Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-09-16 - Wormtown\'s Garden Of Eden; Greenfield, MA  (Read 11221 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-09-16 - Wormtown\'s Garden Of Eden; Greenfield, MA
« on: September 18, 2006, 06:28:44 am »
I: Sundance > Wake Up In A Coma > Sundance, jam > Dimension 5, Psygn, Love Lake, Rust > Buquebus

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:16:52 am »
wow, d5!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:14:20 am »
Tim introduced D5 as "Here is a new twist on an old favorite" and then they went into a pretty spacey funked up jam before D5. quite ser....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 10:16:33 am »
I can\'t wait to hear that Sundance>WUIAC>SUndance looks ser on paper
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 12:14:51 pm »
eh.

The show was OK. Buquebus was the highlight (as usual).

Adrian was def. on fire. it was a solid show just didnt do much for me. It seemed like everyone was having a goodf time on stage I just couldn\'t help noticing/thinking that every time Tim turned to play keys it dropped the energy level. He certainly looked like he was having a blast but it just seemed like an after thought. I would have much prefered the tunes just played w/o keys.

Thursday it was fine but for whatever reason it seemed to stick out like a sore thumb to me on Saturday
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:28:55 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s
I just couldn\'t help noticing/thinking that every time Tim turned to play keys it dropped the energy level.

That\'s the same feeling I get during some of the songs, others were bad but are now better. Might get better with time, who knows?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 05:19:38 pm »
Well, Tim seems to be getting used to it.

I think I\'ve seen 4 or 5 shows that are just the trio... the first 2 seemed a little tough to be playing both. The last 2, it was like, holy shit, that kicks ass.

I am firmly in the opinion that The Breakfast should remain a trio forever.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

BigMamaBlueberry

• om nom nom nom
  • Administrator
    • http://www.blueberrydreams.com
great to see everyone
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 06:48:13 pm »
just wanted to chime in and say it was great seeing the boys twice in three days!  whoo hoo :wave:

i was especially psyched to see tangi (sp?).  it seems like it\'s been a long time, even though it was at the 1,000th show.

here\'s a few pics of the guys:

hope to see everyone soon.  take care/kim

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 10:51:59 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna
Well, Tim seems to be getting used to it.

I think I\'ve seen 4 or 5 shows that are just the trio... the first 2 seemed a little tough to be playing both. The last 2, it was like, holy shit, that kicks ass.

I am firmly in the opinion that The Breakfast should remain a trio forever.

Well you have your wish. a lil bird told me unless someone of EXTRAORDINARYkeyboard playing talent appears, The Breakfast are a trio now and forever.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 10:56:38 pm »
thanks to igzy for the call during D5.  one of my fav\'s, easily.

leith

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 10:57:00 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa
I just couldn\'t help noticing/thinking that every time Tim turned to play keys it dropped the energy level.

That\'s the same feeling I get during some of the songs, others were bad but are now better. Might get better with time, who knows?

Finally some people w/ enough guts to actually voice some displeasure w/ the keyboard set-up and the way it does detract from the energy level @ times.

I expect there to be less keyboard playing and more synth tricks from Tim in the future and would not be surprised if the Keys were dropped from most if not all songs. Just a hunch.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 11:02:06 pm »
^^
I hope your little birdie is right! Cool :)

Eh, not a matter of guts here, I criticize my favorite band all the time (cuz i love them)... but I really think Tim on keys+guitar is pretty damn cool.

Personally I don\'t require Breakfast shows to be balls-out-rocking every second of the show. That\'s why I like songs like Eppy 1, Escher\'s Etchings, Question Mark & The Mind,  Eppy 2, and other ones that aren\'t straight out rockers. PB has always been excellent at developing a jam slowly from ambience to a face melting peak... I\'ll take both and everything in between :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 11:12:54 pm »
Quote from: leith

Finally some people w/ enough guts to actually voice some displeasure w/ the keyboard set-up and the way it does detract from the energy level @ times.

I expect there to be less keyboard playing and more synth tricks from Tim in the future and would not be surprised if the Keys were dropped from most if not all songs. Just a hunch.

I dont think tpalms is going to stop playing as much keys because the energy level dropped a little bit, at certain times during a rinky dink festival. I think that w/ out someone doing something on keys a lot more energy would be lost in many more songs. I think the little extra that is put into the music from the keys is essential for the band in this transitional period

or maybe im wrong...who knows
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

leith

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 11:18:36 pm »
Quote from: sallyalli
Quote from: leith

I dont think tpalms is going to stop playing as much keys because the energy level dropped a little bit, at certain times during a rinky dink festival. I think that w/ out someone doing something on keys a lot more energy would be lost in many more songs. I think the little extra that is put into the music from the keys is essential for the band in this transitional period

or maybe im wrong...who knows

They are past the transition period believe it!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 12:02:14 am »
they\'re not gonna please absolutely everyone w/ the change, but rest assured the majority of people who have seen the breakfast trio have been impressed, some of which moreso than the foursome.  timmy is just starting to get comfortable w/ the key set up, and he\'s not gonna stop using it alltogether, if anything he\'ll get better at knowing when to use it and how to make it work well w/ the jam.

i personally am all for the 3 piece sticking w/ it.  they got all the essentials, and no longer have to jam on top of eachother which at times came out as a muddled mess of music.  the band is more focused, power driven, and tighter, and they can only get better and better.  I can only imagine how much they\'ll have progressed when they return back from this upcoming tour.  the freakout is gonna be the tits.