Author Topic: The 2006-07 National Football League Thread  (Read 13777 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
The 2006-07 National Football League Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 01:49:52 pm »
I would love to play fantasy football with you guys!  Nice work starting a league Rujah!  I don\'t mean to be picky but there\'s two league paramaters that, if changed, will make the league more fun for all.  (I\'ve played 7 leagues in the last 5 years and comissioned 3 so trust me on these.)  First, there should not be a 9-man bench.  Who wants a league where half your team doesn\'t count?  Enable one  WR/RB spot and one WR/TE spot and cut the bench down to 4 or 5 people.  This greatly improves the fun and strategy.  18 people on a team is way too many.  14-15 is ideal, 16 is the absolute max, otherwise you have to sit there and draft 5th-string receivers and rookie TEs who have no chance at ever playing.  And the one week they do play, they\'ll be sitting on your 9-man bench!

Quote from: Rujah
Now that I recall the point system was pretty high last year but oh well. If anyone has any better ideas for scoring just let me know.

Just noticed the glitch in the scoring system.  It\'s almost perfect just 2 little changes.  3 points for a completion or reception are the culprits.  Two completions are worth the same as a touchdown is no good.  And at 35 pass yards per point, you need 105 passing yards to equal one 3-yard completion, also no good.  Just take out the completion and reception points and leave the yardage and TD points as they are and it\'s a good scoring system.  

You might get more people this year with these simple league changes, as knowledgable players aren\'t going to get into a league with flaws.  Let\'s get it on!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 03:52:32 pm by Wolfman »

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 02:44:50 pm »
fixed thanks wolfman I never really looked at the scoring system before. no wonder why Spacey won last year.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 01:01:36 am »
is it espn or yahoo?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Wolfman

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 02:40:00 am »
Great work Rujah!  This looks like a yahoo league.  We need the league ID number!!!  You can\'t use the league name to join, you need the number.

Everyone post your fantasy teams if you\'re in a league.  Here\'s my other team for this year.  It\'s really, really sad.  Well at RB I\'m atrocious, my other positions are good but with RBs like this I\'m toast.  I took Domanick Davis with my 2nd pick...didn\'t know he was seriously injured at the time.  (He\'s now been shut down for the year.)  So my team sucks right now, but last year I made the playoffs (top 4 out of 12) with only 4 out of 15 of my original draft picks still on the roster.  You can build a team along the way but you have to be very, very savvy and pretty darn lucky also.  Our draft was Thursday and I\'ve already cut 4 of my 15 draft picks!  OK with no further ado here\'s this year\'s debacle:

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Hines Ward
WR: TJ Houshmandzadeh
WR: Eddie Kennison
RB: Reuben Droughns
RB: Wali Lundy
TE: LJ Smith
W/T: Rod Smith
W/R: Thomas Jones
K: S. Gostkowski
DEF: Carolina
BN: Tatum Bell
BN: David Givens
BN: Jerius Norwood
BN: Greg Jennings

I already dropped my 2nd, 13th, 14th, and 15th pick.  They were, respectively, Domanick Davis, Mike Vanderjagt, Mewelde Moore, and Trent Green and I\'ve picked up Jennings, Norowood, Lundi and Gostkowski.  All good moves on paper but I\'d still be lucky if 1 of the 4 guys I added makes a big difference.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 02:40:00 am by Wolfman »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 07:04:08 pm »
Is there a more frustrating call than holding?
I swear whenever a big play breaks and then gets called back more often than not the call is holding! ARRRRRGHHHHH!!

Oh and from the looks of his first game, I think Reggie Bush may fit just fine in the NFL.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2006, 09:42:09 pm »
I can\'t think of a less satisfying win than today\'s Patriots victory over the Bills.

OK yes I can...today\'s Red Sox win to avoid getting swept by the Royals and stay within 10 games of the Yankees!

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 09:59:12 pm »
how bout the Lions losing a heartbreaker to the seahawks

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2006, 06:37:24 pm »
i wish i had seen this earlier i\'d have played with you guys.

wolfman - i took davis as well.  either way i\'ll still beat everyone in that league except maybe some wisconsin chick. :)

i just came in here to post something about the jets and the superbowl

undefeated baby

woohoo

Rujah

• team digest
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2006, 07:10:45 pm »
yeah the Jets and the Super Bowl

anyways since alot of ppl missed out on the league and there are only 4 ppl I started up a knew one.

league- 695205
password- sundance

Right now there are 3 ppl and the auto-draft won\'t start until there are at least 10 or 20 ppl

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 10:23:08 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman
I can\'t think of a less satisfying win than today\'s Patriots victory over the Bills.

a win is a win is a win.  who cares how satisfied you are?  its a lot more satisfying than a loss.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 02:03:37 am »
9 SACKS!!!!!!
They kept it simple for Philip in his first game and LT just ran rampant over the weakass Raiders.
I think LT had more rushing yards than the Raiders had total yards!!!

Man it was a great way for the Chargers to start the season!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 09:38:58 am »
Quote from: postom
i just came in here to post something about the jets and the superbowl
undefeated baby
woohoo

You forgot the part about the Super Bowl.  Here, I\'ll say something about the Jets and the Superbowl:  At the end of the season when each Jet chips in his $50 bonus for going 1-15, they will have pooled enough money to rent a nice plasma TV to watch the Super Bowl.

It\'s all downhill from here homegirl.  Patriots 24, Jets 10.

BTW where are all the Giants fans?  Poor Eli got screwed by his own dirty receivers who can\'t stop pushing off on every play rotfl
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:39:41 am by Wolfman »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 09:45:35 am »
BTW where are all the Giants fans?  Poor Eli got screwed by his own dirty receivers who can\'t stop pushing off on every play rotfl

yeah, that\'s definitely what happened. you obviously watched the game.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 09:53:48 am »
Quote from: davepeck

yeah, that\'s definitely what happened. you obviously watched the game.

Well it would appear the Giants fans were busy in other threads rounding up people for lottery pools and radio station harassment.  Worthy causes, I think.

As far as those penalties- apparently Plaxico Burress is not allowed physical contact with anyone.  I didn\'t realize this was soccer.

As for getting screwed by your WR\'s- Deion Branch anyone?

I have also decided if I ever get a cat I absolutely must name him Plaxico in duel tribute to the Giants and Jane\'s Addiction.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:55:53 am by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Wolfman

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 05:18:34 pm »
I did watch the Giants game and let me tell you what...when Tim Carter got that offensive interference penalty on the 2nd to last drive he\'s lucky he was on a football field cause he\'d be serving 5-15 years if he did that anywhere else.  Absolutely mugged that poor helpless little cornerback.  Cross your fingers and hope that he doesn\'t get a lengthy suspension.  rotfl

BTW Deion Branch didn\'t screw anyone.  The Pats don\'t need him and if he wasn\'t going to play here then the Pats only made themselves better by trading sme guy who was never going to play here for a first-round pick.  Everyone said the sky was falling when we cut Lawyer Milloy too, and we won our first championship that year.  I actually laud Branch for his courage and resiliancy.  He did well for himself.  Well, at least he did in the money department but that\'s the only thing that mattered to him.  It\'s a win-win.  Peace out Deion, thanks for SB XXXIX and the first-round pick, and if you\'re there to meet us in Miami in February I\'m sure Rodney Harrison will have a message for you :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:18:34 pm by Wolfman »