Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-09-08 - Club Metronome; Burlington, VT  (Read 5311 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-09-08 - Club Metronome; Burlington, VT
« on: September 09, 2006, 12:50:32 pm »
I: jam > Honey Butter, Escher\'s Etchings > See The Light*, Future Peek > Gravity > Episode 3 (Awakening)

II: Intension, What The Funk, Love Lake, Buquebus > 2001 > Buquebus

E: Drum Solo > jam > Taboo Or Not Taboot

Thanks to bezerker for the call!

crimsonknuckles

• makes geniuses disappear!
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 01:07:39 pm »
Quote from:
buquebus>2001>buquebus!!!!!! motherfucker!!!!
" Let\'s go Islanders!!!!!!! "
" A festive mood is all around, Another world is what we found "
" Brewin\' funk inside my soul kitchen so pullup a chair here\'s a bit have a listen "

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 01:36:58 pm »
Quote from: crimsonknuckles
Quote from:

buquebus>2001>buquebus!!!!!! motherfucker!!!!

:that:
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 01:48:13 pm »
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Edit: :banghead::banghead::banghead:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 03:25:32 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 02:10:37 pm »
Room at Holiday Inn - $150
Gasoline - $50
Bar Tab - $20
Breakfast ticket - $5
Best Show Ever -- PRICELESS
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 02:20:16 pm »
the best show ever monicker is a little played out.  its like the boy who cried wolf now.  i can\'t even trust a show to be that good if its even stated.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 02:31:22 pm »
^^
sup

Don\'t remember seeing you at the show??

Looks like we\'ve been to the same # of shows (cool! hehe)... yep, BEST SHOW EVER.

As a matter of fact, several Breakfast shows I\'ve seen have been the best show I\'ve ever seen. And, as a matter of fact, last night in Burlington was the best show I\'ve seen Breakfast play.

Maybe not everyone\'s "best show ever" but it sure as hell was mine and my two buddies agreed (both of them have seen their share of shows too).

Jealous much? :P

yeah, I\'ll stop saying best show ever if they actually start getting worse, in stark contrast to reality which is The Breakfast has been getting better and better and better for the last 4 years and 43 shows I have seen them.

Last night was beautiful
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 02:35:44 pm »
i wasn\'t there last night.  and i\'ve been to more than 43, just haven\'t updated recently.  i can agree that breakfast shows get perpetually better and better.  hell thats the reason why i see them so much,  i just get tired of seeing the words best show ever displayed after every show w/o any insight as to the particulars of why it was.  i\'m still stuck on last week though, so IMO Utica was the best show ever ;)

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 02:36:18 pm »
"yeah, I\'ll stop saying best show ever if they actually start getting worse, in stark contrast to reality which is The Breakfast has been getting better and better and better for the last 4 years and 43 shows I have seen them."

well said! Was the show taped? Looking forward to hearing it if it was. Man I sure wish Utica had been taped. That show was unfreakinreal! Mad pumped for albany on thurs.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 02:40:24 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
i just get tired of seeing the words best show ever displayed after every show w/o any insight as to the particulars of why it was.

yeah, I\'m bad at writing reviews for shows, because they\'d be go something like this:

"this song kicked ass, it had a wicked heady jammed out part that they don\'t normally jam out... blahblah just listen to the recording or watch the DVD when it goes up!"

Maybe I\'ll try anyway though... I got a busy afternoon today though

Quote from: Igziabeher
i\'m still stuck on last week though, so IMO Utica was the best show ever ;)

:peace:

peaches626

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 05:58:13 pm »
for me, i think ep 3, what the funk, and love lake were my favorite versions that ive heard so far.....honeybutter maybe..... see the light was silly fun, as was gravity and buquebus....
my first 2001 so that was something special

o and prize goes to last night for shortest setbreak of the year.... yaaay
taints rule, gypsies drool!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 06:51:30 pm »
Was the turnout as good other 2006 Burlington shows?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2006, 05:30:54 am »
yeah peaches it was a short set break, sweet.  Killer night, really was, had great times and they threw down.  Finally first time I\'ve seen the new school breakfast (that one\'s for you dave) and was soo impressed, obviously.  First episode three for me, can\'t remember the last time i left a show and said that was the first time ive seen that song, sick.  Fucking ill mcnasty.  2001, first one since porters, and this one i actually remember.  Peaches, good times raging, your my boy b.  I\'m out

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 12:18:04 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Was the turnout as good other 2006 Burlington shows?

Nope.  It maxed out at around 150 (half full) and by the end was down to about 75 (1/4 full) although every last person who stayed was raging out in front of the stage.  The business side of the band would rather have 300 people who pay to come in even if they pay little attention and do the old mystical 10-foot gap between the stage and the front row.  (Ugh.)  The musical side of the band would rather have 75 people raging.  So the crowd made for a good show but I think second weekend of school is tough because 1. It\'s nice out 2. Everyone throws parties and 3. Everyone is trying to catch up with 100 people they didn\'t see all summer.  

The highlight was definitely Buquebus > 2001 > Buquebus to end the show.  That\'s the stuff that dreams are made of right there.  Other than that everything was rocked out superbly per usual but I didn\'t feel anything was particularly noteworthy.  It\'s an in-your-face setlist too.  With the exception of Love Lake and Intension, everything is super A-list material.  You\'d think they were at a big festival or something with that setlist.  

For my take on saying "best show ever" I just started a new thread here.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2006, 12:40:55 pm »
^^
Well, Intension is one of the songs that really surprised me the other night. Until then I thought it was one of the weaker songs they had... but it seemed to me that they took on the song with a whole new level of confidence in Burlington. There really are some nice progressions making up that song and they played it like they meant it :)

Other highlights for me were:

See the Light --- long ass intro/buildup... you could see it coming from miles away hehehe
Escher\'s Etchings --- been a little while, nice to see that one again
Episode 3 --- ohhh, NOOWW I know why this is a sick song .. best version yet!
Taboot --- Tim *nailed* it