Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-08-12 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 9555 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Setlist: 2006-08-12 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2006, 01:18:21 pm »
did anyone else get completely jammed up during the normally "take it away sequoia"part of bugs?
goosebumps covered my body and i found myself unable to move for a few...
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 01:56:52 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher
Quote from: jocelyn

Not seeing Alli > > > :( :( :(

gee thanks.  you rock.

Shush Gregg I already spoke to you about your absence and the fact that I was bummed you were not there. Plus, ask anyone, I was plenty vocal at Daniel St. about my concern regarding your whereabouts.

Miss Alli on the other hand I have not spoken to so I wanted to make it clear that her presence was missed.

That is all.

you rock as well.
Masturbation in the MFA

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 04:16:31 pm »
I thought some of the songs sounded kind of hollow.

I\'ve always said that Jordan really enriched their sound, that\'s why I\'d advocate for a fulltime key replacement (even without hearing the current lineup).

Waking up at 1 in the afternoon to you guys drinking margaritas after having not slept a single minute... I was most certainly out-partied. You guys are nuts.

Knowing these peeps, I really shouldn\'t be suprised.

Nonetheless: :wtf2:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 04:16:31 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 04:17:42 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
...that\'s why I\'d advocate for a fulltime key replacement (even without hearing the current lineup).

yes...that sounds like a very informed opinion :sarcasm:
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 04:22:41 pm »
Thanks to everyone who came to the hotey afterwards... it was a great time :)  I\'m glad the kegerator worked... just remind me to get a FULL keg (+1 on reserve) for next time! :lol:  The show was incredible as always - great lights, sound, venue.  See y\'all on Thurs. @ SBC!!!

Quote from: Mamalakabubadaya
ps/robyn, your socks are in the washing machine at this very moment-you\'ll have them back as soon as i see you! thanks!

u can keep them/throw them away - i\'ve got way too many socks & usually wear sandals/heels anyway! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 05:32:35 pm »
Quote from: zuke583
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
...that\'s why I\'d advocate for a fulltime key replacement (even without hearing the current lineup).

yes...that sounds like a very informed opinion :sarcasm:

Well, it\'s not a matter of liking them vs. not enjoying them as a trio (as I have listened to some recent shows and still think they kick ass); I almost always prefer the addition of keys to any band (though there are exceptions).  There are even studio-recorded punk bands that sound better w/the appropriate keys mixed into the sound.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 01:02:29 am »
Wooooah what a whirlwind of a weekend......
I heard/saw the future at Daniel Street.......
I am not sure what song it was.  I think it was in the second set where Timmy said that Adrian was going to start a tune off, and they went into this sick ass jam like i have never heard them play before......amazing playing from all three bandmembers....as for the arch-truss (or the Tie-Fighter as he was calling the lighting setup earlier in the day)....kudos to Johnny Upstate....nice job buddy......now lets get the hazer workin and you may finally have a completely working light rig......
Thanks to Duaine Oldnewbie for hosting the Breakfast crew to a relaxing afternoon poolside (we definitely needed that)
Thanks to Todd and Robyn for hooking up and hosting yet another classic latenight at good ole Hotel TKA.....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

peaches626

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 11:56:51 am »
so ya sick night obviously...... i hate not having encores, surreal radio shouldnt have been the end of that show

i don\'t get the tricky ways hating.... i thought it was a great opener, something to get people movin, but you dont have to be pissed if you miss it, a la mooboos at middle east

rufus was obviously wicked sick, but whats up with botched intro? some kind of glitch in the system, obviously not a playing error.... and the song then kicked SERious ass thereafter

and were me alexi and dustin the only people who heard mooboos teases early first set????

oh and ving rhames meant business, "YOWZAH!!" :thumbsdow
taints rule, gypsies drool!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2006, 01:06:52 pm »
Quote from: peaches626
and were me alexi and dustin the only people who heard mooboos teases early first set????

dunno, but i was the only person (in my general vacinity at least) who heard adrian tease \'limb by limb\' at the end of may fly..

ChrisF

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2006, 02:46:14 pm »
i heard it, but i still didnt think it was going to happen. it sounded like it could have been the start of an inverted ep2, but since the band hasnt played any episode in such a long time i didnt think they would play an ep2 like that.

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 03:38:49 pm »
I was up front most of the show...and just remebered this..Tim breaking a string in one of the first songs and just playing his ass off like he didnt even need that string
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2006, 03:47:53 pm »
Happened during Beef Barley.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2006, 07:00:29 am »
Dave...was it "Limb" or "Taste"(only because I have been bugging him to try to get Ian to play Taste bc Ad knows it)?

If you haven\'t heard the band as a 3-piece, PLEASE step aside.  After seeing 138-some odd Breakfast shows with Jordan and a few since they have been back w/o him...This band is playing things that they NEVER have played before...this might not have been the best Breakfast show(which is all relative), but it was the most interesting Breakfast show I have ever seen.  I cannot wait to see what these guys can do.
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2006, 07:20:05 am »
Quote from: WALSH
Dave...was it "Limb" or "Taste"(only because I have been bugging him to try to get Ian to play Taste bc Ad knows it)?

definitely limb by limb.. he just perfected the beat not too long ago and has been playing the balls out of it since..

WALSH

• Mahoney
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2006, 07:29:15 am »
ok.  I am still waiting for my "Taste"
Too fat for a tandem bike, and too drunk for a Mountain Bike...taste the fear.