how was the turnout?
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

sconnie4satan

• from the block...
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 05:32:22 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;121477
I scrambled last night after fitz said no one was taping. I started taping towards the end of Gravity.

I believe Gary or a friend of his was at the show taping.  Bearsong Gary is a moe.ron, actually the 2005-2006 mayor of moe.ville, who I can always find in the tapers section at shows he\'s at.  He was winding up cords off the the right near the corner of the bar/table area at the end of the webcast last night.  I will see if I can find out about his/their audio.
Don\'t shoot the messenger it\'s not his fault...
It\'s just a drag when you\'re the last one to know.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 05:52:58 pm »
Quote from: sconnie4satan;121505
I believe Gary or a friend of his was at the show taping.  Bearsong Gary is a moe.ron, actually the 2005-2006 mayor of moe.ville, who I can always find in the tapers section at shows he\'s at.  He was winding up cords off the the right near the corner of the bar/table area at the end of the webcast last night.  I will see if I can find out about his/their audio.

Cool. The show was pretty good. I will probably just do another MP3 thing for this. Not really sure what the original encoding was for the stream.

Listening to it now. doesn\'t sound that bad

My "copy" starts with 3minutes 10 sec left in gravity. I have the entire 2nd set as well.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

kimmers

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 06:42:20 pm »
It was definitely good to see the guys again.  Descent turnout considering knowledge of the show was mainly word of mouth.  I really enjoyed Sundance...don\'t think I had heard it before.

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2006, 06:44:03 pm »
Quote from: ;
The show was great.  My first webcast and what a treat it was.  The dinosaur and his computer (also a dinosaur) are new to it.  Still can\'t believe how amazing "Sundance" was.  For me, it was the highlight of the night.  Peace.
You Lucky Bastards!

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2006, 06:46:46 pm »
Ya wow, I was taken by surprise when I saw the thread freddy had posted on this...I had no idea, what a treat.

On the jam idea being in the setlists...
Technically...
I think, the jam>song deserves to be there seeing the simple fact that the chord changes are different in the jam...even tho you can play/tease the same riffs/rythms in a different key with different changes as the song that was announced...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 06:53:56 pm by Ant-Man »
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.