Author Topic: Setlist: 2006-08-12 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT  (Read 9554 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2006-08-12 - Daniel Street; Milford, CT
« on: August 13, 2006, 02:49:52 am »
I: Tricky Ways, jam > Beef Barley, Space City Affair > jam > See The Light, Future Peek > jam > Rufus > Food For Thought* > Dig

II: Intension, What The Funk, jam > Bugs, May Fly Disarray, jam > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Space City Affair > Surreal Radio

* "Never test the depth of the water with both of your feet."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:49:58 pm »
Quote from:
awesome show...some of the best jamming i\'ve ever heard from this band

-see the light was great
-rufus was possibly the best i\'ve ever seen...infinitely better than the one at nugroove, imo...i loved the dancey ending of the song
-segue into fft was flawless
-they got a sweet groove going in what the funk
-mayfly was possibly the best jam i\'ve ever seen from the breakfast
-excellent jam into phaddy

overall, the best trio show i\'ve seen yet...maybe the best breakfast show as well
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Ren

• what?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 01:01:04 pm »
Quote from:

...keyboard player?!...we don\'t need no stinking keyboard player!  I must admit, having not seen the breakfast "power trio," until last night I was a bit of a skepitc, but I\'m not anymore!  I was saying to one of the Chrises that it seemed like while making an effort to pick up the slack of a missing Jordan, they not only did that but they seemed to have gotten even better than before.  Every song in my opinion, was great except for my a totally unnecessary, Food for Thought, sorry all you hardcore fans who in your eyes the band can do no wrong...ever, the song is terrible.  Anyway, for me the show seemed to just gain energy as it went on, STL was great, Rufus was in it\'s usual spectacular form, but for me maybe they\'re obvious choices, What the Funk, Bugs, and Mayfly were really about as good as they possibly could have been, christ was I impressed, an encore would have been nice, but what can ya do.  GREAT SHOW!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 02:23:34 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 01:25:48 pm »
BT download available here - R0DE NT4>UA-5(W-MOD) source

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:17:09 pm »
Quote from: zuke583
Quote from:

overall, the best trio show i\'ve seen yet...

wait. who?
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 02:57:56 pm »
fuck tim palmeiri for playing food for thought every time i\'m not there.  he can lick my balls.

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 03:26:37 pm »
Last night was sick!!!!!:drool:
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 03:52:54 pm »
What the fuck am I still doing at Hotel TKA, heading home now.

Last nice was fuckin SER other than almost getting arrested, and wrist band taken, got back in for a good chunk of the second set, liked what I saw but the first set really blew me away
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 03:55:06 pm »
food for thought is what the breakfast is all about,imo.
ser show last night.pretty good turnout.it couldve been a little better but for those who made it,we got hit with something crazy last night.
those dudes are fucking sickos..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Ren

• what?
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 04:04:27 pm »
Quote from:
no freddie, YOU are what the breakfast is all abou it, IMO.  i was glad i didin\'t have to "look all over for you" when i drove by the door.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 04:13:31 pm »
ren,without trying to sound like an asshole,which im sure i will anyways,who exactly are you?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 04:39:55 pm »
Thanks to Todd and Robyn for being great hosts!!!!!!!!
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

Ren

• what?
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 06:20:01 pm »
I\'m Brandon you asshole.  HAHAHA!!!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 06:24:39 pm »
Quote from: Me!

Last nice was fuckin SER other than almost getting arrested, and wrist band taken, got back in for a good chunk of the second set, liked what I saw but the first set really blew me away

Why the heck did you almost get arrested/thrown out?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 06:39:58 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu
Quote from: Me!

Why the heck did you almost get arrested/thrown out?

blatant stupidity ;)

Quote from: Igziabeher
fuck tim palmeiri for playing food for thought every time i\'m not there.  he can lick my balls.

:lol: where the hell were you?

i really expected a lot more from daniel street as a venue from what i had hear about it, but honestly thought that the place sucked. way too expensive of a bar (come on now-milford, ct is not fucking manhattan) and general vibe in and around the place was not so friendly. i totally did not appreciate the gestapo type commands/insults that were basically yelled at the crowd at the end of the night to "get the fuck out of here now". also, wasn\'t crazy about how many police were crawling around that town, but i guess some places are like that. oh well.

interesting show last night. i wasn\'t blown away with the tricky ways opener, but people definitely seemed to dig the song. aside from that, the whole first set fuckin killed. awesome stl, rufus, fft..i could go on more but i am still in shock that i\'m awake right now. the mayfly, jam>phaddy was definitely the highlight of the second set. i am not into surreal radio at all, esp as an encore. there are such better songs to close a set/evening than that song.

anyway, glad i made it out last night. wasn\'t gonna go and had a change of heart at the last minute. i definitely needed that after the shit i dealt with on friday. thanks mandler for the ride and tkaspirit for some good ole  hospitality. ps/robyn, your socks are in the washing machine at this very moment-you\'ll have them back as soon as i see you! thanks!